How many of you believe...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 02:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
How many of you believe...

...That you've got ADD/ADHD, and why?

I do. I've even been diagnosed and take something for it.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:49 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
not yet but I could develop it! hehehe
Old 01-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Me.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:42 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Obsessive compulsive though maybe
Old 01-04-2004, 04:07 PM

Car Info: AWD/FWD/RWD
take a TEST

I think I am because my mind tends to wander a lot when I should pay attention. But according to the test I don't show signs of ADD. Maybe I just don't care about what people have to say so I daydream.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
I think I may have hen I was younger. Now it has just developed into occasional mild depression... or maybe I have always had both and grew out of one.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Me.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:38 PM
VIP Member

Hey Richard, do you think you do?

Yeah, I even went to the pscho doc and took their tests. They had me sit down at a computer and answer about 500 questions (similar to the SF psych test) where many were the same but worded differently.

The irony is that forcing myself to sit still and focus on something (like 500 frikkin questions) is almost the most uncomfortable thing in the world for me.

Anyhow, they've started me on Concerta. Don't really feel the effects yet. Maybe it's because of all of the Espresso I drink.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:39 PM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
Re: How many of you believe...

Originally posted by gpatmac
...That you've got ADD/ADHD, and why?

i think i may have it, and lemme tell you why...i may have ADD because...o man, there's an ant on my table...it's a little red one...i wonder how ants can be so strong, when their bodies are so small..weird...their brain must also be really small...i mean mother nature is remarkable to make something so small be able to go about each day doing it's little ant duties...and mother nature also brought mega rain this past week...so many potholes now...at least the grass is green now...lucky i cut it before the storm hit...oh crap, i shoulda put some fertilizer down before the rains came...and speaking of fertilizer, i still have a bag of fertilizer that says "eagle home and garden" on it...must be old since "Lowes" bought out eagle a few years ago...must be all clumped together and no good anymore...or probably it's dust now...oh and dust..i have dust on my computer...i need to go and dust it...you know what works good on dust??? the small california dusters...i have a big one for my car and a small one for in the house...works awesome on dust...i wonder if the air purifier things that's on the sharper image infomercials work??? they look like they do, but i dont wanna drop some bills on a piece of crap that wont work as advertised...dust, i need to get rid of it...and there's dust on my computer...oh man, there's an ant on my table...a little red one...now it's by my keyboard...oh, i'm typing stuff replying to a message...oh, and so yeah, come to think of it, i really dont think i have any form of ADD/ADHD...

just messing with you pat...it's great that you actually took the time and initiative to get yourself tested, as well as seek treatment for it...most people are very reluctant to seek treatment due to the social stigma of it...and to come out on a open forum, even took more courage...good for you!
Old 01-04-2004, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally posted by markpaco
take a TEST

I think I am because my mind tends to wander a lot when I should pay attention. But according to the test I don't show signs of ADD. Maybe I just don't care about what people have to say so I daydream.
according to the test i also show no signs, but i know what u mean about not caring what people have to say.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:17 PM
VIP Member

Re: Re: How many of you believe...

Originally posted by poser
just messing with you pat...it's great that you actually took the time and initiative to get yourself tested, as well as seek treatment for it...most people are very reluctant to seek treatment due to the social stigma of it...and to come out on a open forum, even took more courage...good for you!
Ha ha ha.

Nah, my first inclination was to wonder if this was like some sort of skeleton or secret. I think if someone has ADD, they should probably consider theirself lucky. There are so many other things I'm thankful I don't have. On the other hand, even though you can read about it, to me I'm still very curious about it. Was wondering what some others' thoughts might be.

Anyhow, just so everyone knows, this is why when you talk to me, it's hard for me to keep eye contact. There's just to many other things that catch my attention. Actually I'm listening to every word you say, it's just that I'm trying to process every sensory stimulation that my eyes and ears are picking up on.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:46 PM

Car Info: 02 RS
"The responses you have provided indicate that your symptoms may be consistent with Adult ADD"

i think i might have a slight problem..
Old 01-04-2004, 11:01 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Im just overly obsessive compulsive. I could words and letters in everything I see. When driving down the highway I will slow so I can count how many words are in the signs "before driving under them", thats the key. I panic if I cant count them before I drive under or past them. I also have an ongoing argument in my head as to how many words are in a sign like this:

Speed Limit 75 M.P.H.

Are there only 3 or 4 or 6?

3 - Speed, Limit, 75 M.P.H.
4 - Speed, Limit, 75, M.P.H.
6 - Speed, Limit, 75, Miles, Per, Hour

I go through this argument daily and its tiring. Also if I have captions turned on on the tv I have to count all the words in a sentence before it goes away or I freak. I actually stress watching tv and movies since I am worried I wont be able to count all the words.

Its a disease or whatever, I cant help it. I am going to go to a doc and see about Paxil or something that can help with it since it does effect me a lot.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:10 PM
VIP Member

You know, I'm curious too if bad memory is a part of ADD. I can't remember ****.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:49 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
i took the test and it said i have ADD.
that might explain a lot.
but i dont' feel like typing right now.

Quick Reply: How many of you believe...