Hard Water Spots

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:52 PM

Car Info: car
Originally Posted by oldmansan
Vinegar won't remove nasty hard water spots. Been there done that. Steel wool? Not a chance that's touching my car. Clay bar won't do it either if it's nasty hard water spots. Call Joey at Midas Touch and he'll hit your car with acid. That is the ticket. Period. Argue amongst yourselves if you want but I have a 2002 WRX that's black (MBP) and lived next to an idiot that couldn't prevent his sprinkler from spraying my car. If I wasn't military I'd have choked him to death.

San

my neigbor is like that too, so i have to acid wash what ever car was parked there every now and then..
Old 03-05-2007, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by javendan
i second 50/50 vinegar and water.

i had a black nissan maxima that i had to park outside for a year and the sprinklers were killing my car - hard water spots.

i went to wash the car and the hard water would NOT come off.

i could use my finger nail to scrape individual spots off but that wasn't a good solution.

i tried wax - no joy.

i went to napa auto parts and the guy there recommended a mcquire <sp?> product - cost $7/8 and didn't do it.

i searched the net and found a auto detail guy and he suggested using the 50/50 solution with elbow grease... worked wonders and cheap!!!

spray and let sit for a bit then go at it.

good luck.

i clean everything with that 50/50 solution now... windows, stainless steel, counter tops - everything.

*** first post - yay yay ***

i enjoy reading all you posts and try to visit the islands when i can - you guys are lucky!!!

joel
What kind of vinegar are we talking about? Red Wine Vinegar? Does taste matter?

Just kidding...good 1st post.