HIIC Hike Club Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 01:25 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
is anyone interested in starting this an hour earlier? 730am start time (actual hiking)
for me and my wife it's a no since that would mean we'd have to have the babysitter earlier
Old 06-03-2008, 01:27 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
I guess market city is better Ted. That lot is usually busy, but it should be too bad that early.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
Market City is probably the best place, the lower side with Grace's Inn, the parking lot is pretty big and can accomodate us.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
I know where that is!! Elway showed me where that place was. Was going to use the area as a rest point for our pas AUW cruise. Which reminds me, its coming up in a couple months.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:25 PM

so does that mean walter is coming out?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by iNfEk
so does that mean walter is coming out?
Might show and vanish into the mist!! or fall of the cliff and the earth shall swallow me whole..
Old 06-04-2008, 01:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
same here. I'd never been to this area. Wife and I plan on going. what things should I be getting? I don't have hiking shoes only older cross training shoes. long sleeve shirt? shorts? I'll be bring my camera gear so that'll be heavy and the wife will have our pack of ****. water is a must... I have no clue as to what to expect on this but going for the experience really. we'll most likely have the wifes car since I'm paranoid...

how long will this hike be?
sorry, jon if i missed this post. i would recommend hiking shoes if you have one, just because they are built more for the terrain that we are going into. it could get slipperry in some areas specially when it rains. short or long sleeves shirt will do but bring an extra shirt just in case. shorts or jogging pants is appropriate. bring enough water (camelbacks are a blessing) and light snacks (not mcd's big mac! ). pack light but if you have to bring your camera, pls make sure that it is protected from the elements, including straps to make sure that it does not fall off as this hike will require some 4-point contacts. other than that, enjoy nature and have a fun and relaxing hike!
this hike should take us no more than 3 hours, but then again it depends on how many nature stops and photoshoots we will be doing.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:03 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub81
Might show and vanish into the mist!! or fall of the cliff and the earth shall swallow me whole..

hmmm, sounds familiar...
Old 06-04-2008, 01:05 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 04silverWRXSTI
Market City is probably the best place, the lower side with Grace's Inn, the parking lot is pretty big and can accomodate us.
ok, so market city it is! dom, could you pls post directions for everyone?...
Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by kolohe_04sti
sorry, jon if i missed this post. i would recommend hiking shoes if you have one, just because they are built more for the terrain that we are going into. it could get slipperry in some areas specially when it rains. short or long sleeves shirt will do but bring an extra shirt just in case. shorts or jogging pants is appropriate. bring enough water (camelbacks are a blessing) and light snacks (not mcd's big mac! ). pack light but if you have to bring your camera, pls make sure that it is protected from the elements, including straps to make sure that it does not fall off as this hike will require some 4-point contacts. other than that, enjoy nature and have a fun and relaxing hike!
this hike should take us no more than 3 hours, but then again it depends on how many nature stops and photoshoots we will be doing.
honestly no hiking shoes here... since i'm not entirely sure that I'll be getting more into this type of thing I would rather not spend money. I'll try to dig up some cross trainers that have more aggressive tread but you are probably right regarding the shoes. My camera bad does have a built in rain coat so it's safe from the elements... It's got supporting straps that keep it connected to the person wearing it. we'll probably be bringing a backpack with two bottles of water and some extra shirts and possibly shorts
Old 06-04-2008, 01:11 AM

well I hope that patrick can come out then. It's another opportunity to take awesome photos.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

honestly no hiking shoes here... since i'm not entirely sure that I'll be getting more into this type of thing I would rather not spend money. I'll try to dig up some cross trainers that have more aggressive tread but you are probably right regarding the shoes. My camera bad does have a built in rain coat so it's safe from the elements... It's got supporting straps that keep it connected to the person wearing it. we'll probably be bringing a backpack with two bottles of water and some extra shirts and possibly shorts
well, i'll place a bet that it will be a positive experience for you guys. cross training shoes are fine and we will be taking it easy anyway, so don't worry, it's not like we are going autocross or something...
Old 06-04-2008, 01:18 AM
VIP Member

ok, so market city it is! dom, could you pls post directions for everyone?...
Ill be glad to post some directions since Im a common Kaimuki slacky..

Townbound:

-H1 town bound
-take the King St. cutoff( cutoff right after the Manoa loop cutoff)
-stay on your far right lane after taking the cutoff
-while your on the far right lane after cutoff, there will be another far right lane which you cant get onto because of the solid median line.
-(when you get on the farthest right lane)while your on the far right lane, the lane will make a right at the corner of the Chevron Gas station
-After you take the right, quickly get on your far left lane
-While on the far left lane, you will come upon a intersection where Kaimuki High school is visible ahead. Take the left..
-After you take the left, right quick Grace's Inn will be on your left hand side along with other shops.
-Shops that are visilbe are Kaimuki bulldog storage center, Laundry Mat, Sumo Bento & Ramen.

Hope that helps,
walter
Old 06-04-2008, 01:21 AM
VIP Member

well, i'll place a bet that it will be a positive experience for you guys. cross training shoes are fine and we will be taking it easy anyway, so don't worry, it's not like we are going autocross or something...
I better put on my Prodrive mudflaps and Gravel spec shoes!!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 AM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
Ill be glad to post some directions since Im a common Kaimuki slacky..

Townbound:

-H1 town bound
-take the King St. cutoff( cutoff right after the Manoa loop cutoff)
-stay on your far right lane after taking the cutoff
-while your on the far right lane after cutoff, there will be another far right lane which you cant get onto because of the solid median line.
-(when you get on the farthest right lane)while your on the far right lane, the lane will make a right at the corner of the Chevron Gas station
-After you take the right, quickly get on your far left lane
-While on the far left lane, you will come upon a intersection where Kaimuki High school is visible ahead. Take the left..
-After you take the left, right quick Grace's Inn will be on your left hand side along with other shops.
-Shops that are visilbe are Kaimuki bulldog storage center, Laundry Mat, Sumo Bento & Ramen.

Hope that helps,
walter
I was gonna post the directions but thanks for doing it for me

Quick Reply: HIIC Hike Club Part 2