HIIC member in Modified magazine Ad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 09:52 PM

Car Info: WRX
HIIC member in Modified magazine Ad!!!

This is YamazakiSubaru (Alexis). I was going through the most recent Modified magazine and spotted his car. I thought it was pretty cool. Congrats man.
Attached Thumbnails HIIC member in Modified magazine Ad!!!-alexis1.jpg  

Last edited by aznsensation18; 12-05-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:34 AM

Car Info: subaru
Thanks. The funny thing is, I didn't even know about it until I was shown the page. I didn't think they were serious when they said they might use pics of my car. Too bad the car isn't in such good shape anymore (since I hit my Miata with it, and I haven't cleaned it in forever)... . At least it runs better now that I have the stock BOV back in (I'm starting to seriously question the purpose of an atmospheric BOV).
Old 12-06-2005, 12:38 AM

Actually, since I'm here, I have a question. I was about to order an FPGreen when I saw the option for internal wastegate and external wastegate. I did a search and got some information on what a wastegate does, but it didn't tell me what I needed or why. Could somebody clear this up for me? Thanks.
-Alexis
Old 12-06-2005, 01:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
hey Alexis i strongly recommend that you post a new thread about this in the Hawai'i, after market turbo, and Sti EJ25 powerplant forums...and you should definately get some sort of answer to guide/give you an idea....ASAP...

hurry up...

btw...brandon(1tyme,and among others)...should have some info about this...

Last edited by de pilipino guy; 12-06-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:57 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
just wondering how much did the lambo doors cost ?..hehe
Old 12-06-2005, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by hayn_wrx
just wondering how much did the lambo doors cost ?..hehe
The Diablo system was $1000 for parts, $1500 for installation. And I had to leave my car there for a week. But if you know how to do welding, you can do it yourself and save $1.5K.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:06 AM

Car Info: dirt
wow
Old 12-07-2005, 01:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
external wastegate

Back in my Honda days, I knew had two friends who turboed their gsr. Both went with the external wastegate. Due to the fact that you can adjust i think is the amount of boost by just turning the a bolt or **** with a wrench. Even all the hypersports boosted hondas went external. Not quite sure about suby's but pretty sure operations should perform the same.
Originally Posted by YamazakiSubaru
Actually, since I'm here, I have a question. I was about to order an FPGreen when I saw the option for internal wastegate and external wastegate. I did a search and got some information on what a wastegate does, but it didn't tell me what I needed or why. Could somebody clear this up for me? Thanks.
-Alexis
Old 12-07-2005, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by dub81
Back in my Honda days, I knew had two friends who turboed their gsr. Both went with the external wastegate. Due to the fact that you can adjust i think is the amount of boost by just turning the a bolt or **** with a wrench. Even all the hypersports boosted hondas went external. Not quite sure about suby's but pretty sure operations should perform the same.
Yeah, a friend back home told me that I want an external wastegate for the power that I'm looking to make. He said a lot of things that I didn't fully understand, but I think the gist of it was that external will hold more power. So I'm ordering the FPGreen w/external wastegate. My ultimate goal is to go 200 mph in the Subie (and before I get flamed for saying that, let me say that I intend to do it safely and legally so I can publically list it as an accomplishment), and I'm going to need all the power I can get.

Last edited by YamazakiSubaru; 12-07-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:15 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
Currently in VA and freezin may azz off but her is some good info for ya alexi.

An external wastedgate does not nessesarily (sp???) holds more boost, but works better with higher boost.

Le'me explain.

An internal gate will hold boost of any psi, but its how well it does it. The internal wastegate flapper creeps open as the psi goes up. The driver see's the psi that he wanted, but he's scratching his head why the psi feels "slow".

Enter the external...
It stays relatively shut untill the desired psi of boost is reached. Typically, external wastegates have a much more of a "wham" effect on the boost. Same psi as the internal, but alot more responsive.

Which then equates to more POWER!!!

Mario
Old 12-09-2005, 10:03 AM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
mario, way to leave without sayin nothin.....wtf bro? how long you in va for?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 PM

Sorry man i was suppose to go to the meat (LOL) but i ended up gettin wasted out of my mind w/ this cool girl i know.

It hurt pretty bad to leave home as it was man. i've been in hawaii 6 YEARS. but won't be comin back anytime soon. I'm here for about 2 years but will probally really be in VA for about 1/2 that since i will be in cuba and europe soon and then from there going to Cali. Well i will say PEACE bro it was nice knowin you and all.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:33 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Originally Posted by mario
Sorry man i was suppose to go to the meat (LOL) but i ended up gettin wasted out of my mind w/ this cool girl i know.

It hurt pretty bad to leave home as it was man. i've been in hawaii 6 YEARS. but won't be comin back anytime soon. I'm here for about 2 years but will probally really be in VA for about 1/2 that since i will be in cuba and europe soon and then from there going to Cali. Well i will say PEACE bro it was nice knowin you and all.
Damn bro, so you're not in Hawaii anymore, huh.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:03 PM

Nope i'm freezin my azz of in VA. And all i have is the stuff that i wore in Hawaii. LOL

But i'll always be here on i-club feels just like home here.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by mario

you playboy....

Quick Reply: HIIC member in Modified magazine Ad!!!