Hellooooooo Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Cool Hellooooooo Hawaii

So my fiance and I are planning on getting married next summer sometime. Our plan is to go to Maui, get married and stay there for around 7 days total. My fiance has never been to any of the islands and its been more than a few years from my last visit. Ive been out to Maui and Kauai.

Right now its between going in mid June or mid July. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on what month would be better and why (if theres even any difference at all that is).
Old 07-26-2009, 11:30 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Congrats maui is very nuce and laid back!!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Churro Aficionado

Yea it was really relaxing the last time i was there (about 8 years ago lol).. but this time old enough to hit up some bars and what not.

As of right now we're not sure what part of the island we are staying on. My grandma has a timeshare and is letting us take it as a wedding gift (helps a ton on money!). So we have to talk with her and find out what places are offered and where they are located.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
at least spend a day or 2 here in honolulu!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Churro Aficionado

I would love too!.. just all depends on if our time/money lets us
Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Yeah Honolulu is good just for a couple nights as it is more hustle-bustle than what you may be expecting.

I would do Maui or Kauai. Probably Kauai and go see that big canyon.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Congrats on the engagement! I think you can't go wrong with either place and either month. Both Islands are beautiful and very laid back. As Ted mentioned, coming to Oahu would be a better bet if you're looking for more excitement and action, but if you're looking for peace and relaxation, Kauai and Maui can't be beat. As for the time of year, both June and July are good "wedding" weather months, since it's the beginning of summer, and Hawaii is general is pretty much blue skies and sunshine most of the year. Kauai does tend to get a little more rain fall than most of the other islands, so I'm not too sure if that may sway your wedding decision plans. Damn bro, getting married on the Beach........I'm sure your wifey will be happy........should make for a memorable wedding night .

IMO, I'd choose Maui over Kauai. It's still very beautiful and has a nice blend of that "Old Hawaii" feel and modern accommodations. Hopefully your G-ma's timeshare is at the Grand Wailea ( http://www.grandwailea.com/ ). Beautiful spot! I assure you, sauce will be made if you stay there.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
June seems to be a popular time for weddings. My bro will be getting married on the mainland, then honeymoon in maui and the big island.
The big island is huge, and has volcanoes, in case you guys wanted to see that stuff. Maui is like nice too, hell all the islands are nice for scenery.
Oahu is where it's at for everything else (traffic and nightlife).
Old 07-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by Bran808
Congrats on the engagement! I think you can't go wrong with either place and either month. Both Islands are beautiful and very laid back. As Ted mentioned, coming to Oahu would be a better bet if you're looking for more excitement and action, but if you're looking for peace and relaxation, Kauai and Maui can't be beat. As for the time of year, both June and July are good "wedding" weather months, since it's the beginning of summer, and Hawaii is general is pretty much blue skies and sunshine most of the year. Kauai does tend to get a little more rain fall than most of the other islands, so I'm not too sure if that may sway your wedding decision plans. Damn bro, getting married on the Beach........I'm sure your wifey will be happy........should make for a memorable wedding night .

IMO, I'd choose Maui over Kauai. It's still very beautiful and has a nice blend of that "Old Hawaii" feel and modern accommodations. Hopefully your G-ma's timeshare is at the Grand Wailea ( http://www.grandwailea.com/ ). Beautiful spot! I assure you, sauce will be made if you stay there.
Originally Posted by 808subaru
June seems to be a popular time for weddings. My bro will be getting married on the mainland, then honeymoon in maui and the big island.
The big island is huge, and has volcanoes, in case you guys wanted to see that stuff. Maui is like nice too, hell all the islands are nice for scenery.
Oahu is where it's at for everything else (traffic and nightlife).
Thanks guys.. yea we are going to go for the "more relaxing" route. Of course go out a few nights but mainly relax. Want to try some zip lines or rope courses while we are there too. Im not going to bring over all the dive equipment but maybe a couple masks and fins to go snorkeling.

Another thing I really like is that if time/money allow, its like what 30mins from island to island? Or somewhere around there? We are both really looking forward to it... its now getting all the planning and of course the money together
Old 07-27-2009, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Thanks guys.. yea we are going to go for the "more relaxing" route. Of course go out a few nights but mainly relax. Want to try some zip lines or rope courses while we are there too. Im not going to bring over all the dive equipment but maybe a couple masks and fins to go snorkeling.

Another thing I really like is that if time/money allow, its like what 30mins from island to island? Or somewhere around there? We are both really looking forward to it... its now getting all the planning and of course the money together
don't forget to go to Haleakala while in Maui. too bad the interisland ferry service was discontinued. but yeah, travel by air takes about 30 minutes unless you book with go! airlines where the pilots take you for a freebie ride!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:51 AM
Churro Aficionado

why is it free with them?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:11 AM
VIP Member

hahah, no i was referring to the 2 pilots that overshot the runway in hilo because they fell asleep(allegedly). so the 30 minute flight became a 50 minute flight, thus the free flight. sorry, i was being a smart *** on that one.

anyway, back to topic...
Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Churro Aficionado

lmao.. no worries... ya never heard that happened.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 PM

Car Info: camber toe
Congratulations!

Maui has more nicer beaches from what I heard and Kauai is very lush with greenery being very relaxing.

June or July? I don't know but I would check the prices between these two months and see from there.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Churro Aficionado

^ Good idea.. Do you think there would be major if any price differences?

Quick Reply: Hellooooooo Hawaii