Got Pulled Over!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Bushflyr
What are ya, new? It doesn't matter one whit whether the cop had you cold, even a marginal lawyer will get you off every time. At least make it so expensive for the state that they lose money prosecuting you. If everyone did that the state would have to look for different sources of revenue.
LOL...gotta love the newish member asking if Syk is new!

Yeah you MIGHT be correct but, how much does it cost for a lawyer to do all of that? Seeing that lawyers go for like $100 an hour I'm sure it'd cost more to have the lawyer do all of whatever you wrote for less than the ticket's price.

Oh and if everyone did this then why create speed limits and enforce them? Should we just have all of HI's crappy drivers going 100 mph in school zones? Just man up and pay the ticket.

Last edited by bpang1; 09-24-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:16 AM

Car Info: Bugeye Wagon - VF39'd
Originally Posted by bpang1
LOL...gotta love the newish member asking if Syk is new!

Yeah you MIGHT be correct but, how much does it cost for a lawyer to do all of that? Seeing that lawyers go for like $100 an hour I'm sure it'd cost more to have the lawyer do all of whatever you wrote for less than the ticket's price.

Oh and if everyone did this then why create speed limits and enforce them? Should we just have all of HI's crappy drivers going 100 mph in school zones? Just man up and pay the ticket.
It's an expression. Similar to did you just fall off the turnip truck? Actually, as to cost, the guy I used in WA charges a flat $200. In my circle of aquaintances he's gone 20:0. That's friends and FOF's we've referred to him.

The problem is not with speed limits, per se, the problem is creating absurdly low speed limits and using them as a source of revenue. 45 mph on H3 is the first one that comes to mind. No interchange, no on or off ramps, just a drop from 60 to 45. It's asinine. Many states *gasp* actually use scientific methods to determine realistic speed limits rather than arbitrarily throwing numbers out. Just because it's the law doesn't mean it's right. In a "free" society we have not only the right, but the duty to fight unjust laws.

Do what you will, but I've got a pair an I won't go down with out a fight.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
^^^The Turnip Truck?

Anyways, your point is valid...I never realized there was a problem with the change of speeds over there....45 does seem really slow.

Then again out here in Ohio we have 55 in town and 65 out of town on the highway.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 AM

Car Info: None.
Here's the thing... if you were speeding - which you seem to indicate by saying you were going 23mph over the posted speed limit... just pay the ticket. Put your big boy pants on, pay the fine, and move on. Just realize that they *will* hide down there. There's a limited line of sight, and it's a good "ambush" location for tickets. Drive around with a notepad and note the locations for a month. 9 out of 10 times they'll be in the same spot (at the same time). For some reason they LOVE the middle of the day - I've seen as many as 6 Solo Bike guys on the H-3 at noon. Why they're not there at midnight on Friday and Saturday nights I don't know. I guess it's easier to hassle the working crowd.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Car Info: Bugeye Wagon - VF39'd
They like mid day because it gives them an excuse to laze out in the shade. Leathers get hot in the sun.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:23 PM

Car Info: None.
On the H-3 heading towards Kaneohe... they used to hang out under the branches that went over the side of the road just before the Kailua exit. Once the highway maintenance guys trimmed them - boom. No more piggly wiggly.

One of the ones I saw that was fairly good - (only saw it a few times) was a guy sitting at the "top" H3 lookout. He was shooting laser all the way to where you crest the hill after the Kailua offramp (Kaneohe bound). At that point (jeez, 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile?) the beam is wiiiiiide. The only way they could really get a clear signal is if there's no traffic but you...err anyway... he's so far away that you can't see him unless you know where to look (they were on the onramp side of the lookout looking back over everything). As a former Marine I have to say that was some decent cover and concealment.

Just slow down. I'll be the first to admit I'm no angel, but with gas prices up above $3 it's much easier for me to just set the cruise control and listen to music. Helps keep the stress down too.