Has anyone priced an Evo lately here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by namakemono
are you in hawaii???

cuz u know there is only one dealer here
Yes, I'm from Hawaii, and yes, I'm aware of the dealership monopoly as well. They are owned by Cutter after all, and that explains plenty. Still, I came in with my own financing, and was a serious buyer. It also helped that I was sitting in front of the sales people thumbing through my STI brocure while we were negotiating (they annoy me, so why not annoy them a bit?). I made it quite clear that I was very interested in the STI as well, and that if the deal did not happen the way I wanted it to, I would have no problem picking up an STI instead.

Plain and simple, you will never know what you can buy any popular car for until you actually sit down and say you're ready to buy if the deal is right. Of course, you'll need excellent credit or your own financing as well.

I ended picking up the red one they had up on the stand for several weeks, and did not pay that stupid markup, and never will on any of my cars I buy. I would never respect myself after getting ripped like that.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:09 PM

Car Info: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
Roberto,
Did you own a Camaro and a Talon? If so "WASSSSUPP!!!"

edit: BTW a friend of mine did the same thing yet they wouldn't budge on the price so he went next door (5 star before they moved) and got an STi.

Last edited by Mister 2; 09-25-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:18 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
Originally Posted by Roberto
Yes, I'm from Hawaii, and yes, I'm aware of the dealership monopoly as well. They are owned by Cutter after all, and that explains plenty. Still, I came in with my own financing, and was a serious buyer. It also helped that I was sitting in front of the sales people thumbing through my STI brocure while we were negotiating (they annoy me, so why not annoy them a bit?). I made it quite clear that I was very interested in the STI as well, and that if the deal did not happen the way I wanted it to, I would have no problem picking up an STI instead.

Plain and simple, you will never know what you can buy any popular car for until you actually sit down and say you're ready to buy if the deal is right. Of course, you'll need excellent credit or your own financing as well.

I ended picking up the red one they had up on the stand for several weeks, and did not pay that stupid markup, and never will on any of my cars I buy. I would never respect myself after getting ripped like that.

dude that is awesome, i heard stories that they didn't even play ball, it was take it or leave it. which is why a lot of people picked up an STI instead.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
I went in with a friend and that is what they told him.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:06 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Hey Roberto, how's you and your badass ride doing? I haven't seen you since that one time you owned me at the tracks, heh heh.