I feel like the STI/WRX is becoming the...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 05:04 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I've yet to see over 5 other FXTs. Then again, most people don't know what they are and assume it's just another Forester
Old 09-01-2004, 06:49 PM

Car Info: 2004 subaru sti
Well heres a point of view from a guy who just left hawaii and is now living in San Diego. In Cali, i might see 1 wrx a day and i might see 1 STI in a week, they aren't as common as you think. But in hawaii you guys are right and i see where you would get that idea because i was thinking the same way. So what you need to do is pack up your bags and make your way stateside to even things up a little. This is from a guy who just left hawaii and is now living in San Diego. Hawaii's I-club is definatley representing their Subarus.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:08 PM

Car Info: Subaru, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Previously Owned Vehicles
My two cents

Here it is in a nutshell folks.

Our distributer here does not belong to Subaru of America.

So we can order as many Impreza's as we like but still contained under the ceiling of them being a limited production vehicle.

Each dealership in the lower 48 has a certain amout due to them, weather or not that allocation comes true is another story.

If We belong to Subaru of America and being as small as we are with all the dealerships put together we may have only seen 6 Sti's for the year 2004. Now, aren't you glad you live Hawaii.

Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllsoooooooooooo... . Not very many people can afford to be in the same tax bracket as us. Our low end base model vehicle is 20K. and we're still talking performance and safety. PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY!!!!!!!!!

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND. AS OWNERS, SINCE, WE ARE TALKING PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY OUR RESALE VALUE WILL HOPLFULL NOT DROP LIKE OUR OTHER WANNA BE COMPETITION'S.

LIKE MY FREINDS FROM KANEOHE STATED IN ONE OF HIS LAST POST, "We are nowhere near a leading Franchise Dealership on this Island" or whatever Greg said which is true. SUBIES DON'T BREAK, YOU DON'T SEE THEM ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD OR ON TOW TRUCKS WITH MAJOR MECHANICAL SUBARU PROBLEMS, (not related to ownership stupidness) that is.

Just think if kid want to buy one of our vehicles... He has to buy one of OUR vehicles.... U S E D ..... he he he and possibly trashed by that time.

So lets just calm down and give thanks for what we have... he he he what do you think.

Big ALOHA's to all and i flying my hand to all those in i-Club.

Aloha,

Nino
Old 09-01-2004, 07:14 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Well what I posted is how I feel.....Plus I have been looking at the Legacy GT and really like it. Nino how late are you going ot be there tonight I might try to stop by not sure?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:16 PM

Car Info: Subaru, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Previously Owned Vehicles
Bring Food

Originally Posted by silver satin
Well what I posted is how I feel.....Plus I have been looking at the Legacy GT and really like it. Nino how late are you going ot be there tonight I might try to stop by not sure?

HE HE HE

NAH JUST JOKING

AND YOUR OPINION IS TOTALLY WELCOME MY BRO. i WAS JUST VOICEING MY 2 CENTS

7:30

K BYE
Old 09-01-2004, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
i remember a time when everyone with an rs knew everyone with an rs and i mean everyone Bill(scoobysouth) used to make u turns and chase people down to say whats up and invite them to the club
Old 09-01-2004, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Yea now you lucky if you even get a smile or a wave from soembody driving a Suby all I ever get is a stupid look while I am waving...
Old 09-01-2004, 11:41 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Originally Posted by Raudi
The Audi S4 crowd has been experiencing the same thing. As the prices of the S4 get into the low 20k range we see more and more youngins picking them up. At a recent Hawaii Audi meet some JerkSack in a yellow A4 with RS4 badges and cut springs kept speeding around the Kaka'ako parking lot showing off his BOV on a busy Sunday afternoon. Myself and another guy there later politely asked him that he please sell his A4 and buy another HonDuh so he does give us a bad rap.
Funny, there is always a bad apple anywhere... those punks should learn about responsibility and respect!!!

I believe there is one bad in the subaru too, but he is not an i-club member...
Old 09-01-2004, 11:41 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Angry

Last edited by Tiare; 09-01-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:25 AM

Car Info: your mom.
Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
i remember a time when everyone with an rs knew everyone with an rs and i mean everyone Bill(scoobysouth) used to make u turns and chase people down to say whats up and invite them to the club
that's the school i came out of in the tri-state. we all knew each other and were always open to waving to fellow suby owners(RS', WRXs, Legacys, XTs, Brats, everything) we even had businesscards to place on parked windshields inviting people to the club.

just to note though, the first time i was ever 'called out' was by a tri-stater in a black 02:P

as for the rex becoming the new civic? nah, girls don't dig us
Old 09-02-2004, 06:34 AM

Car Info: 2005 Metallic Gray STI
I just hope that when that happen, we wouldn't have any bad blod against each other, trying to prove each other out. "My ish is faster than your" blah blah blah
Old 09-02-2004, 09:46 AM

Car Info: GDA
WOW, i'm surprised at the "not too many wrx's in CA" posts! have you guys been to SJ/SF on a weekday?!?!?! so we'll take yesterday, which is a typical day for me...i counted 4 wrx's and 1 STi while i was out to lunch. yes, in a 1hr period. on my commute to work, i see 2 wrx's regularly (1 wrb wagon and 1 wrb sedan) as well as 1 STi (silver). i ALWAYS see at least 1 wrx on 880 on my short 10-15 minute commute after work.

so overall, i'd say that i see at least 5-6 wrx's on any given weekday. no waves from the majority of them either. i've pretty much stopped waving except to modded subarus.

db
Old 09-02-2004, 09:52 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM STI
Man... I rarely see WRX's or STi's. Maybe a WRX wagon once a week.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
that's what he did to me....then he took me for a joy ride in his RS-T...ahhh the momories....and the result...we have to keep it OG mang..
Old 09-03-2004, 03:29 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
i'm a proud owner of a wrx since june 2002! :P i remember when i first got my car, nobody liked it, in fact i didn't even think they sold a body kit for the car(the ricer in me), well a year later, the wrx started to blow up, and ever since the STi came out, everyones after one, but its cool, i love to see all these car enthusiasts!

Last edited by STiNightFall; 09-03-2004 at 03:31 AM.

Quick Reply: I feel like the STI/WRX is becoming the...