greddy profec bspec 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 03:03 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
can you post a pic of it i forgot what that thing looked like. and what kind of blow off valve did you have.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
if you get a boost controller, you Definitely need a boost gauge. Many people will just mount the boost gauge with a simple pod/holder w/double-sided sticky tape, to the dash right next to the a-pillar. (doing it this way is basically the least expensive way by just getting the boost gauge)

Or if you can get afford a gauge pod and gauges, might as well go ahead that route.

as far as the Greddy Profec-B V2, I have no personal experience with it, ... it is a lower end (meaning less features and cost$) ebc.
I have read it works fine though, and for $300 new, not too bad of a price. I like the features and function of Blitz's SBC-id and Greddy's Profec E-01.

And Yes, ... having some sort od boost controller will benefit you now, it will allow you to reach full boost in 1st and 2nd gear, (which you don't now), by setting it at about 15psi, you will boost the set amount more consistantly in every gear. (if that makes sense)

Sean

Last edited by Nolimit; 09-10-2003 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Where is my beer?

the vac line you want to use for the boost gauge it the one to the bov, just buy a "T" fitting to fit the appropriate size lines.

the boost controller vac will most likely be tapped into the vac line going to the fpr.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Where is my beer?

No, the car's still going to run a bit richer with the ex venting bov (think of it like this, ... the intake air is measured before the throttle body(by the maf sensor), that is how the ecu knows how much fuel to add into the mix, ... if the bov is venting into the atmosphere, there is essentially less air travelling into the combustion chamber, BUT the ecu already added fuel for the air that is thought was going to be there, ... hence rich conditions.)

as far as adding a boost controller, we did that on an STi already on an otherwise stock car. There were very little, if any, gains seen in 1/4 mile times. But, with other modifications, I would expect greater gains, obviously. And although not evident from 1/4 mile times, higher boost in 1st and 2nd gear was obviously obtained, ... so I imagine that added to the 'kick in the pants' the STi already has down low, would be beneficial.

as far as only using the boost controller to read boost, I don't personally recomend it b/c it is hard to see the reading while driving, that's why gauges above-dash level are better, imo. but it can be set and run that way. 15psi or so seems to be about max for a wrx, but the STi may be able to run a bit more, .... I haven't really paid much attention to that b/c I don't have one.

Last edited by Nolimit; 09-10-2003 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:54 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
i gotta turbo xs MBC still in the box...
[dunno which one -- (the one that costs 129)]

but sounds like you're looking for an EBC ?
Old 09-11-2003, 07:43 PM

Car Info: toaster
EBC = electronic boost controller = adjusting boost from inside the cabin, among other things

MBC = pulling over on the side of the road to adjust boost.

Quick Reply: greddy profec bspec 2