View Poll Results: Let's decide the date! Please pick one...
Saturday, July 12
40.00%
Sunday, July 13
50.00%
Saturday, Julyt 19
0%
Sunday, July 20
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

HIIC Hike Club - Part 4 - Maunawili Falls Trail

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:10 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by 808subaru
Keep in mind on the hike, if you have open cuts as you may already know, leptospirosis attacks open cuts on the body. Please stay out of the water and keep these places on your body covered. I speak from experience on this.

Unpimped, you must be erica's other half? In all of your posts you seem to speak for or to her. Keep in mind, WE do not know you. But Erica knows most of us. So she knows our humor, so to speak. Don't get all butthurt, since you don't know any of us personally. I can speak of this because i think i have met and know most of the peeps on here, and a select few of us are great friends who have each others backs. Don't expect people to get all cozy with you if you have never come out to meet anyone.
you hot sexy waffle cake!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
WOW i missed out on all the fun....*cry* oh well i'm always late to the party. but seriously folks, this is not the place to act like children, save that for the beer club. i want to see everyone kiss and make-up right now (while i take pictures, hott sexy pictures). i think what we should take away from this is that to anyone reading these forums you should never, ever....ever ever ever ever ever take what anyone says here seriously or as an insult (unless it's me telling you to **** off). ok so back to the hike.....who's coming to watch my fat *** hike up another hill and nearly die? c'mon you know u want to. and yes jon i will try to find a bikini that fits me but just for you.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by 04sleeper
WOW i missed out on all the fun....*cry* oh well i'm always late to the party. but seriously folks, this is not the place to act like children, save that for the beer club. i want to see everyone kiss and make-up right now (while i take pictures, hott sexy pictures). i think what we should take away from this is that to anyone reading these forums you should never, ever....ever ever ever ever ever take what anyone says here seriously or as an insult (unless it's me telling you to **** off). ok so back to the hike.....who's coming to watch my fat *** hike up another hill and nearly die? c'mon you know u want to. and yes jon i will try to find a bikini that fits me but just for you.
alright!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
i bet i look hott in a two piece with hiking boots
Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
hmmm, i was at work the whole day and came back to this...glad everyone came to a mutual understanding.

so, we still have to decide on the date. if you haven't voted yet, pls do so we can start planning.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:13 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by alienbreed69
this is my home hiking spot and to start from the pali imo is a baaaaad idea if your serious about going hiking here we should start in maunawili right at the begining of the trail!! im waaaay down to join some i clubbers on this hike! ill bring my kids too they love this spot!!......as far as bacteria in the water you wont find any water source anywhere that doesnt have some level of lepto in it and i do mean ANYWHERE!! just dont get it in your mouth or swallow it uhhuhuhhh i said swallow!! hahahaha but it is a pretty safe hike although it will definately be wet and muddy!! where we would park is in a neighborhood area so a little safer than parking on the pali... and you dont have to traverse down anything just straight shot up and down to the pool ill even show a few of those who are interested some secret spots beyond the waterfall if your interested there is ALOT of space to explore back there i even have permission to hit up some private property back in the valley (one of the castle kids is one of my best friends) oh and bring cameras because beyond the waterfall there is alot of flora to photograph!! i mean ALOT!!!!! killer shampoo ginger and native plants!! pssibly some wild pigs and birds as well cant wait to hear the date lets do this!!! and as far as lunch afterwards id like to turn you guys on to some killer pho or vietnamese food at siagon noodle house in enchanted lakes... oh and i was serious about starting from the pali...........baaaaaad mistake imo i can show you guys the real way to do this hike if your interested!!! easy and fun!!! ive been waiting for you guys to want to hike the windward side here and the pill boxes in lanikai are two spots i hit up at least once a week i know the trails as good as anyone and truly enjoy both spots lets do em!! shoots
Warren
hey warren,

i know parking will be an issue on both ends, especially on weekends. and i know that the pali trailhead is limited in parking (thus we are starting early)but other than that, at least let me know why the pali side is bad? we have done this hike a couple of times with my kids from this starting point and never had problems. the hike was pretty novice and flat, but very open and scenic, and you end up in the same place...a little longer than the maunawili side, but other than that, i don't see any issues...

BUT, at the same time, i haven't seen it on the other end, so since you are from that side and know this area very well, i am interested to see it from the lower end of the trail...you are being designated as the official guide to this hike!

could you pls post some directions on how to get to the maunawili subdivision and where to park? thanks.

Originally Posted by 04sleeper
ok so back to the hike.....who's coming to watch my fat *** hike up another hill and nearly die? c'mon you know u want to. and yes jon i will try to find a bikini that fits me but just for you.
lol! right on, justin!

Last edited by kolohe_04sti; 07-01-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:59 AM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
hey warren,

i know parking will be an issue on both ends, especially on weekends. and i know that the pali trailhead is limited in parking (thus we are starting early)but other than that, at least let me know why the pali side is bad? we have done this hike a couple of times with my kids from this starting point and never had problems. the hike was pretty novice and flat, but very open and scenic, and you end up in the same place...a little longer than the maunawili side, but other than that, i don't see any issues...

just recently actually there must be a bad batch going around kailua kaneohe the flippin chronics have been bangin the hikers cars on that side just that reason mostly and also from the maunawili side its like shaggy said about a half hour shorter although the part im talking about is past "the yard" hahaha lets get the date set in stone and if your all willing to meet up at somewhere like castle junction(the top of 13 corners weeeeeeee!!(the first stoplight going to kaneohe at the bottom of the pali,) or alans bridge ( the light right after kapaa quarry road heading into maunawili or luana hills golf club) and roll in together we can park right by the trail its safer i feel over there now because of the construction going on theres always cops over there now days!! this hike will be fun!!! the only reason i think it would be good to meet up is that im too retarded to give that detailed of directions hahaha and it would just be MUCH easier to show you lets do it~~

Last edited by alienbreed69; 07-02-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 AM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX Wagon & SGM 2.5i wagon
He is actually my internship director (kinda like my boss), but yeah we spend enough time with each other to act like we are ball & chain.

I do not think anyone was bum hurt, it was just kinda ridiculous.

Anyways, hope it is all fun!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by alienbreed69
just recently actually there must be a bad batch going around kailua kaneohe the flippin chronics have been bangin the hikers cars on that side just that reason mostly and also from the maunawili side its like shaggy said about a half hour shorter although the part im talking about is past "the yard" hahaha lets get the date set in stone and if your all willing to meet up at somewhere like castle junction(the top of 13 corners weeeeeeee!!(the first stoplight going to kaneohe at the bottom of the pali,) or alans bridge ( the light right after kapaa quarry road heading into maunawili or luana hills golf club) and roll in together we can park right by the trail its safer i feel over there now because of the construction going on theres always cops over there now days!! this hike will be fun!!! the only reason i think it would be good to meet up is that im too retarded to give that detailed of directions hahaha and it would just be MUCH easier to show you lets do it~~
ok, that makes more sense now...although we normally don't roll with our suby's...and we carpool to save us the headache of looking for a parking spot. we will definitely meet up with you but for the rest of us coming from the wesside and town, we are still meeting at the Pali Longs Drugs parking lot.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:26 AM

^^ wow lucky you i only have a suby....as my truck is super stupid right now so ill be rollin mine.....13 corners anyone??? hahaha the two spots ive mentioned are perfect to meet up at so keep me posted........even if you guys want to hit up your side of the hike ill meet up at the trail somewhere ill come at you like a gorilla in the mist......bwahahahahahaha im gonna rock your world!!! bwahahahahah id be the guy covered with tattoos rollin with the crazy monkey boys!! 3 and 7 and theyll probably be swinging through the trees up down up down in their bbds! hahahah oh my god i need sleep!! keep me posted though!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:51 AM

I voted Sunday the 13th since Justin will most likely be able to come and I've got an orchid show to attend on Saturday
Old 07-03-2008, 12:53 PM

^^^ oh and you just cant wait to see justin in a two piece with hiking boots hahahahahahahahaah
Old 07-03-2008, 12:55 PM

damn right... i'll be in my thong with peek-a-boo top
Old 07-03-2008, 01:21 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
^^Oh, 2 man-sickles to oggle. Hmm, I may have to show up for this.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by iNfEk
damn right... i'll be in my thong with peek-a-boo top
hahahahaha oh my god that made my day what a visual!!!

Quick Reply: HIIC Hike Club - Part 4 - Maunawili Falls Trail