How many of you have a wrapped Downpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 05:10 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by jgrif91
I appreciate a lot guys. I wasn't expecting any power gains, wasn't even going to get my hopes up for that, just wanted to reduce SOME heat in the engine bay because I am running a TMIC. Figured any little bit will help out a lot.

Gancherov- did you use all 50' to wrap it? 15' should have been plenty.
It took closer to 25-30 feet. I think I managed to wrap the whole downpipe and one of the smaller manifold parts with the same 50' roll. It took me almost 2 full rolls to do the whole exhaust system. I'm also currently running a turbo blanket. I guess if you plan to install it once and not work on it, it's effective at what it does.

My car is a project so I end up taking the parts off regularly, otherwise I probably wouldn't have found out that the wrap was disintegrating. Also, I feel like the fibers coming off the DEI Titanium wrap make me itchy when I touch it. This was a real issue with the old fiberglass wraps, but I'm not 100% sure it's still a problem with the new stuff, I might be imagining it.

I guess on the islands the cost of Swaintech might be pretty nuts, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing that works as well and stays on the pipe with fewer issues than their white lightning coating.