I feel like the STI/WRX is becoming the...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 08:54 AM

Car Info: 2004 Blue STi
All I can say, I'm leaving very soon and going to a poor place in the country...NW Louisiana. I'm sure I'm going to be a very few Subaru's, especially STi on the road. I'm also going to Biloxi for 3 mths and there are alot of rice machines there. So I'm not going to be a guy with a dozen-a-dime car. So I don't believe I will be seen as another one of those rice mobiles and all. I'm going to be sweet looking, fast, and the only one like that. That's my few pennies worth.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:04 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
Originally Posted by silver satin
The more I think about it and the more WRX's and STI's I see on the street it feels like they are becoming the next Honda Civic or am I the only one that feels like this sometimes. If I could get enough for my STI I'd sell it and buy something else like a Legacy GT wagon...
I think it's got a long way before becomes as common as the Civic...mainly b/c the Honda has been around alot longer. But if you only look at 02 models and later, it does "seem" like there are just as many Imprezas as there are Civics.

A couple of years ago, it also felt like you knew (or knew of) all the modded Subies on the road. Now there's just waaay too many to keep track of.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 2005 Metallic Gray STI
actually to be honest with you guys, I hardly see WRX's around my neighborhood too often. The only time that I would see a lot of WRX/STI's are on meets. Where do you guys hide? . .
Old 09-03-2004, 11:47 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by DrVortex
All I can say, I'm leaving very soon and going to a poor place in the country...NW Louisiana. I'm sure I'm going to be a very few Subaru's, especially STi on the road. I'm also going to Biloxi for 3 mths and there are alot of rice machines there. So I'm not going to be a guy with a dozen-a-dime car. So I don't believe I will be seen as another one of those rice mobiles and all. I'm going to be sweet looking, fast, and the only one like that. That's my few pennies worth.
jason it was very fun wiht you and david at the car show, i'll never forget it! got some pics too!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:02 AM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
i remember a time when everyone with an rs knew everyone with an rs and i mean everyone Bill(scoobysouth) used to make u turns and chase people down to say whats up and invite them to the club
So true, so true Big D. That why If I ever decide to ever buy another subaru, it would be a 93~00 model, most likely a wagon this time ...
Old 09-04-2004, 02:39 AM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
MY 2 cents:

well as for me i see alot of subys around where i live (kalihi). but i don't feel that we will become "the next honda". i feel proud seeing fellow i-clubers everywhere. having the occassional shaka here and there,stopping to chat about the cars, its great. i feel thats nothing close to honda enthuseists.i mean there to busy trying to race each other then tryin to make friends. one of my friends (who drives a crx) actualy told me the same thing, that subaru was the next honda. i was actualy a little offended by that. i feel as long as we all keep it real and show noob suby owners about club (teach them like how not to be punk ricers) then there wouldnt be a problem with having choke a$$ subys on the roads.the more the marier(sp) i say!

-ROB
Old 09-04-2004, 04:22 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
It may just be me, but I almost NEVER see another i-club Suby on the road. The only times I do see some are at random meets, or at the tracks. If I do see a Suby, it's always some random owner who doesn't return shakas. I guess i'm just on the wrong roads at the wrong times.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by playa7
i feel as long as we all keep it real and show noob suby owners about club (teach them like how not to be punk ricers) then there wouldnt be a problem with having choke a$$ subys on the roads.the more the marier(sp) i say!

-ROB
I agree........but the one that scares me is the fact that you also get those punk @$$ ex honda owners now subie owners that like to steal from some one else. Thats the reason why I traded my Honda in for my suby in the first place....

Jess
Old 09-04-2004, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
The last time I was in the states, it looked as though the tuner scene was very localized to only certain places. I will say that the eastern states (specifically CT where I am) is looking very tuner-esque. Lots of fart cans, body kits, and graphics. WRX's aren't rare, neither.

I can't wait to see what Indiana is all about.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:04 AM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
Thats the reason why I traded my Honda in for my suby in the first place....

Jess

same here man.....i had my civic broken into about 5 times within 3 monthes at one point.that wasnt very cool.....not to mention my bodykit kept flying off because ppl thought it was funny to try to steal it,the really funny thing is they never finished the job so it'll be hanging without me knowing and eventially just fly right off onto the road.very uncool. ive had my suby for a year now and no problems yet (knock on wood).
Old 09-04-2004, 11:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
plus this is a small island, so no matter what u will see suby's around.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:22 PM

Car Info: your mom.
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
It may just be me, but I almost NEVER see another i-club Suby on the road. The only times I do see some are at random meets, or at the tracks. If I do see a Suby, it's always some random owner who doesn't return shakas. I guess i'm just on the wrong roads at the wrong times.
i'm the opposite - i see rexes all over the place, but like you not many return the shakas. went out before(from university to ward) and saw 4 sedans and a wagon.

[QUOTE}The last time I was in the states, it looked as though the tuner scene was very localized to only certain places. I will say that the eastern states (specifically CT where I am[/QUOTE]

very true. if you go down a little into NJ, you'll see a lot of modded cars mostly riced, including subys. on the other hand, if you go up a little into boston you'll see a fairly BIG community of scoobs who take a lot of pride in the rally heritage. in my experience, boston has the biggest subaru community i've seen.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:30 PM

Car Info: Subaru, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Previously Owned Vehicles
and the conclusion is....

We see alot more on the road now than before.

Since we're owners, we espcially notice them alot more than before...

BUT, we'll never see or hear with our very own ears the horrible noise these Honda's make from morning till night.

Kinda funny you know these cars, they sound so LOUD and f a s t but... only loud and slow.

So why are we comparing a honda to Subies anyways or even our other loud, nissan, toyota freinds. Different cars altogether. Different TAX Bracket all together, and well they're just cheep in price and how they fall apart.

Who knows, maybe if we do continue to grow in numbers in Hawaii and the Mainland, people may learn something from us like safety, and being one OHANA.

Aloha,

Nino
Old 09-04-2004, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 04 JBP STi
NESIC has a solid club Hangbot. www.clutchdrop.com is one of their sites, and they aren't flashy; not in New England winters, no way. Well, there is this one widebody GC8, but its a hillclimber...

Anyway, somebody mentioned a Legacy GT. I acutally test drove one before I test drove a WRX.I wanted the reliability, and the leather, and the blah,blah,blah. I didn't fit. With the seat down and all the way back, and the steering wheel all the way up, my knees were still jammed into the wheel (<---6'2", 220). The seat/wheel combo in the WRX fit like a glove. Lucky me.
Now, if the Legacy STi come over and has the same cockpit as the WRX...

Quick Reply: I feel like the STI/WRX is becoming the...