going back in

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:42 AM

Car Info: 06 STi...300 Horses Slow
Smile going back in

hey guys i was in the marines living in hawaii not to long ago loving life but hating my job. i moved back to VA and it is not so cool. and i-club is real weak here no meets in my area, plus the weather sucks but im going into the army now and despertly trying to go back to hawaii. im going in as a X-ray tech and want to get station at tripiler so if any one has a connect or any thing to get me stationed there let me know

thanks guys
Old 03-12-2007, 11:09 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
How about the guard?

In Alaska, my friend is in the Air National Guard...Full time, not traditional...he gets like $65-$70K/year as an engine mechanic for C-130's...

I'm not sure what sort of positions are available, but to me, if you want to be guaranteed a permanent location, the guard units would be the best to approach...

I have several friends here in the Air National Guard and Army National Guard...All seem very happy, as the guard units tend to be much more relaxed and cool...

I was in the regular Air Force...after I signed the papers, I put Hawaii and West Coast on my dream sheet....well, I was stationed at Shaw AFB, South Carolina after tech school...I'm glad I was stationed there, but at the same time, they don't care where they send you...South Carolina was a great place...nice people...yeah, I enjoyed my stint in the Air Force...

Good luck man...
Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
The Air Guard is the way to go. You'll also not have to worry about being deployed as you would in the Army Guard. The technical knowledge gained from either part time or full time satus is great.

Full time avionics tecnicians here get paid about $70K/year, and that's enlisted! I was even thinking about joining at that kind of pay rate!