Hellllllloooooooooooooooo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 10:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
damn computers. anyone put together one of those shuttle/cube things? i want one, but would probably miss something or fry it somehow. how much are complete ones? b
Old 06-06-2003, 11:40 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
Theres a pretty good Shuttle XPC Series one with the 865G Intel chipset. They're going for about 380 on a barebones system. Supports DDR ram and has 800mhz FSB. Installation was a breeze, no hard parts.

Or the Nvidia Nforce2 based Shuttle barebones for about 229. Onboard video, audio, and lan.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:29 PM

Car Info: Justy
Question

Originally posted by b_drift
damn computers. anyone put together one of those shuttle/cube things? i want one, but would probably miss something or fry it somehow. how much are complete ones? b
I have put together quite a few Shuttles. Putting it together, isn't that difficult. the only hard part is the cramped space. At the shop I work at Shuttle's can range from about $1049 - $2000.

The $1049.00 (retail) system specs are:

Shuttle SS51G (supports Hyperthreading & 533FSB)
(On board video, sound, 10/100 nic)
http://us.shuttle.com/specs2.asp?pro_id=85

Pentium 4 2.4b
512 DDR 2700
16x DVD
80gb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Floppy Drive
Windows XP

As for the XPCs with the 865G Intel chipset, hope the shop will be getting them in within the next few weeks. Let me know if you have any questions, i can get you a hookup on the prices.

Last edited by WRX-Zero; 06-06-2003 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Snuffy: I work with one other guy (the owner) for a company called LANTech.

Mitch: Yeah, but you don't have to make quotes for resource limited non-profit organizations that must SCRIMP on everything. This $7k quote is for 10+ workstations, full complement of purchased software (os's, office suites, non-profit accounting program, etc.) + all the assistive technology act compliant items (ergonomics, large lcd monitors, etc.) ... Sigh. Restrictions, restrictions! I could blow a quote together for a rich guy that had scrilla to burn in 10 minutes!
Old 06-06-2003, 07:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Originally posted by IS2Scooby
Snuffy: I work with one other guy (the owner) for a company called LANTech.

Mitch: Yeah, but you don't have to make quotes for resource limited non-profit organizations that must SCRIMP on everything. This $7k quote is for 10+ workstations, full complement of purchased software (os's, office suites, non-profit accounting program, etc.) + all the assistive technology act compliant items (ergonomics, large lcd monitors, etc.) ... Sigh. Restrictions, restrictions! I could blow a quote together for a rich guy that had scrilla to burn in 10 minutes!
all that for 7k? That's asking a lot. Easily could do half that many (5 or so systems) but 10+ is getting kinda scary. Especially when it comes to software and licenses. Good luck, man.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Thanks! We'll see how it turns out. They need to get me their 501c non-profit status paperwork ASAP for this thing to fly. Deadlines. ARGH.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
So it's the same as my job. I can do all the research you want. I can fill out paperwork until my fingers bleed, and get it in when you say you need it. But God help me if you can get it in on time...

We just had 3 people who had cleared their schedules (including a couple of promotion boards) for a kick-*** language training event in Korea, and then it fell through because someone up the food chain didn't send in the right form to the right office.

Here's to Army efficiency
Old 06-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Originally posted by EtchyLives
Here's to Army efficiency
I am Sure Mike will have something to add to that!! .... just wait until you hear his latest story!

(not to mention Dan's lastest story!)