Help Install Defi Bf Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 03:06 AM

Car Info: wrx
Help Install Defi Bf Gauges

I need help. I tried, and trtied. still messed up... somebody plz help.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
what do u need help with ???????
Old 08-10-2005, 11:15 AM

getting the EGT sensor in, the Oil press, and the dc source wiring..i messed up on that.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

your going to need a drill and tap for the egt sensor, and for the oil pressure you will either need to purchase a oil filter sandwhich adapter or pickup a gallery plug (gallery plu will be cheaper) do a search on here for the part # for the gallery plug and they usually have them in stock at the subaru distribution warehouse near pipelines cafe. you will use that plug to tap in right below the throttle body check scooby mods for pics. as for the egt i personally tapped the drivers side manifold just remove it and do your work with it off . as far as a dc source if i remember correctly defi requires that you get your 12v pwr directly from the battery thats what i did. if you need help ryan @ vakamon will help you with the egt and oil pressure taps for a small fee or maybe someone here wouldnt mind helping you. i would but i am currently in georgia for school hope this helps

Jess
Old 08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
4080wrx is right as far as the EGT and Oil pressure. I used a Greddy oil filter adapter for the oil pressure tap. The gallery plug is cheaper, but I found that the oil filter adapter worked well and was very easy to install. The 12V you can get from your clock power wire (I forget which one is it).

As far as the EGT, go to Vakamon and talk to Ryan...he knows his stuff and will brobably drill and tap the manifold for you relatively cheap...
Old 08-10-2005, 04:51 PM
VIP Member

ditch,

were you able to plug in two types of sensors on your oil filter sandwhich adapter (oil pressure and oil temp)? or does it only allow for one sensor?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by 4080wrx
your going to need a drill and tap for the egt sensor, and for the oil pressure you will either need to purchase a oil filter sandwhich adapter or pickup a gallery plug (gallery plu will be cheaper) do a search on here for the part # for the gallery plug and they usually have them in stock at the subaru distribution warehouse near pipelines cafe. you will use that plug to tap in right below the throttle body check scooby mods for pics. as for the egt i personally tapped the drivers side manifold just remove it and do your work with it off . as far as a dc source if i remember correctly defi requires that you get your 12v pwr directly from the battery thats what i did. if you need help ryan @ vakamon will help you with the egt and oil pressure taps for a small fee or maybe someone here wouldnt mind helping you. i would but i am currently in georgia for school hope this helps

Jess

yea, i understand the drilling and tap and the sandwhich, but idk where to buy the sandwhich adapter and i never drilled and tapp'd b4.. so its kinda complicating for me... i'm lost.. lolz
Old 08-10-2005, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
4080wrx is right as far as the EGT and Oil pressure. I used a Greddy oil filter adapter for the oil pressure tap. The gallery plug is cheaper, but I found that the oil filter adapter worked well and was very easy to install. The 12V you can get from your clock power wire (I forget which one is it).

As far as the EGT, go to Vakamon and talk to Ryan...he knows his stuff and will brobably drill and tap the manifold for you relatively cheap...

Hey do u think u can help get the dc sourcec wiring and the Oil Press done for me? I'll prob get the egt drilled at vakamon, ,but i wana get the wiring and the oil press done b4 i get the drilling done. lmk if u can. thanks.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Staff Member

Originally Posted by 4080wrx
ditch,

were you able to plug in two types of sensors on your oil filter sandwhich adapter (oil pressure and oil temp)? or does it only allow for one sensor?
The Greddy Oil Filter ADapter (which I bought from Z-1 Auto) has two ports for you to add sensors. I don't know, however, if they both will fit at the same time. You can call Z-1 and talk to Adam...he's cool and very knowledgeable. Another vendor recently told me that the oil filter adapter wouldn't work with the STi because it only accepts Toyota filters...and I knew this was bull$hiet because I already had it on my car!

Originally Posted by azn_wrx
Hey do u think u can help get the dc sourcec wiring and the Oil Press done for me? I'll prob get the egt drilled at vakamon, ,but i wana get the wiring and the oil press done b4 i get the drilling done. lmk if u can. thanks.
If I still had my Defi gauges, I would be glad to help...but I sold them and I can't remember how to do it myself. A friend helped me out...it's easier to do if you have a voltage meter or a test light to check for the continuous and remote turn on and ground...I don't have that. I would say to get the oil filter adapter cause it makes life so much easier.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:59 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by azn_wrx

wish i could but i am currently in georgia right now
Old 08-10-2005, 06:01 PM

The Greddy Oil Filter ADapter (which I bought from Z-1 Auto) has two ports for you to add sensors. I don't know, however, if they both will fit at the same time. You can call Z-1 and talk to Adam...he's cool and very knowledgeable. Another vendor recently told me that the oil filter adapter wouldn't work with the STi because it only accepts Toyota filters...and I knew this was bull$hiet because I already had it on my car!

If I still had my Defi gauges, I would be glad to help...but I sold them and I can't remember how to do it myself. A friend helped me out...it's easier to do if you have a voltage meter or a test light to check for the continuous and remote turn on and ground...I don't have that. I would say to get the oil filter adapter cause it makes life so much easier.

thx man.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Staff Member

I wish I could be of more help...
Old 08-11-2005, 01:21 AM

I wish I could be of more help...

it's all right bro, at least u gave it an effort.. ill try find somebody to help.. hopefully.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:09 PM

For your power, illumination, etc. tap off of the clock harness. Everything you need is in that harness. Look at the clock itself for the function of each wire, it's labled.