H1N1 Vaccine, your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:13 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
H1N1 Vaccine, your thoughts?

This is quite interesting as the government declares an "emergency" over the H1N1 virus and advises schoolchildren to take this vaccine.

I know many of you are parents with children in school. What's your take on it? Would you let your child take the flu shot or are you wary of the consequences of it?

From people that I know and talked to who had the swine flu, they all describe the feeling like getting run over by a truck for a few days then symptoms progressively dying off. This sounds much, much worse than a regular seasonal flu. The US death rate currently is over 1,000 and the seasonal flu normally kills 35,000 in the US per year.

Let's dive into this topic a bit more.

Point One:
Majority of the H1N1 vaccines contain adjuvants that include mercury, or in mercury-free vaccines, aluminum. I believe the US vaccine contains aluminum hydroxide, a stable version of aluminum. If I remember correctly, aluminum in the bloodstream serves as a neurotoxin.

Point Two:
According to White House secretary Robert Gibbs, on October 8th, 2009, he mentioned that both of President Obama's daughters will not be receiving the swine flu vaccine as they are not in the "risk level". My question is, according to the CDC, the risk group includes persons from 6 months to 24 years. This is one of their core target groups after the elderly, sick, and pregnant women.

Point Three:
As I stated and read in point two, pregnant women are among those advised to take the vaccine. The vaccine contains aluminum, again, a neurotoxin. Aluminum has been linked to autism, with studies shown in the lab that it creates growth retardation and drastically affects skeletal grown. It is also known that aluminum impairs brain development in the perinatal stage.

Point Four:
The "second" wave of the H1N1 was supposed to hit late September, going through October, and waning off in November. We're almost at the end of October now. Is it really necessary?

What do you guys think? My mother takes the bus to work and therefore, could be exposed to such a flu, however, knowing how Alzheimers could be linked to vaccines, I don't want that to happen at all. I, on the other hand, am a health individual and most likely won't ever need it.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 AM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
aww man I had the swine flu and its one crazy virus. I felt like im about to die...
I got it from my mom since she works at Queens Hospital. I just hope it doesn't get to my sons preschool.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 07STI
where can you go buy the dam thing?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
My doctor advised us to take it and have baby take it. That's the only information source I listen to when it comes to our health.

I laugh at the parents that don't vaccinate their kids because they want to do some hippie-type new-age crap.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:30 PM

Car Info: a pickup truck with a gun rack.
i aint even trying to **** with that stuff. the government makes these viruses in labs & uses it as a scare tactic to get the mass population to take these vaccines that are also made by them. besides the stuff they put in to kill off the H1N1 what else you think they put in there that they could be testing us on?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:20 PM

Car Info: Subaru PSM Wrx 05 w/ Mud guards Red 88 Conquest
The vaccine is a secret government experiment to turn us all into zombies by 2012 the end of the world!!!!! Nooooooooo!!!! don't do it just hide the family on rabbit island!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 2011 KTM 530 EXC Supermoto
I'm rarely sick, but I'll probably take it because of my wife and 8 month old.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
I work at the hospital and they are practically making everyone take it. You can sign a waver saying why you don't want to take the vaccine but if you dont take it then you have to wear a TB mask for up to 6 months whenever you come into work.

I decided to take my regular flu sho which I have taken for the last 3 years and I am pretty positive I will be taking my H1N1 shot. I wont take the nasal spray though because that is the actual live virus, but the shot should be fine.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:44 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Isn't it obvious? The swine flu is a prop set up by the goverment to help promote healthcare. I wouldn't take it. Its pretty strange how they target ages 6 months-24yrs. When I was watching the news, they said that the flu shot may cause complications or even death. Think about it. It takes at least a decade to come out with a cure. The first 10 people to take the shot died. And I've also heard that children did too. This is all too strange. Its seems like some weird plan to control the earths' population.

Last edited by SubaruMcHugh; 10-28-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by SubaruMcHugh
Isn't it obvious? The swine flu is a prop set up by the goverment to help promote healthcare. I wouldn't take it. Its pretty strange how they target ages 6 months-24yrs. When I was watching the news, they said that the flu shot may cause complications or even death. Think about it. It takes at least a decade to come out with a cure. The first 10 people to take the shot died. And I've also heard that children did too. This is all too strange. Its seems like some weird plan to control the earths' population.

I guess that means that i am going to die then lol.

I just got my shot 20 mins ago, i don't feel any different except my arm is a little sore from where she stuck me.

To each their own...
Old 10-28-2009, 01:35 AM

Car Info: 1998 RS STi
Wanna be the second one in a million case of bad flu shot side affects?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNuExNQ7WJo
Old 10-28-2009, 01:41 AM

Car Info: 05 LegaSTI
I personally feel it comes down to risk vs. benefit. It pretty much does anytime you have to consider taking a medication or vaccine.

Most people won't think twice about getting a prescription filled for Septra or Bactrim (sulfa type of antibiotic often used for bladder infections). They also might not be aware that there is a very slim possibility of getting a reaction called Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. One of the doctors I work with said he tries not to prescribe this antibiotic because he saw a person with this reaction & it was not a pretty sight.

Point is, you have to do what you feel is in the best interest of yourself or loved one(s). It's not really a crapshoot though... there are lots of evidence for the safety & efficacy of most drugs. I'm not saying that's necessarily true of the H1N1 vaccine since it was mass produced in a very short period of time.

Here is some bedtime reading on Thimerosal:

http://cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/thimerosal_qa.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ste...ndrome/DS00940

If you're afraid of giving your kid the H1N1 vaccine with thimerosal (even though they are using less & less of this preservative now days) then consider getting either:

The Nasal spray since it has NO THIMEROSAL. The difference with this formulation is that it contains Live, ATTENUTATED (weakened) Influenza. There are some folks who shouldn't get this nasal spray, especially those who have a weakend immune system.

or

Ask for the single-dose vial of the shot (inactivated influenza vaccine)

I will definitely be getting both the seasonal and H1N1 vaccinations this year as will my two kids. Again, it boils down to risk vs benefit. I personally think the benefits far outweights the risks.

If you're still hesitant, keep the following in mind:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...e.flu.kids.cnn

Also... for what it's worth, according to this article the Obama girls also got their vaccinations:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/27...ine/index.html
Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Deraj_53
Wanna be the second one in a million case of bad flu shot side affects?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNuExNQ7WJo
Do i wanna be the second one, NO...
Will I be the second one, I guess you will find out.

Its sad to see that happen to her, but that will happen to 1 in 1,000,000 people. I dont want to risk getting the flu and thats why I got it.

Do you want to be the one layed out in a hospital bed trying to just stay alive???

oh and btw, that happen to her when she took the Seasonal Flu sho, not the H1N1 vaccine. They are two different vaccines.

Last edited by subi4justin; 10-28-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
Thanks for the replies. This kind of affirms my believe(as same as Substitude's) that in the end it is really of a risk vs benefit situation as is all vaccines. In the end, it ultimately depends how much exposure you are going to get. My mother, who like I have said earlier, takes the bus to work. She is the type that would benefit much more than me who sits in the office pushing papers all day. I already made up my mind about it, but just figured to give a good devil's advocate type questionnaire to some and see how others react.

The vaccine does one thing important though, and that is to help stop the spread of the virus. That itself is a big importance to how we look at the vaccine today.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:09 AM

Car Info: kitanai kuroi kuruma
Originally Posted by substitude
I personally feel it comes down to risk vs. benefit. It pretty much does anytime you have to consider taking a medication or vaccine.

Most people won't think twice about getting a prescription filled for Septra or Bactrim (sulfa type of antibiotic often used for bladder infections). They also might not be aware that there is a very slim possibility of getting a reaction called Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. One of the doctors I work with said he tries not to prescribe this antibiotic because he saw a person with this reaction & it was not a pretty sight.

Point is, you have to do what you feel is in the best interest of yourself or loved one(s). It's not really a crapshoot though... there are lots of evidence for the safety & efficacy of most drugs. I'm not saying that's necessarily true of the H1N1 vaccine since it was mass produced in a very short period of time.

Here is some bedtime reading on Thimerosal:

http://cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/thimerosal_qa.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ste...ndrome/DS00940

If you're afraid of giving your kid the H1N1 vaccine with thimerosal (even though they are using less & less of this preservative now days) then consider getting either:

The Nasal spray since it has NO THIMEROSAL. The difference with this formulation is that it contains Live, ATTENUTATED (weakened) Influenza. There are some folks who shouldn't get this nasal spray, especially those who have a weakend immune system.

or

Ask for the single-dose vial of the shot (inactivated influenza vaccine)

I will definitely be getting both the seasonal and H1N1 vaccinations this year as will my two kids. Again, it boils down to risk vs benefit. I personally think the benefits far outweights the risks.

If you're still hesitant, keep the following in mind:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...e.flu.kids.cnn

Also... for what it's worth, according to this article the Obama girls also got their vaccinations:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/27...ine/index.html
Holy isht dude! Did you type this whole thing on your blackberry? Nice post.

This is totally subjective but I have personally seen several 20 something year olds with no comorbidities fighting for their lives from the H1N1 flu.

Quick Reply: H1N1 Vaccine, your thoughts?