Hawaii Cops????

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 02:26 AM

Car Info: 2002 Silver WRX
Originally Posted by RAGEWRX
I have a question for the Police officers on the board. If I am being followed very closely by a "little blue Light" PO, who out of nowhere just decides to do that (going speed limit, going home w/ silencer and shifting before blow off), what would happen if I down shifted from 4th cruising and into 2nd and the PO happened to rear end me? But, I didn't downshift that far on purpose. It was an accident from being tailed (harassed) by a PO, it made me nervous.

Technically, you did nothing wrong so there's nothing that you could get cited for. Although, that would bring more attention to yourself. Sorry you got harassed.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:08 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by RAGEWRX
I have a question for the Police officers on the board. If I am being followed very closely by a "little blue Light" PO, who out of nowhere just decides to do that (going speed limit, going home w/ silencer and shifting before blow off), what would happen if I down shifted from 4th cruising and into 2nd and the PO happened to rear end me? But, I didn't downshift that far on purpose. It was an accident from being tailed (harassed) by a PO, it made me nervous.
still man you would have to be pretty nervous b/c either way up/down shifting your going up not down. still would be his fault for following too close. some wierd law in hawaii that no matter what if a person hits you in the rear they are automatically at fault. so even if you slam on the breaks on the highway it's still their fault b/c of the 2 car length thing. anyways i wouldn't recomend it. would suck to be away from your car while it's in the shop. plus it could damage your frame if he hits you hard and then your up $hits creek. just pull over and let him pass or get over in a diff lane.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:04 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by dtredwing14
C.o.p. comes from early English times meaning Constable On Patrol. A little FYI.
wrong . . . shortened form of copper, because their badges were made out of copper.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 13sec Wagon
Originally Posted by jdepould
wrong . . . shortened form of copper, because their badges were made out of copper.
Its just what I was told, from a police officer. Could be a mix from both. Not that important.

So why am I still typing???

All right I'm Done