I miss my WRX

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
I miss my WRX

Hey guys

well if you have noticed i havent been on in like a month i am currently in the philippines training with the philippine army if you are in the army you know the rotation is called Balikatan 03. its not to bad here everything is cheap. as for the question everyone wants to know are there wrx's here that would be a big NO. its kinda like hawaii lots of civics but atleast they have the civics that come fast from japan. i.e. the vti, si etc..... well to be completely honest we as wrx owners would not last 5 minutes on the road here with all the crazy driving the locals do not to mention the lack of stop lights here. and besides all the debris on the road would make us quiver at the fact that we are getting paint chips all over our car. and you thought the humidity was bad in hawaii for our turbos hawaii has nothing on the humidity here in the philippines not to mention its the middle of the summer right now yup leave to the military to deploy us soldiers when its extremely hot or extremely cold. well just a little update here nothing to brag over oh yeah the woman here Woooooooo!!! that should explain it.

Old 05-13-2003, 08:25 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Re: I miss my WRX

So whereabouts are ya? I know what you mean about the driving, I wouldnt ever drive in Manila, but the outlying areas are ok. They drive how they want, dont obey stoplights, all carry guns and pipes and will go psycho on you if anything happens. Not a good place for a nice car. Thats why most Canos (Americanos) have drivers instead of driving themselves. And when you can have a nice armed driver for about $100 a month, why the hell not. And tons of LBFM maids for $20 a month, even better...

We are buying some land in Mindanao near Davao proper so we can put up a house in the future.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:57 PM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
Re: Re: I miss my WRX

Originally posted by DaveWRX

We are buying some land in Mindanao near Davao proper so we can put up a house in the future.
No offense Dave, serious, but why would a white man want to move to Mindinao. Let me rephrase this. "Abu Sayyaf, decapitation, kidnapping, **** rapage" ?
Old 05-14-2003, 02:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: I miss my WRX

Originally posted by Rexstang
No offense Dave, serious, but why would a white man want to move to Mindinao. Let me rephrase this. "Abu Sayyaf, decapitation, kidnapping, **** rapage" ?
Already been there many times and this wouldnt be a permanent residence, but its a nice area. Lotsa of americans and europeans there in Davao city. You just dont spend a lot of time at market, port or airport and you always have armed drivers.

Its an investment as well, its cheap as hell there and maybe I have the desire to play Rambo or something sometime in the future. Not too sure.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:57 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
There are WRX's in Manila. A friend of mine has one. GM/Subaru Philippines brought in 10 and they sold for P2.2 million ~$44,000 usd.

The WRX would be a sweet car down there for sure. I drove a Civic when I was there and even that was a big deal. There's no such thing as leasing and there are no usury laws. Finance a car for 5 years and you'll likely pay 35% in interest.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:24 PM

Originally posted by palaban
There are WRX's in Manila. A friend of mine has one. GM/Subaru Philippines brought in 10 and they sold for P2.2 million ~$44,000 usd.

The WRX would be a sweet car down there for sure. I drove a Civic when I was there and even that was a big deal. There's no such thing as leasing and there are no usury laws. Finance a car for 5 years and you'll likely pay 35% in interest.
No ****! $44kusd for a wrx? Wow. Everything else is so cheap there thats hard to imagine. I guess seeing all the cars there anything without dents and rust and broken parts is a luxury item. I still wouldnt bother. We looked at like a nice Camry we could buy and store at the house and just get a driven when we are there. Not too expensive that way. Wonder what an STi would go for there?