HIIC V3 T-Shirt Thread (iNfEk V2)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
That's the problem when such a diverse

bunch of people trying to come to a consensus...Good ideas suddenly become a focus of attack, ridicule, whatever you want to call it...

I remember earlier about a sticker topic (put I-club sticker on a standardized location so all you had to do was look on someones windshield to see if they were I-Club)...man, I dropped that idea real quick with the responses people gave...

There will always be those that are not going to agree or like what you are doing...all you can do is go with the majority...if 95/100 say yes and 5/100 say no...too bad for the 5%...live with it or don't conform...the choice is up to the individual...

I for one would like to see a more subdued I-club design, more plain I guess...but until I decide to post a design, I won't be saying much...but I will not go and say a design is ugly or anything derogatory...if I don't like something...I won't get it plain and simple...no sense getting all nuts over something you can't control...
Old 07-25-2005, 03:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
DAMNIT...make the shirt!

I told you I'm buying 5 shirts...hurry up!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:50 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
while it is Jon's choice to make this design or not- and i'm sure that the majority of us appreciate his efforts....

Jon, you will never have a project without opinions about it- you do not have to listen to the negative comments... but hey thats your choice. hopefully the scratch and sniff comments were taken lightly as i enjoy members taking the drivers seat when it comes to projects (a.k.a. u, blake etc.)

whether a shirt with jon's, justin, dave design comes out... i'm sure that we will get one out soon......... someone with great leadership skills *COUGH*blake*COUGH* should make this happen.

jon- we all love you bro. if at the least make one for yourself- and make your vision a reality..... whether everyone agrees with your design or not... i'm sure it'd still be on their back

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 07-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Holy $hit Jon...you really should see an anger management counsellor or something...for cripes' sake....RELAX!!!!

We all appreciate your efforts...some people won't like it and some people will. You, unfortunately, have to take the brunt of the criticism because it's your design. I wish I had your skills as an artist as well as your computer skills...but I don't. The design for Dan's shirt was mine. It sucked and I knew it...but we did it on such short notice and what we had to go with. You don't see me getting all pissy about it...

I'm not attacking you and I do NOT want you to take it as such (if you do, you have thinner skin than I thought you did). You wanted opinions, and you got them. The problem with making a design for a large group, if there are not a few key decision makers that say yay or nay, is that you get feedback from everyone....and it's obvious about everyone. The other part to that (not having a few decision makers, not just you) is that as someone who took it upon themselves to do it, is that you as an artist (who is designing for a group) has to make some artistic considerations for the rest of the group.

Basically it comes down to what IslandStyle said: if there is a majority consensus, then too bad for the minority. I'd buy it just to have one. When it comes down to any shirt design, there are a couple ways to go about it.

1) Someone is picked as a designer, gets feedback and submits designs. The decision can be made either by a poll or a few people who are designated to pick the design.

2) Same as above, but instead of one person, those that want to submit a design do so as well. The winning design is decided by the same manner as said above.

3) Someone designs it and takes orders.

We all as a group have to decide who designs and who chooses. If it's not done in the right fashion (no, not fashion as in clothes fashion), then this kind of stuff will come up again.

Once again, Jon....I'm not attacking you or your designs. I' just adding my $0.02 to this.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
no problem guys i don't take it as attaching (again for those that have posted)

I have been getting some comments...etc. off the board and people contacting me via pm...etc.

those that don't have the guts to do it on the board. I have deleted the PM's etc and am still deciding to go on with the current design.

I may on a seperate note... may need to take some anger management courses... LOL

I'll see what I can come up with or just do this one for me and a few people that want it (I haven't decided yet).

If I'm able to come up with something more "Generic" then I'll post it

Jon
Old 07-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Staff Member

Thanks for being understanding, Jon.

I know of a good therapist that can help you...j/k
Old 07-25-2005, 10:25 PM

Car Info: 02 GGA
^^^ she doesnt happen to work @ happy hands body shampoo does she??? j/k
Old 07-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Staff Member

Originally Posted by push2
^^^ she doesnt happen to work @ happy hands body shampoo does she??? j/k
I don't think so...I don't frequent those types of establishments...
Old 07-26-2005, 02:01 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
wen the masterpiece is done jon, ill take two. thanks for going through with it man. i like the design...and for those who dont, come down to studio 4 mon-wed-fri 8-10 (bring your combat kimono) and we can roll a little while...nah j/p.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:57 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
^^^ Judo Dale?

Yeah, Jon needs a "happy ending."
Old 07-26-2005, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by luktang
^^^ Judo Dale?

Yeah, Jon needs a "happy ending."
nah jiu jitsu. and if u like, we go stand up too (muay thai). yea, lets make this a story book ending for jon.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
lol... you guys are funny!

we'll see if I can notate this in my daily dairy

Jon
Old 07-27-2005, 03:04 PM

eye hab *** to eebenge di det ub my pilipino bruder...bote por hees desine in di ahdar tred

translation for the non understanding of the filipino accent;

i have come to avenge the death of my filipino brother, vote for his design in the other thread...
Old 07-27-2005, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Sorry to hi-jack. Dale, know any good muay thai school?? Interested to learn a skill or two... I'm a rookie tho... nothing too advance.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:13 PM

^^^u got pm...

Quick Reply: HIIC V3 T-Shirt Thread (iNfEk V2)