HRP Relocation Timeline, the push for Parcel 9 continues...a flash timeline.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 12:40 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
HRP Relocation Timeline, the push for Parcel 9 continues...a flash timeline.

Hello everyone,

As many of you are aware, the push for a new racing facility at Parcel 9 isn't dead. It's simply been scaled back in size and scope to the original plan that provides for a much larger, and safer duplicate of the operations at Hawaii Raceway Park. There is no longer a push for a world class facility, simply a local track to support local needs.

The entire story is a long and complicated one, one that stretches back all the way to 1990...basically the event that started this entire process.

After pouring through the public documents in an effort to better understand the events unfolding before us, I've come up with this Flash timeline to show the process of the effort to relocate HRP to the Parcel 9 property at Kalaeloa. I've basically highlighted what I believe are the key moments that help to define how this process has occurred and why it has taken the direction it has.

There are specific points on the timeline that will provide a brief description of the event or document occuring on that date. You may view the description by hovering over it, and then clicking it to view the linked document. Each point has an official and public legal document that is the basis for the point in the timeline. I think you'll find it extremely interesting.

It's an extremely informative read, and I highly encourage everyone to take the time to read through each and EVERY point, and document thoroughly, as that's where the real meat of the timeline is.

HRP Relocation Timeline

I took the time to do this, because I feel that the more we understand about where we have come, we can know where we need to go. I believe these documents help support the effort to establish a new racing facility at Parcel 9, and show the huge amount of effort taken to achieve that goal. There are alot of naysayers, but if anything, this shows that there has been a huge amount of dedication to this project, and that this has been a long battle to bring a new racetrack for all of us.

I appreciate your comments, and hope that after a good and thorough read, your understanding of the situation will have improved. Feedback is highly welcome, but I hope that you will read ALL the documents before you provide it.

Thanks,

Michael Kitchens

P.S. I'd appreciate everyone forwading this around, as the more people get this information, the better. Thanks again.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Hey Micheal...I know it may be too late but you probably want to cover up the personal addresses on some of those letters.

I wouldn't want anyone egging MO's home or something like that

BTW this is a great post and great flash thingie!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:19 PM

Welps, they're all public documents...so I don't think it will hurt. I'll take a look through it again.

If anyone has problems with the documents, I tested it out on IE and Mozilla Firefox and it worked fine, so please use either/or.

An HTML version will follow, it's just that the vertical scrollbar was extremely long to get it all to fit and work right. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:29 PM

By the way...maybe I should clear something up as well...

This facility will use NO tax money...it is all being done by private investors. The tax bills are dead, and they're not going to be revived, BUT the project is still moving forward:

the efforts to acquire Parcel 9 at Kalaeloa to create a racing facility dedicated to local needs and local racers are moving forward. Once acquired, the construction of all required racing surfaces and support amenities will be completed as soon as possible, creating a duplication of the existing operations at Hawaii Raceway Park with updated infrastructure, safety and communications systems consistent with industry standards and insurance underwriting requirements. This facility will rely on private investors to fund the project.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:16 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I know it may take a good while, but any movement is better than none. I'm still crossing my fingers for a track on Oahu. Even more so than I want one here on Kauai just because Oahu needs it more.

Mike, I'm sure a lot of people appreciate what you have done, both for the cause and for keeping us all informed on the status of a legal racing venue.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:49 PM

Thanks, man...the only thing we can do is to try and convince DHHL to agree to some type of land escrow or exchange deal...that's it, unfortunately...it's simple and complex all at the same time.

I'll be asking for support her pretty soon in the form of signatures or a petition, so when I do, I'd appreciate the signatures.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:50 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
Michael, this project is of huge proportions. I wish all involved the best of luck and hope the government helps to atleast facilitate this process, so there are viable options besides the C & C of Honolulu streets and roads. We are all behind you on this.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Thumbs up

keep us updated when you need that support

thanks Michael.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:03 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
sweeet...hellz yeahhhhh...someday ahhhhh....
Old 05-17-2006, 02:57 PM

Roger that, thanks guys!