Hawaii Cops????

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 11:51 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
hslin pretty much summed it up. in reference to your question about you safety inspection sticker... unless they have reasons to tag u for other violations you should be cool. a cop is not neccesarily gonna pull u over for something as petty as that. but if you were speeding or running a red light... then that gives reason to do so otherwise.

Cops that have POV's(attainable after 8 years right hslin?) are fortunate to have additional pay to alleviate costs for car payment/ins. etc. plus they get free gas. IMO thats a small price to pay for beating your car to smithereens in mileage. if i were to go that route i'd get me a crwon vic or a lexus(like that cop in manoa).
i figure its gonna be my mobile office. not my bad guy chaser

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-12-2005, 01:02 AM

Car Info: WRX
thanx for all the replies.....my wife and i just came from northern VA where the have pick up trucks unmarked that get and marked Camaro's that get u also...so thanx for clearing this up.......no havent broke any laws so far but....we hope that stays the same...
Old 01-12-2005, 10:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I wanna see them bust out a Corvette or Viper police car...the ownage would be theirs for distribution!

Oh yeah, in europe they use Lamborghini, Ferrari and Porsche cars because of the autobahn.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I think that HPD should upgrade their cruisers to Hemi-powered Magnums. Now THOSE cars look butch!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:25 AM

Car Info: '04 JBP STi
I think they are allowed to purchase those now (magnums). Id like to see the dept allow STi's!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by RAGEWRX
I think they are allowed to purchase those now (magnums). Id like to see the dept allow STi's!
No we don't want them to drive REAL cars that could catch us. Many police depts in the mainland are already switching to Magnums in the mainland.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Cleveland PD has a C4 they use on the freeway. IIRC they got it from a drug bust.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:47 PM

I had a friend who was in the military stationed in Japan who told me that there is a special police unit that uses fully modded skylines with driving school trained officers to catch speeders.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:53 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
wow matt haven't seen you on here in a while. you should come out to the meet on thurs.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
I had a friend who was in the military stationed in Japan who told me that there is a special police unit that uses fully modded skylines with driving school trained officers to catch speeders.
That's funny the police cars I saw in Japan were the biggest piece ever. I saw everyone, but the American's who lived there run. Mopeds would smoke those guys because they could weave in between traffic and what not.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I think they're limited to 6 cylinders and up. Otherwise all the Subie owning Police Officers would be running around catching all the ricers trying to call them out for a street race.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:09 PM

I have a question for the Police officers on the board. If I am being followed very closely by a "little blue Light" PO, who out of nowhere just decides to do that (going speed limit, going home w/ silencer and shifting before blow off), what would happen if I down shifted from 4th cruising and into 2nd and the PO happened to rear end me? But, I didn't downshift that far on purpose. It was an accident from being tailed (harassed) by a PO, it made me nervous.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:15 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
I'm pretty sure no matter what the circumstances are, if you get rear ended its the other guy's fault
Old 01-14-2005, 01:37 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
I have a question for the Police officers on the board. If I am being followed very closely by a "little blue Light" PO, who out of nowhere just decides to do that (going speed limit, going home w/ silencer and shifting before blow off), what would happen if I down shifted from 4th cruising and into 2nd and the PO happened to rear end me? But, I didn't downshift that far on purpose. It was an accident from being tailed (harassed) by a PO, it made me nervous.

Good question, you should try it.

Probably get a ticket for every little thing even remotely illegal on/in your car. I wouldn't suggest it. Not worth injuring you or him. I think probably the other police officers who came to the accident would not find it funny either when he told them what happened. Cops kinda stick together. Fraternity sort of.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:57 AM

Car Info: 13sec Wagon
Wink

They're called PO's or Police Officers. There are unmarked PO's personal vehicles. some are off duty but they still have the siren hard wired into the car. They can pull up next to you when you're driving and get your attention. Not sure if they can pull you over though. And I have seen a few personal PO vehicles with a blue strobe up in the visor. My bro was pulled over by one.
C.o.p. comes from early English times meaning Constable On Patrol. A little FYI.

Quick Reply: Hawaii Cops????