Going to yhe Hale Koa in Waikiki

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 02:33 PM

Car Info: 03 sedan 2nd wrx
Going to yhe Hale Koa in Waikiki

Hey just trying to start planing out our vacation we will be going in Aug. And are staying at the Hale Koa, but it's our first time Hawaii and I want to to some cool ****. But I dont want to get hosed for to much cash so any ideas of things to do will help out alot. 2nd Do you have any meets near by we may go to that would be cool. well peace out - Miguel BAIC
Old 05-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Howzit Miguel!

I'm going to the Hale Koa this weekend for a wedding reception...

It's at the very beginning of Waikiki - and you'll find plenty to do there!

How old are you? Coming with a wife/girlfriend or with your buds? What do you like to do? Drink? Dance? Both? Tourist stuff?
Old 05-29-2003, 03:12 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
I was wondering when will you be staying their because i called to make reservations for JUNE 18 and i got put on a waiting list have either of u been told this?
Old 05-29-2003, 06:57 PM
Pr0n King

Miguel,

PS - I lived in Concorde, CA for a while and went to school for 4 years in Sacramento. I used to bum around Travis and Mcclelland AFB's all the time (Air Force brat).
Old 05-30-2003, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
Howzit Miguel!

I'm going to the Hale Koa this weekend for a wedding reception...

It's at the very beginning of Waikiki - and you'll find plenty to do there!

How old are you? Coming with a wife/girlfriend or with your buds? What do you like to do? Drink? Dance? Both? Tourist stuff?
IS2 Hey whats up bro sorry I'm posting kind late. It's going to be me and the wife we want to do stuff likescuba/snorkoling going into some coves clubing and seeing all the sites including Pearl Harbor.
I want to go to some of the locoal places where not a tourist go.
A girl I work with is from Hawaii and says I look like I'm from there
and that I could get stuff for cheaper if I'm with some one who knows places to go. hahaha, I thought but she is serious. Well whatever is fun and cool I want to do and I really want to go to an I-CLUB meet or NASIOC meet so I can take pics.

peace bros - Miguel BAIC
Old 05-31-2003, 01:22 AM
Pr0n King

'Sup folks! I'm not too up on the tourist kind of stuff, but I'm sure other members would be willing to help...

If you're going to be here on a weekend lots of are at the dragstrip most every Friday (except tonight - I'm sick like a dog and am saving my energy for the drunkfest that's to come tomorrow night)...

You guys'll have fun!
Old 05-31-2003, 05:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Cool things to do

Go to the dragstrip. For entertainment, it's cheap. 8-bucks a person will get you in the gates for all night, and the food is cheap. It IS on the opposite end of the island from Waikiki, but that's only an hour drive with bad traffic. You can meet a bunch of the HIIC, and I'm sure that someone will let you get the Subbie fix that you'll probably need. (I need one now. This Malibu is KILLING ME!)

If you decide to go to the Arizona, GO EARLY. It gets full, fast.

Snorkeling is cool, and if you want a deal on equipment PM me with the days you'll need it, and I'll get it to you. Other people may have connections, too. A good place to snorkel is Hanauma Bay, but it is VERY touristy. Some guy's who've been here longer can tell you better spots.

If you want to learn to surf, cheap, go out to Barbers Point (located In the Vicinity Of the racetrack on the southwest corner of the island). Slow waves make for great learning, and good prices on boards/lessons.

I'm guessing you're going to rent a car, and that is good. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the tourist-busses or you can try to decipher TheBUS system. I don't recommned it.

It sounds like you're military, so you can get stuff LOTS cheaper at MWR. Luau's in particular.

I'm not the best source for this stuff (I like my computer just fine, thank you) but hopefully this will get you started.
-Greg
Old 05-31-2003, 09:48 PM

Sure will thank you and I'll be taking my laptop to post Thank you Miguel
Old 05-31-2003, 11:23 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
First thing, get off plane, ditch shoes and socks for slippah. No worries, they sell everywhere! You and Lisa will have fun!

Eat cheap. Go to drive-in for plate lunch. My favorite was Rainbow Drive-In in Honolulu (Kaimuki? Can't remember...).

For real Hawaiian food, go to Ono's Hawaiian Foods, also in Honolulu. Sometimes there is a line during the peak hours but the crowd is friendly. Kelly Hu eats there when she's back home.

Kinda touristy, but worth a trip to North Shore of Oahu to Matsumoto's Shave Ice. Not a snow cone, nor a Slushee, real Hawaiian shave ice is da kine. Nothing on the mainland compares because they don't take the time to make it right.

Also kinda fun is browsing the ABC stores along Kalakaua Ave in Waikiki. They are a Japan-based store that stocks everyday items as well as some weird JDM stuff.

And, yes, do go to drags with i-Club guys. Take pictures!

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush