View Poll Results: What should I do?
Keep your RS, pay off all your bills, and 2.0 turbo that sucker!
14.29%
Keep your RS, pay off your bills and buy a house
52.38%
Sell your RS, wait a few months, buy an STi, then try to buy a house later
9.52%
Oh shut up already...Why are you talking about this again?!?
23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

I need opinons...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 11:58 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
I need opinons...

Well...what do you guys think I should do? I mean realistically if you were in the same boat as me.

If I pay off all my bills (car loan and personal loan) by the end of the year, I can turbo my RS and have no bills left.

If I sell my car now, I can still pay off all my bills and maybe in August I would pick up an STi (if I sell the car now, I can get more $$ for it).

Any ideas?

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 05-23-2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Speaking strictly from a financial-wisdom point of view, pay of your bills, keep the RS, and get a house. In 10 years, you'll be happy, and able, granting you getting a decent job, to buy the STi of the times with no problems. However, I feel your pain... very much.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Staff Member

Thanks Greg...sheesh...anyone else? You all seem to say things about me when I'm not around, so here is a chance to actually blab your opinion about a decision for my life...
Old 05-23-2003, 01:08 PM

Buy the house first, then sell the rs, then buy the STi. who knows how long that order should or would take....but its much easier to qualify for a home loan with no stupid car payments....

-Snuff
Old 05-23-2003, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Hmmm, now I wonder what that degree will do for Joey's income?

I think that as long as you're not shooting yourself in the foot, you should do what makes you happy. Are you getting married? If so, I didn't realize. Buying houses is for folks who are married.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:23 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Buy a house. Dont be like me and get toys first. We still have to find jobs and all that before we can look for a house so that will take another year or so, but dont spend all your money on toys that depreciate, atleast the house will give something back. Along with the headaches that go along with owning a house atleast you get some equity. Build your future and not someone elses.

Ok, now like Pat said do what makes you happy. Take it all into consideration and like Nike says JUST DO IT. Now if we could only all play ball like that Lebron James and get $90mil for saying you like Nike there would be no more worries...
Old 05-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Staff Member

Originally posted by gpatmac
Are you getting married? If so, I didn't realize. Buying houses is for folks who are married.
NO I'M NOT! I'm just trying to think responsibly. I mean, I'm almost 28, I still live at home, and I think it's rediculous. I make a pretty good living doing what I do now, but I'm so torn (between toys and being responsible).
Old 05-23-2003, 01:34 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by Ditchhanger
NO I'M NOT! I'm just trying to think responsibly. I mean, I'm almost 28, I still live at home, and I think it's rediculous. I make a pretty good living doing what I do now, but I'm so torn (between toys and being responsible).
Be responsible, its boring at times, but you will be glad later in life. I havent been and Im 33 and need to grow up. Invest in something now if you are sticking around Hawaii. Heck even if you wont be here more than a couple years its hard to go wrong with a house... Getting a home loan with a steep car payment aint easy.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
You know what I'm going to say..........

1) Turbo your car!!!!!!!

2) Find great job

3) Buy a House!

You have a Bad A$$ car, all you need is a little more power, do a turbo kit over time. You'll have a fun project and a great car for the track. I think you'll regret not doing it.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Keep your car, turbo it as soon as you feel comfortable... How much is that going to be? $3k? $4k?

That's not going to be the death of your house dreams!

I know a bunch of lawyers that are 30+ and living at home. Come on, this is Hawaii!

No shame in your game, Brah!

Your car + turbo = HOLY SMOKES HOT!
Old 05-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Staff Member

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
You have a Bad A$$ car, all you need is a little more power, do a turbo kit over time. You'll have a fun project and a great car for the track. I think you'll regret not doing it.
I know...but that's easy coming from a guy with an STi...
Old 05-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Pr0n King

P.S. What do you do now anyway Joey?
Old 05-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Staff Member

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
P.S. What do you do now anyway Joey?
I do the same thing I have been for the last 4 1/2 years...I'm a technical consultant for a medical sales company. I'm waiting to hear back from the Hawaii ANG, Maryland ANG, South Dakota ANG and the D.C. ANG. If I get into any of those Air National Guard units, I will be a pilot. If not, I have a lot of opportunities in the job I currently have, as well as maybe going into the medical field...
Old 05-23-2003, 02:57 PM
Pr0n King

I always pictured you as some sort of law enforcment. Maybe you just look like a "G-Man"?

Any in-roads in the med. tech. field?
Old 05-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Hmm, .... I wouldn't get a house now, especially with so many variables in your future. I went through A LOT of crap trying to move out here and sell my house in VA.
- If you're serious about being on your own, ... you have time to find an apartment that will suite all your needs for now. .... If it's not driving you, or your parents, nuts that you're living at home right now, ... just stay there a bit longer until you can figure out what career path you're going to take. I've been on my own for a long time now, b/c I truly enjoy my independence, ... and just last month I caved in and got a roommate to help with the rent, it sucks, but I gotta do it for now.

To keep your RS, or not to keep your RS?, ... now that is the question! Well, for me, keeping a car for more than 3 or 4 years Sucks! I just want a new car again! And with the STi and G35 within grasp, it's hard to 'not' buy a new car!
If you were to turbo your car as is, ... it definitely be very sweet!! But then you just began a whole new upgrading process that's Not going to stop at $4-5k, .... you're looking at a whole new list of parts you're going to need, and some you may Have to get b/c of something going amiss.
You're car is Definitely sweet (I already said that, huh? ), but so is an STi ..... and which car has more potential in the end? Reliability? Instant gratification? How much would you really need to do to the STi to be satisfied for a long time?

.... but how does $500 mo car payments sound?

... righ now you know I'm in a "predicament", ... and I'm to the point where I want something that will make me happy , AND be reliable! AND make me do this when I drive it to work everyday -->

choices are tough, ... but that's what makes us men.

Quick Reply: I need opinons...