Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 01:52 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Why does smoke form rings?

http://www.amasci.com/wing/smring.html
Old 08-20-2003, 09:26 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
I guess then, its the "Friction" that causes my farts to sound. MY GOD THATS LOST ENERGY!

but explain to me how air can be a fluid.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:28 PM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
My co-worker has one of those air-zookas.....she was across the room and "hit" me with it. I just about **** my pants laughing and playing with it. I would hide down the parts ilse with it and tag customers from like 20 ft away. They all would jump.

Good times.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally posted by subaru16valve
You caught me I lied. It was an elaborately conceived hoax targeted at a large group of car entuhusiats to initiate the demise of the greater intelligence by creating "**** out of my ***" facts.

Kind of makes you wonder how all those physicists managed to do all those crazy things like launching a space shuttle or building faster cars (using wind tunnels that, HARK, utilize the physics of air!) with physics theorems they just "pull out of their ***".

Taken slightly out of context it would seem that I am in fact, "pulling this out of my ***". However...

1. Air follows the properties of fluid dynamics, it is not necessarily a liquid itself.
2. Friction is related to energy loss, energy loss occurs in a number of forms including light, heat (both EM waves, related), OR sound. Friction is NOT directly responsible for sound.

But then again I'm only a teenager who would "pull **** out of my ***" just to sound smart to a bunch of people I don't know for absolutely no personal gain other than to sound intelligent to (again) a bunch of people I don't know....

...or maybe I was using time-tested physics to educate.

Just a thought
Wow. You must go to MSU. (Make stuff up).

Listen kid. I know you meant no harm and weren't trying to patronize, but I GOTS my degree. I have absolutely zero need for a 19yr old to teach me a physics lesson(unless it's the physics/physiology of the human body; pressure points and how arm and leg bars work).

You little peckerhead. We chit-chat on here and are most generally lighthearted, but you got to get your feelings hurt. I make little mommy's boys like you cry as a pleasurable part of my job. I'm THE guy who is responsible for 138 men's lives, how much they eat, how many days a week they work or have off, how many times they execute a live fire exercise, how many days of their freedom and how much money I decide they will lose for acting like little babies like you are; with ages ranging from 18 to 40. I may even decide to put them in confinement based on how hard the wind is blowing. I'm the guy who has to write home to their parents to explain why their lives were wasted senselessly in the honorable pursuit of defending their county.

I'm not saying all this crap because of how important I think I am, because I honestly don't. I'm only commenting on how unimportant you are. So back the **** up.

Last edited by gpatmac; 08-20-2003 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:09 AM

Car Info: toaster
Attached Thumbnails I *REALLY* want one of these!-owned_001.jpg