How Many Evo's on Oahu???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:54 AM

Car Info: 05 STi WR Blue - K&N Typhoon - Helix Downpipe - HKS Carbon Ti - Cobb Accessport
How Many Evo's on Oahu???

I seriously have never been to a place with so many Subaru's haha.. I easily see about 3 STi's every day. Now I know this is a small island but still there are a lot of people cruising in WRX's/STi's..

On the flip side it seems like Evo's are pretty rare out here.. not so much rare but I don't see half as many Evo's as I do STi's.. my roommate has a white 05 unmodded Evo but other than that I rarely see any around unless I go into town.. and even then its rare..

Just wondering if I'm not looking hard enough or are there just not more than 30-50 or so on the island?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:37 AM

Car Info: car
i normally dont see too much of them either, is it cuz of the limited production or somthing??? its not thaat rare tho, i see more now than before.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
i think personally its because you can get a subaru (wrx or sti) a lot cheaper than you can an evo (considering mitsubishi of hawaii's mark up) but then again the subaru dealers are starting to lean towards that. on top of that i think its about where you are at. for example i'm here in georgia right now and all i see here are str4's every. where i have only seen one wrx, no sti's, and one evo.

oh yeah I think the best reason for wrx's being popular are the filipino crowd is starting to lean more towrds subys now and phasing out of hondas.....i dont know there is something about filipinos that we like to stereo type ourselves (and yes I am filipino and I owned my first wrx before this suby thing took off)

just my 2 cents
Old 10-10-2005, 12:31 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
i have 4 friends with evos...and one of them has an sti also..hehe
Old 10-10-2005, 12:54 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
i see a few of the same ones all the time.

there's this yellow one that a chick drives. there's this blue one, this older filipino dude drives. there's another blue one that this kid drives. there's like 3 black ones that these military folk drives.

and those are just ones that i've met.

i've seen more going into LCC and stuff and just cruising home.

honestly? for me? the only times i see a wrx or STi is when i see the good 'ol iclub peeps come by my shop. lol.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:29 PM

i think that yellow one lives in salt lake. i used to see it parked on the street all the time, and yea, a girl drives it. i see a blue one with a filipino dude driving at hcc area, or dillingham area alot.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:33 PM

Car Info: Evo G-Car RRS 600RR YZ125 TRX450r
i think theres too many
Old 10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by theoverachiever
i think theres too many
I agree 3 years ago I had a rare car on the streets.....fast forward to the present and I now own something as popular as the civic and integra in the 90's............
Old 10-10-2005, 03:24 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
anybody know if that chick in the yellow evo cute at all? i've seen the bf i think. he's pretty ugly.

= D
Old 10-10-2005, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 05 STi WR Blue - K&N Typhoon - Helix Downpipe - HKS Carbon Ti - Cobb Accessport
lol tryin to **** some Evo chicks huh?

I see a local girl driving a Red Evo sometimes.. its definitely modded.. I wanna say she must stay somewhere up by Tripler but not on Tripler itself.. oh and theres another local girl who drives a debadged gray Evo..
Old 10-10-2005, 08:14 PM

saw a girl driving a white evo, kinda suprised, it had alot of carbon fiber, some how she drove with suppper high heels lol this was at kmart waikele today..
Old 10-10-2005, 09:30 PM

Car Info: kitanai kuroi kuruma
There are about 3 to 4 of em every time I go down to the track. I see a few driving around the Mililani area. I really do believe it's the ridiculous mark up that Mitsu Hawaii does that is limiting the number of evo's in the islands. I was seriously considering getting an evo but found out that people were paying 38 g's OTD. Then an opportunity came up to pick up the STi at a good price and I couldn't refuse the deal. I'm happy with my decision to get the STi. I don't think you could go wrong getting either car IMO.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:34 PM

Car Info: dirt
girl driving black evo with dealer tags is hot
Old 10-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
EVOz rOCk yO!!1!1!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by ReleaseDaKraken
I really do believe it's the ridiculous mark up that Mitsu Hawaii does that is limiting the number of evo's in the islands. I was seriously considering getting an evo but found out that people were paying 38 g's OTD. Then an opportunity came up to pick up the STi at a good price and I couldn't refuse the deal. I'm happy with my decision to get the STi. I don't think you could go wrong getting either car IMO.
Couldn't agree with you more on the good decision to go with the STi.. this car seems to make driving more fun than ever before.. overall quality is unmatchable for 34,000 OTD..

So, I was at Vakamon today getting a downpipe put on and just shootin the ****.. and word is the IX wont be on island until sometime next year.. I heard that they still need to sell all the VIII's and that there is another shipment of VIII's comming in later this year.. I think Mitsu of Hawaii is realizing that 38,000 for an Evo VIII is rediculous.. I would rather just buy one on the mainland and pay the money to have it shipped to Oahu.. my boy didn't get screwed too bad at Mitsu.. 5,000 down, 28,000 loan, and a junker 93 Accord for a 05 Evo VIII.. I think he actually made out..

2 Great cars, just more partial to the STi.. but they are both at the top of the food chain

Quick Reply: How Many Evo's on Oahu???