I feel like the STI/WRX is becoming the...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:10 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
I feel like the STI/WRX is becoming the...

The more I think about it and the more WRX's and STI's I see on the street it feels like they are becoming the next Honda Civic or am I the only one that feels like this sometimes. If I could get enough for my STI I'd sell it and buy something else like a Legacy GT wagon...
Old 09-01-2004, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by silver satin
The more I think about it and the more WRX's and STI's I see on the street it feels like they are becoming the next Honda Civic or am I the only one that feels like this sometimes. If I could get enough for my STI I'd sell it and buy something else like a Legacy GT wagon...
very true... i feel the same way!
Old 09-01-2004, 12:21 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
its only a matter of time before the wrx drops low enough in book value for "kids" to get em. but there still a little more skill to modifying these cars(in comparison to honda, toyotas etc.) the numbers i posted several weeks ago don't lie- but i know i see more younger drivers of wrx's everyday.

i say keep your STi - but then again. . . it would be cool to have a wagon craze here in hawaii like it is in japan. that would rock.

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea

Last edited by gdogg; 09-01-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:22 PM

I'm gonna go look at the Legacy today maybe..
Old 09-01-2004, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
i'd have to agree with you.........maybe a year or two ago they were rare but nowadays it seems to be as common as a civic or integra. it also seems like we have the same stereo types in common too........for example its seems like most honda's have tenzo R's or racing harts and the subies seem to have volks...well just my opinion but with that being said i was also in vegas and phoenix recently when i was on leave and i didnt see to many wrx's there
Old 09-01-2004, 12:26 PM

Car Info: Justy
I have been thinking that the same thing. The WRX, WRX/STi will probably not be popular as the Civic's due to pricing. I do see quite a few WRX's and STi's in a day, but even that number is small compared to the number of Civic's I see. I just hope with the popularity of the WRX's and STi's, the owners are responsible drivers and not give the Subaru's the negative reputation of the 'punk racers car' that Honda's have.

I see the WRX, Sti are the new Civic and Integra, the G35 is the new IS300 (I remember seeing them everywhere)
Old 09-01-2004, 01:19 PM

The Audi S4 crowd has been experiencing the same thing. As the prices of the S4 get into the low 20k range we see more and more youngins picking them up. At a recent Hawaii Audi meet some JerkSack in a yellow A4 with RS4 badges and cut springs kept speeding around the Kaka'ako parking lot showing off his BOV on a busy Sunday afternoon. Myself and another guy there later politely asked him that he please sell his A4 and buy another HonDuh so he does give us a bad rap.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:20 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 2004
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
i'd have to agree with you.........maybe a year or two ago they were rare but nowadays it seems to be as common as a civic or integra. it also seems like we have the same stereo types in common too........for example its seems like most honda's have tenzo R's or racing harts and the subies seem to have volks...well just my opinion but with that being said i was also in vegas and phoenix recently when i was on leave and i didnt see to many wrx's there
Only seems like that there becoming more common here in Hawaii. When I went to Cali in the summer, I only counted 1 STi and 2 WRXs, and I visited for 3 weeks.

I think the other thing that seperates the Honda / Acura's from Subaru is the rarity and high cost of parts. Example:
Honda Civic - Grade A Carbon Fiber Hood (Hi-Pace $500)
Subaru WRX Carbon Fiber Hood without the Scoop (Hi-Pace $1,100)
That's another factor for now. Hopefully, generic Suby parts don't come available, not that I would buy them.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:24 PM

Generic parts are already out there and have been..
Old 09-01-2004, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
sure has.........any time it says replica_________ <--------fill in the blank its pretty much generic in my mind. if you own any replicas dont worry i'm not hating....if thats what you can afford then thats what you can afford.....even i have my monetary limits

Last edited by 4080wrx; 09-01-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:47 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
we just notice our cars a lot more, greg had proof about subarus being nowhere near the amount of top selling cars.

eventually when the price does go down for the wrx, i think more ricers or punk kids will pick it up, but for now....i don't think its the new civic.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
throughout my one year here at subaru i have only sold 3 wrxs to 18 year olds. and all of them had excellent parents. i wonder how many used ones are owned by a younger generation. but then again age is not exactly a good gauge either. i've known some real jerks (mid20's to mid40's) in mustangs that proved age can be deceiving.(in terms of maturity)

what i am feeling though- is that the exclusivity i once felt because subarus were so rare(and still are... just not as much) is slowly fading away. one positive note (kind of) is that the average price of a wrx (sti included)is roughly around 28 thousand. most youngins i know can't afford that. then they will resort to used ones which in reality i can count all the used ones at our dealerships on my 2 hands. i think what makes it a little more hard is that our island is so compact and isolated- we don't have the luxury of the wide-openess of the mainland where acres sometimes separate neighbors.

*i hope this helps...as i am trying to keep everything somewhat on a positive note*

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea

Last edited by gdogg; 09-01-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:25 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 2004
As far as generic, I meant that there's is not a huge amount out there for WRX as to Hondas. Most of WRX stuff, say about a good 80% are JDM or brand names. That's wat I meant to say.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:27 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
dude i felt that way since 02 when wrx's hit the road
Old 09-01-2004, 04:52 PM

I kind wish I would have kept my 01RS at least you don't see that many of them on the road..

Quick Reply: I feel like the STI/WRX is becoming the...