Hawaii Raceway Park...TESTIMONY...do this now it is easy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Exclamation Hawaii Raceway Park...TESTIMONY...do this now it is easy!

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP!

1. Highlight and copy the below text into an email.

To: Representative Dwight Y. Takamine, Chair
Representative Bertha C. Kawakami, Vice-Chair
House Finance Committee
Phone # YOUR PHONE NUMBER HERE
Date of hearing: Monday, February 28, 2005
Subject: Support of HB 994, Relating to a New Motorsports Center

As an avid member of the local Motorsports community I am writing to share my thoughts and experiences regarding Motorsports on the island of Oahu. A Motorsports facility provides more than recreation for thousands of island residents, it also provides for increased business and economic development, enhanced Driver Education and Training and it promotes highway safety by providing an outlet to those who would otherwise be racing on our city streets. I strongly support HB 994, which makes it possible to build a safe and legal environment for all of these activities.

Motorsports is the most watched spectator sport in the world. It ranks above football, soccer, baseball, golf and every other sport, bar none. A world-class Motorsports facility on Oahu would attract large international races, which bring with them thousands of race fans and millions of dollars. Televised events would broadcast the beauty of Hawaii to the world, further stimulating tourism to the islands. Race fans are a dedicated group of people, and a large prestigious race in Hawaii would definitely be a determining factor for them when choosing a vacation spot.

There are also roughly 30 businesses currently listed in the Honolulu Yellow Pages under "Automobile Performance, Race & Sports Car Equipment". These businesses are supported by the money local racers spend while building and maintaining their high-performance vehicles. If there is no place for people to race their vehicles, there will be a decreased demand for the services that these businesses provide. Hawaii has the highest failure rate for small business in the nation, we need to support those we have that are thriving by not taking away their means of support.

Speeding and reckless driving have been identified as a leading causes of accidents. Traffic fatalities on Oahu are at an all-time high and something must be done to curb this rising trend. Providing a safe, modern and controlled environment for residents, and encouraging them to use it, will keep this undesirable behavior off of our streets and on the track where it belongs.

Driver Education is a proven method of increasing a driver's skills and abilities. A training facility will provide an environment for both residents and government officials alike to hone their driving skills. A skilled driver is better able to deal with an emergency situation which may arise during the course of day-to-day driving, and as such is less likely to be involved in a severe auto accident.

A Motorsports facility on the island of Oahu would not only create economic stimulus for the island, it would also promote public safety by providing an outlet for local racers. This benefits everyone and can be done without a single expenditure by the state because the credit being requested only applies to new money being earned by a new facility. Denial of the credit is a denial of building this facility and a denial of any future tax revenue from the Motorsports community. For these reasons I strongly urge you to pass HB 994. I sincerely thank you for the opportunity to testify.

2. Fill in your Name and Phone in the "Your name here" and "Your phone number here" sections.

3. Type "testimony@capitol.hawaii.gov" in the "To" section

4. Press SEND

Last edited by bpang1; 02-24-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:24 PM
VIP Member

Special Thanks to Chad82GT a member of Forums Hawaii :banana:
Old 02-24-2005, 07:42 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
just did mine...

I also put "Support of HB 994, Relating to a New Motorsports Center" in the Subject field
Old 02-24-2005, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Can I tell them that I want new people running our motorsports center? Whoever let HRP get in such a bad condition should be shot.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Done and done.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:19 PM

Due to the zoning of the land they are limited on what they can and can't do. Even if they could, why should they drop too much money into a facility that will close in the next year or so?

Originally Posted by keirnna
Can I tell them that I want new people running our motorsports center? Whoever let HRP get in such a bad condition should be shot.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:09 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mehlt
Due to the zoning of the land they are limited on what they can and can't do. Even if they could, why should they drop too much money into a facility that will close in the next year or so?
Word
Old 02-25-2005, 02:32 AM

Car Info: 09 WrX Pearl White 5dr hb / 04 Wrx White
Originally Posted by iNfEk
just did mine...

I also put "Support of HB 994, Relating to a New Motorsports Center" in the Subject field
done mine too
Old 02-25-2005, 02:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by mehlt
Yeah, but from what I am told they have been using that excuse for the last 10 or more years.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:01 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Send, send, send...
Old 02-25-2005, 03:46 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by keirnna
Yeah, but from what I am told they have been using that excuse for the last 10 or more years.
Well it's taken about 15 years for them to get to this point. So you can't blame them for not throwing money in...it's kinda like they were in a holding pattern for that timespan.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:42 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon JAVA BLACK PEARL
Hope Mine Helped. Im Leaving The Island In About 5 Months But I Hope To Come Back Someday. I Support Leagal Racing To Da Max. Good Luck Guys.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:40 AM

Car Info: WRX
done
Old 02-25-2005, 10:50 AM

Car Info: TurboXS BOV, it's all I got... FOR NOW!
did mine!
Old 02-25-2005, 11:09 AM

Car Info: Silver 02 impreza RS
e-mail sent!

Quick Reply: Hawaii Raceway Park...TESTIMONY...do this now it is easy!