I-Club Track Day - Important Information Inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
I'll run with ya I ain't that new but my car is about 98% stock...
Old 01-26-2005, 12:21 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
my car isn't slow it's the driver. i've never been out b4 so i will be taking it easy i think. we can't all be crazy like nate.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:41 AM

Car Info: cars
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
you need to drive, i need another person with me in the noob/slow class.
i'll roll with you in the noob class.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:44 AM

There is a difference in being crazy and knowing what you are doing. Car might be fast don't make the driver any good...Maybe if driver skills were better tires would last longer but thats just my $.02. And I don't claim to be better than anybody else just so everybody knows..
Old 01-26-2005, 02:21 AM

nate can i pay you when i see u at the track this friday? i dont have paypal thats why. thanks
Old 01-26-2005, 02:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
yes.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:44 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
It's coming back to life...

be forewarned...
Attached Thumbnails I-Club Track Day - Important Information Inside-vc-installed-small.jpg  
Old 01-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen
It's coming back to life...

be forewarned...

wOOt!
Old 01-26-2005, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
You know what Nate? **** you. I'm sorry I don't have all my time to devote to reading your posts so perfectly. You could have mentioned that is was sponsored my Speed Gear or something. I missed Farid's name in there. My apologies. Jeremiah is right...I said what I said because sometimes some events are organized by idiots, even when they supposedly know what they are doing. I trust Farid when it comes to these events...I've been to a few.

Stop taking **** so personally. I mean seriously. Every time I post with some questioning, I get a snappy reply from you. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone. I was here when this site began and I've watched it grow. If you guys don't like me, tough ****. My feelings won't be hurt one bit. By the way...I'm glad you find it so easy to bash on other I-Club members as being cheap. You know something? Why do you even care about what other queers say? I've learned that the ones that are truly interested will go. **** everyone else.

By the way...I'm not desperate for new friends. I'm a nice guy, but I'm not going to be sad if I don't make any new friends because of this post. I'd love to come out. I'll check my schedule. I'm not challenging you or anyone to anything regarding racing. I've made time for it in the past and I'm not one to miss it. I've been doing it for years...but I won't be a part of it if there are sissies out there who feel the need to talk tough.

I don't dislike you Nate, but give it a break, ok? Don't reply to my post by giving it some snappy overtone like you are God. You want to have a little more power here, talk to Alex, but don't ****ing overstep me. If you want to harbor ill- will towards me, go ahead.
ZING
Old 01-26-2005, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
Originally Posted by Mach5WRX
...and if my supercharger is in/on by then there wont be any STi's near me.

300WHP+2500LB car+ good driver = owned

"...But I'm not competitive"
i guess you'll need me to complete the "good driver" part of the equation, huh??? :P
Old 01-26-2005, 04:38 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
kiernna,

in my humble opinion, EVERY car that is driven competively should have brake ducts if possible. I don't know what pads you're using, but try some Performance Friction 97s, or CarboTech Panther XP+ and report back afterwards. No brakes REQUIRE ducts, but why wouldn't you want to have your brakes run cooler (not to mention not cooking your hub bearings). I've run the long track and short track many times, the long track is much easier on brakes in my opinion. I believe I'm the only one here that has cooked Motul RBF600 (on the short track). Brake ducts solved that.

San
Old 01-26-2005, 05:15 PM

So maybe we all should dump tons of money in our cars and we'll be pro before we know it. It's easy to put on a bunch of parts and be fast that dosen't mean the driver is worth a ****..Your quote confuses me "No he who balances his abilities with mods win. Stock vs. Stock it will always be a drivers race, but when there are large HP, Handling, Tire, and Braking differnces driving ability doesn't matter so much". Some times it seems people put on a bunch of parts to cover for skills they don't have...So Nate take your car and then take mine of course your gonna be out in front of me dosen't mean you are better just means you got more money to spend I'm sure if my car had the parts yours does I'd be out front but it still don't mean anything. People are going to give somebody more respect if they go out there and perform well based on skill not wallet size..
Old 01-26-2005, 05:32 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Geebers...
Old 01-26-2005, 05:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by silver satin
So maybe we all should dump tons of money in our cars and we'll be pro before we know it. It's easy to put on a bunch of parts and be fast that dosen't mean the driver is worth a ****..Your quote confuses me "No he who balances his abilities with mods win. Stock vs. Stock it will always be a drivers race, but when there are large HP, Handling, Tire, and Braking differnces driving ability doesn't matter so much". Some times it seems people put on a bunch of parts to cover for skills they don't have...So Nate take your car and then take mine of course your gonna be out in front of me dosen't mean you are better just means you got more money to spend I'm sure if my car had the parts yours does I'd be out front but it still don't mean anything. People are going to give somebody more respect if they go out there and perform well based on skill not wallet size..
That is exactly what I am saying. Dropping money on your car doesn't make you a good driver. I have spent money on my car, and I am not claiming to be a good driver. Man everyone keeps interpreting what I am saying in the wrong way. Just so everyone is happy, you can all be better drivers than me. I am not in this to be competative. I am in it for fun. San, yes brake ducts are a good idea, but after talking with mike I don't think my car needs them. Anything that makes them run cooler is good, but I won't be making any for my car.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Whoa guys...I think everyone is misinterpreting Nate's posts. Yes he's an ogre...BUT he is one of the people who has always stated that Driver Skill is much more important than the mods that you have on your car. He's also the very one that tells all the auto-x noobs to go ride with the vets like Mike, Joey, Larry and Barry.

So...I think everyone needs to just take it to the track, save the drama for your momma and have a coke & a smile !

Nate IS an ogre though...we can all agree on that

Last edited by bpang1; 01-26-2005 at 05:59 PM.

Quick Reply: I-Club Track Day - Important Information Inside