i need help with my turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 05:31 PM

Car Info: SECRET SECRET
Unhappy i need help with my turbo

my stock wrx turbo seized and i would like to know if anybody would let me borrow their stock turbo until i get my new one which shall be around wednesday or thursday. please please please help me. i would greatlyappreciate it.

thank you -
Ryan
Old 11-04-2006, 08:29 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
i have a vf30 that has a cracked exhaust housing that will work until that time. however you'll need engine management and fuel upgrades. let me know

Jon
Old 11-05-2006, 05:26 AM

thanks, i greatly appreciate the offer but, i'm just gonna wait till i order my vf34. i've decided to use my sister or my moms car to get me around.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
How did it seize? Did you blow the cat in the uppipe, or is it maybe just carbon build up?
Old 11-05-2006, 02:07 PM

well my friend said i was low on oil, so the turbine seized. it was my fault i didn't check my oil, normally i do check it.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:13 PM
VIP Member

How low were you on oil? Do you still have the stock uppipe in? Have you taken the turbo out and tried to "break" the turbine free?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
How low were you on oil? Do you still have the stock uppipe in? Have you taken the turbo out and tried to "break" the turbine free?

well my friend said that i was one day to late with no oil, and i still have the stock up-pipe in. We tried to take the turbo out but, it was getting to late so we decided to put a hold on it until my new turbo comes in.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
VIP Member

Here's my 2 cents....this is what happened with me.

I thought I had blown my stock turbo, too. My 2003 WRX was completely stock at the time. Everything worked great until a trip to Arizona and a CEL came on and I lost all boost capabilities...my turbo had crapped on me. I took it to a recommended shop down there, but they really didn't have any experience with these, mainly muscle cars, and the WRX hadn't been out for very long anyways. They took the turbo out and indeed, it had seized...the turbine would not spin. After some tinkering and some spray he got it to spin freely, so he reinstalled it and cleared the CEL code. On my way back from Arizona, the same exact thing happened. I took it in to our mechanic here in Northern CA and he said the turbo was bad, so after 1000 more dollars and a new turbo from Subaru, I still had little to no boost. I took it to Vishnu and they knew within a few minutes what was wrong. The catylitic converter in the stock uppipe had broken loose and actually had clogged the exhaust passage in the turbo. Chunks must've come off earlier in order to freeze the last turbo. After a new uppipe install everything was fine.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:23 PM

Here's my 2 cents....this is what happened with me.

I thought I had blown my stock turbo, too. My 2003 WRX was completely stock at the time. Everything worked great until a trip to Arizona and a CEL came on and I lost all boost capabilities...my turbo had crapped on me. I took it to a recommended shop down there, but they really didn't have any experience with these, mainly muscle cars, and the WRX hadn't been out for very long anyways. They took the turbo out and indeed, it had seized...the turbine would not spin. After some tinkering and some spray he got it to spin freely, so he reinstalled it and cleared the CEL code. On my way back from Arizona, the same exact thing happened. I took it in to our mechanic here in Northern CA and he said the turbo was bad, so after 1000 more dollars and a new turbo from Subaru, I still had little to no boost. I took it to Vishnu and they knew within a few minutes what was wrong. The catylitic converter in the stock uppipe had broken loose and actually had clogged the exhaust passage in the turbo. Chunks must've come off earlier in order to freeze the last turbo. After a new uppipe install everything was fine.
wow, that i wouldn't have thought of. I guess tommorow i'll go take a look at it thanks for the heads up man, i really appreciate it.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:59 PM
VIP Member

You're welcome!

Please post up and let us know what the problem is when you find out...I'm interested in knowing.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:06 AM
VIP Member

Bump for finding out an answer...
Old 11-11-2006, 12:26 PM

Bump for finding out an answer...
we took the turbo out and the up pipe was good, i was just running low on oil. so it was my fault