Help W/apexi Tt

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 02:13 AM

Car Info: 04 WRB WRX
Exclamation Help W/apexi Tt

i purchased an apexi tt and the harness for it and had pretty much no trouble installing it...i need help with a few things though...i couldnt figure out how to hook up the parking brake saftey and how do i make it so i can turn off my car and use my keyless entry to lock my doors? currently i cant lock my doors with the tt running...any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks

tim
Old 09-02-2005, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
The

parking brake safety isn't worth hooking up. For info on locking the doors with the timer on do a search on NASIOC. I used to have the info, but it's been years since I needed it. Any good alarm shop can help you. If you're going to get an aftermarket alarm, you'll have the same problem. Basically the keyless can't arm (or an alarm) because it "sees" the ignition is on. To get around this, you can wire in a relay to prevent the keyless or alarm from "seeing" the ignition is on. You don't need a relay if it's just the keyless you're trying to access. Decide if you want an aftermarket alarm. No since fixing your problem twice.

San
Old 09-02-2005, 11:11 AM

Car Info: Rust bucketo
I think if it's just for the keyless entry, you'll have to cut one wire. You'll have to look around a bit, but it's bee done.

mr.sti wrote up a tutorial for an alarm install via a relay here, but it's also been posted a lot on nasioc; check for the username netZ.

If you're thinking of hooking up the parking brake kill, try seeing if you can hook it up to something else. The parking brake one will only prevent you, yourself from driving away with only the timer activated, as a safety feature. The wheel will lock. But uhh.. as far as a theft deterrent, the parking-brake wire won't be of much help, as most people already know TT's turn off with the parking brake, so they'll just keep it up a click or two. and the lease of their worries are the parking brake wearing out either

I was thinking the clutch switch, but I forget how the parking brake wire is triggered, is it a ground... shrug..
Old 09-02-2005, 04:39 PM

Car Info: car
try using somethin like the door switch. those are usually ground. jus make sure ur door is open before taking out the key... I use the brake wire, i think of it as a saftey feature rather than a antitheft feature.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:12 AM

Car Info: 04 WRB WRX
thanks for the tips so far...so check those threads and it should help me with my prob?