I-Club Track Day - Important Information Inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 05:07 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Actually

the short course is much harder on the brakes. The long straight and the backside give the brakes a chance to cool. But install brake ducts and you'll be fine.

San
Old 01-25-2005, 05:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
If you bleed your brakes, and have the right pads you will be fine. My set-up requires no brake ducts. I have never yet been able to do the long course, but I know that 5 extra seconds of cooling does not make up for having to stop from 130+.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
What is bleeding your brakes gonna do? unless you have air in them..Some might get a little brake fade on the long course I didn't experience any on both courses with stock set-up so brake fade isn't a issue for me hey what ever you wanna do I like the idea of running both thats all.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally Posted by keirnna
Maybe Joey if you just read BOTH of my posts you would see that Farid is mention in there several times. You sort of know me, or at least we have met. I am the one who is organizing everything. If someone distrusts me they can give me a call or even better yet just don't come to the track. Did I mention that I did say so? I hope to see everyone out there, but if there is going to be all of this FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) I understand why no one wants to organize anything for HIIC.
You know what Nate? **** you. I'm sorry I don't have all my time to devote to reading your posts so perfectly. You could have mentioned that is was sponsored my Speed Gear or something. I missed Farid's name in there. My apologies. Jeremiah is right...I said what I said because sometimes some events are organized by idiots, even when they supposedly know what they are doing. I trust Farid when it comes to these events...I've been to a few.

Stop taking **** so personally. I mean seriously. Every time I post with some questioning, I get a snappy reply from you. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone. I was here when this site began and I've watched it grow. If you guys don't like me, tough ****. My feelings won't be hurt one bit. By the way...I'm glad you find it so easy to bash on other I-Club members as being cheap. You know something? Why do you even care about what other queers say? I've learned that the ones that are truly interested will go. **** everyone else.

By the way...I'm not desperate for new friends. I'm a nice guy, but I'm not going to be sad if I don't make any new friends because of this post. I'd love to come out. I'll check my schedule. I'm not challenging you or anyone to anything regarding racing. I've made time for it in the past and I'm not one to miss it. I've been doing it for years...but I won't be a part of it if there are sissies out there who feel the need to talk tough.

I don't dislike you Nate, but give it a break, ok? Don't reply to my post by giving it some snappy overtone like you are God. You want to have a little more power here, talk to Alex, but don't ****ing overstep me. If you want to harbor ill- will towards me, go ahead.

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 01-25-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Oh yeah, if my car is running right there will be no S2K's anywhere near me.
...and if my supercharger is in/on by then there wont be any STi's near me.

300WHP+2500LB car+ good driver = owned

"...But I'm not competitive"
Old 01-25-2005, 10:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by silver satin
What is bleeding your brakes gonna do? unless you have air in them..Some might get a little brake fade on the long course I didn't experience any on both courses with stock set-up so brake fade isn't a issue for me hey what ever you wanna do I like the idea of running both thats all.
This is why bleeding your brakes is esential:
Brake fluid has both a wet and a dry boiling point. As soon as you use brake fluid it begins to absorb it moisture from the air, this takes it from its very high dry boiling point to its much lower wet (full of water) boiling point. So when the brake fuild is wet it boils easier; therefore causing brake fade at a lower temp that if it were dry (fresh out of the can). That is why you need to bleed your brakes before every track event. If you have good fresh fluid, SS lines, and decent pads your brakes will be solid, just like mine. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Mach5WRX
...and if my supercharger is in/on by then there wont be any STi's near me.

300WHP+2500LB car+ good driver = owned

"...But I'm not competitive"
Dan, the car with the same set-up as mine was dynoed with 409 WHP. If my car was running right I would not be worried about your or Ryan's S2K's. The S2K is a good car, don't get me wrong, but I'll have an 11.5:1 steering rack along with many other mods. I do want to see an S2K on the track though .

Last edited by keirnna; 01-25-2005 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
You know what Nate? **** you. I'm sorry I don't have all my time to devote to reading your posts so perfectly. You could have mentioned that is was sponsored my Speed Gear or something. I missed Farid's name in there. My apologies. Jeremiah is right...I said what I said because sometimes some events are organized by idiots, even when they supposedly know what they are doing. I trust Farid when it comes to these events...I've been to a few.

Stop taking **** so personally. I mean seriously. Every time I post with some questioning, I get a snappy reply from you. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone. I was here when this site began and I've watched it grow. If you guys don't like me, tough ****. My feelings won't be hurt one bit. By the way...I'm glad you find it so easy to bash on other I-Club members as being cheap. You know something? Why do you even care about what other queers say? I've learned that the ones that are truly interested will go. **** everyone else.

By the way...I'm not desperate for new friends. I'm a nice guy, but I'm not going to be sad if I don't make any new friends because of this post. I'd love to come out. I'll check my schedule. I'm not challenging you or anyone to anything regarding racing. I've made time for it in the past and I'm not one to miss it. I've been doing it for years...but I won't be a part of it if there are sissies out there who feel the need to talk tough.

I don't dislike you Nate, but give it a break, ok? Don't reply to my post by giving it some snappy overtone like you are God. You want to have a little more power here, talk to Alex, but don't ****ing overstep me. If you want to harbor ill- will towards me, go ahead.

Joey, I see now that I just mistook your post. I thought you were personally saying that if I was organizing this that you wouldn't come because it would be poorly managed. I don't want more control of the site. I know you are a better driver that I am, you smoke me at Auto X every time, but I out there to learn. I have not missed one Auto X since I found out it existed. All of you guys: Mike, Barry, several I can't think of this second, and you have been helpful in me advancing my skill. I don't mean to come off like I am a god by any means. Congrats on being here since it began, just because you have seniority doesn't make you a god either. I'm on these forums to have fun, and I go to the track to have fun. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'll see you at the test and tune, and I hope to see you at our track day in February.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:31 PM

Car Info: toaster

but I'll have an 11.5:1 steering rack along with many other mods.

so he who has the most toys win?
Old 01-25-2005, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

No he who balances his abilities with mods win. Stock vs. Stock it will always be a drivers race, but when there are large HP, Handling, Tire, and Braking differnces driving ability doesn't matter so much.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:48 PM

No he who balances his abilities with mods win. Stock vs. Stock it will always be a drivers race, but when there are large HP, Handling, Tire, and Braking differnces driving ability doesn't matter so much.

so stock cars its driver skill, but modded cars is just whoever has the most HP is gonna win? can you clarify? thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 10:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kawshon1
so stock cars its driver skill, but modded cars is just whoever has the most HP is gonna win? can you clarify? thanks
Jesus man, you know what I mean. If two cars have equal setup, but one is running faster laps that means that one driver is better, but if there is a HUGE diffence in the abilities of the car then it means that you have more leway in how much skill you need. Let me brake it down further:

Me = new guy, say stiffer springs, grippier tires - less skill needed to keep up with Joey since I have a better set-up

Joey = vet, stock = skill higher so same lap times as less experienced drivers with more mods

Does that make any sence? That is my theory. You obviously aren't new to this, so if you are trying to make a statement just make it.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:01 PM

gotcha now champ thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 11:01 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
i'll make a statement...i'm going to crush you all. hahahaha. j/k
Old 01-25-2005, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Apparently I'm coming now...not driving though.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:09 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by bpang1
Apparently I'm coming now...not driving though.
you need to drive, i need another person with me in the noob/slow class.

Quick Reply: I-Club Track Day - Important Information Inside