Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
HPD Targets Intoxicated Drivers This Weekend

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9856140/

Be careful out there...
Old 10-28-2005, 07:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Don't drink and drive...if you wanna kill yourself go buy a gun!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
wow why am i not impressed? they should be doing this everyday not on just special occasions.........what i am trying to say is use a cop where they can do the most good i.e. car thieves, drug addicts, drunk driving, speeding........dont waste a good cop by having him right chicken shyte tickets for car mods
Old 10-28-2005, 07:36 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
wow why am i not impressed? they should be doing this everyday not on just special occasions.........what i am trying to say is use a cop where they can do the most good i.e. car thieves, drug addicts, drunk driving, speeding........dont waste a good cop by having him right chicken shyte tickets for car mods
my friend you have much to learn about law enforcement..........most of the time the cars that are tagged for mods are usually the ones that are committing some type of traffic infraction. They do what they can, the ratio of officers to public is something like 2000/2.2 or something like that. They do what they can
Old 10-29-2005, 10:42 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
that .2 officer must be really short.

and what's the special occassion? i need to get outmore
Old 10-30-2005, 12:44 AM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
yeah GENERALLY (speaking as law inforcement), the traffic stop is started because of something else....and becomes a mod ticket too...we feel the heat but thats what happens....
Old 10-30-2005, 01:16 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Originally Posted by namakemono
that .2 officer must be really short.

and what's the special occassion? i need to get outmore
I'm figuring the Halloween weekend...
Old 10-30-2005, 10:55 AM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
I respect cops for the job, duties they perform, and putting their life on the line,..

But at traffic stops, they can pull you over to check sobriety, and then they check your car out and depending on their mood, can give you "bs" tickets for mods,...Then its up to you to prove your "innocence" for stuff like headlight bulbs, exhaust, lowering springs, etc,..Sometimes, they cant even tell if the stuff you have is OEM or not cause its so "different" and looks too good,..

i got pulled over for a loud stereo once,...but it wasnt blasting but because I was heading to work at 7am in the morningand there was no ambient or any surrounding noises (traffic, people etc) as I passed by him with my windows down,...He then said he gave me a choice for noise ordinance (which he cant prove without a db meter), or stuff he examined like dropped springs, exhaust etc which was after the fact...btw, this was on my previous car,..
Old 10-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Originally Posted by abakja1
I respect cops for the job, duties they perform, and putting their life on the line,..

But at traffic stops, they can pull you over to check sobriety, and then they check your car out and depending on their mood, can give you "bs" tickets for mods,...Then its up to you to prove your "innocence" for stuff like headlight bulbs, exhaust, lowering springs, etc,..Sometimes, they cant even tell if the stuff you have is OEM or not cause its so "different" and looks too good,..

i got pulled over for a loud stereo once,...but it wasnt blasting but because I was heading to work at 7am in the morningand there was no ambient or any surrounding noises (traffic, people etc) as I passed by him with my windows down,...He then said he gave me a choice for noise ordinance (which he cant prove without a db meter), or stuff he examined like dropped springs, exhaust etc which was after the fact...btw, this was on my previous car,..

Its just crazy... They should just go to areas of trouble and just let us cruise by...Some of them are @ssh0Ies some of them are cool...I personally just hate cops they are disrespectful,want to take advantage of someone, just because they are a freak'n cop with a gun...If he wasn't a cop they would probably be cool...and this is coming from someone who never had trouble with the law, so its pretty bad, everyone has seen the cops abuse videos etc...that aint right... Just my .02cents...
Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by da tall guy
my friend you have much to learn about law enforcement..........most of the time the cars that are tagged for mods are usually the ones that are committing some type of traffic infraction. They do what they can, the ratio of officers to public is something like 2000/2.2 or something like that. They do what they can
If I have offended you then I apologize (if the shoe fits then wear it), but please look at it from my point of view. In 2002 I was victimized 3 times. First my civic was stolen in front of my apartment, then a few months later I walk in my house just when the thief was going for the rear door (after stealing most of my clothes), and last on christmas eve my civic was broken and attempted to be stolen at Ward cinemas. Not once in any of these instances was the thief caught. Now do I hate cops? Absolutely not...When talking to the officer at the time he told me that the GTA division of HPD was only one person at the time. Whether I believe this I can't say, but what I can say is the mount of cars stolen on this island speaks for itself. Can you catch every thief? Of course not that would be impossible, but where my civic was recovered from the first time it was stolen the lady that owns the house where my car was found told me that this is a normal occurence for stolen vehicles to be abandoned in front of her house. Come on now can we put 2 and 2 together? HPD has shown me nothing but double standards ie. mods on their personal cars with no RECON. Tint on their rides that is comparable to just spray painting their windows black. Oh and the one last thing that really urks the shyte out of me is the fact that the city cannot pay its officers enough money, that these officers are forced to take on an additional jobs guarding a road construction area for extra money. Again wasting good resources when theses officers should be more gainfully employed. Sorry to rant but I hope you understand now why I feel this way.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:40 PM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
Oh and the one last thing that really urks the shyte out of me is the fact that the city cannot pay its officers enough money, that these officers are forced to take on an additional jobs guarding a road construction area for extra money.
Or they leave to make more money somewhere else like I dont know somewhere like Seattle maybe .

You guys crack me up. All Rich was doing (I assume) is just telling everyone to be more responsible this weekend. Watch out for roadblocks and be careful because there will be a lot of drunks out there. (Hence the emphasis).

Maybe Greg should put up a sticky for cop stories (bashing or praising). Sadly most of the times when someone deals with an officer it is because something bad happened, either they were victimized, accused of victimizing someone, or pulled over. So people associate police with these dealings.

Just my $.02 Cops are always gonna pull people over, and people are always gonna hate them for it.

So just becareful this weekend.