guess who let me drive his car...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
guess who let me drive his car...

so i was at the BMW dealership, as my salesman called me letting me know a silver on black 2000 M5 had come in...i left after they was asking 59xxx for it...i said, for that much money, i'd rather get a new M3...

so i go off to scott schulte's shop (the scott with the blue porsche from track day)...i'm looking at an estimate for clutch, brakes, and a whole lotta misc. stuff that i want done...

he keeps dangling his keys in front of my face, taunting me to drive his 2001 AMG CLK55...that sucker only has 3500 miles on it...i keep telling him no, but he says he's thinking of getting rid of it...i didnt wanna drive it because i was afraid i might wreck it- i'm scared when i'm driving someone else's $70,000 car...he says he trusts me and to try it with the traction control off ...after he kept bugging me to drive it, i take the keys and drive it...

that sucker is NUTS!!! awesome power, acceleration, and the handling was real nice...not as precise as a BMW, but much better than what i expected... even the brakes were awesome...

scott wanted me to assume his lease, and then buy the car after...but as it turns out the residual was a little higher than what we all expected, so i dont think i'm gonna get it, but man that car was NIIIICE...
Old 08-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35

you gotta take me on these adventures you keep having
Old 08-16-2003, 09:12 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Re: guess who let me drive his car...

Originally posted by poser
so i was at the BMW dealership, as my salesman called me letting me know a silver on black 2000 M5 had come in...i left after they was asking 59xxx for it...i said, for that much money, i'd rather get a new M3...

so i go off to scott schulte's shop (the scott with the blue porsche from track day)...i'm looking at an estimate for clutch, brakes, and a whole lotta misc. stuff that i want done...

he keeps dangling his keys in front of my face, taunting me to drive his 2001 AMG CLK55...that sucker only has 3500 miles on it...i keep telling him no, but he says he's thinking of getting rid of it...i didnt wanna drive it because i was afraid i might wreck it- i'm scared when i'm driving someone else's $70,000 car...he says he trusts me and to try it with the traction control off ...after he kept bugging me to drive it, i take the keys and drive it...

that sucker is NUTS!!! awesome power, acceleration, and the handling was real nice...not as precise as a BMW, but much better than what i expected... even the brakes were awesome...

scott wanted me to assume his lease, and then buy the car after...but as it turns out the residual was a little higher than what we all expected, so i dont think i'm gonna get it, but man that car was NIIIICE...
What no pics? We are trying to like vicariously through you and we need these pics!
Old 08-17-2003, 11:48 AM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
Re: Re: guess who let me drive his car...

Originally posted by DaveWRX
What no pics? We are trying to like vicariously through you and we need these pics!
i forgot the digicam this time...

i'll try to bring one on the next which-car-to-test-drive-next day...