Get ready for some call of duty: black ops

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:54 PM

Car Info: Pasoi!
Originally Posted by bpang1
I am going to wait on this one to get some honest reviews before I buy it. I have been burned by Treyarch before.

Long story short, the basic way the COD franchise has been working for the last few game is that Infinity Ward would create the good version of the game and then Treyarch would pump out sequels or other versions like World at War. The only problem is they pump out crappy versions of the product. WaW was freakin' horrible (clunky, hits didn't register, etc.) that without the zombie mode it would've totally stunk. As such, I am no longer pre-ordering anything pumped out from Treyarch until they get a good review.

Anything Infinity Ward (or should I say the guys that used to run IW) makes I will always pre-order.
I dont agree with your statement. The way I see it is that IW makes a product that requires little or no skill for noobs to just totally ruin the game. After the patches and updates, world at war is a very challenging and yet fun game. I especially like the bolt action and the dedicated servers that it offered. I picked up MW2 for the ps3 and was really disappointed with the way it handled the multiplayer situation. When you actually get into a server, all you will hear is ether the wining of kids or mokes with their "bak out bak out", which boots you into the lobby again. If its not that, the host for what ever the reason rage quits and your left waiting again. Im not sure if its the same for the x360. Any fps is way more enjoyable if its done with a pc IMO.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:26 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
i ordered a prestige AND the hardened copy for 360... the mrs. and i like to play online together :-D

add me for those that havent already...

GT: KrIsToY
Old 11-01-2010, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by bpang1
I am going to wait on this one to get some honest reviews before I buy it. I have been burned by Treyarch before.

Long story short, the basic way the COD franchise has been working for the last few game is that Infinity Ward would create the good version of the game and then Treyarch would pump out sequels or other versions like World at War. The only problem is they pump out crappy versions of the product. WaW was freakin' horrible (clunky, hits didn't register, etc.) that without the zombie mode it would've totally stunk. As such, I am no longer pre-ordering anything pumped out from Treyarch until they get a good review.

Anything Infinity Ward (or should I say the guys that used to run IW) makes I will always pre-order.
I agree but i dunno if IW is gonna ever be the same anymore anyways. they lost alotta the main developers that were the reason behind MW2. Most of them went over to EA so the next battlefield should be sick!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:39 AM

Car Info: 04 sti
I think im going to wait a bit after the release of Black Ops to see how it does. I loved MWF2 but then Battlefield came out and I switched.

Playing Fable 3 right now.

G-Tag : stoopid zombie
Old 11-02-2010, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 2021 Crosstrek Sport
Still debating what system I should get it for. I like the graphics on the PS3 but, a lot of my friends are on 360. Decisions, decisions.
Maybe I'll just get it for both! Haha!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:52 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Debating if i should get it. I'm on PS3. I will hold out for a while. If anyone wants to add me on MW2, name is BetrayalG
Old 11-02-2010, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Aeros
I dont agree with your statement. The way I see it is that IW makes a product that requires little or no skill for noobs to just totally ruin the game. After the patches and updates, world at war is a very challenging and yet fun game. I especially like the bolt action and the dedicated servers that it offered. I picked up MW2 for the ps3 and was really disappointed with the way it handled the multiplayer situation. When you actually get into a server, all you will hear is ether the wining of kids or mokes with their "bak out bak out", which boots you into the lobby again. If its not that, the host for what ever the reason rage quits and your left waiting again. Im not sure if its the same for the x360. Any fps is way more enjoyable if its done with a pc IMO.
Well your assessment doesn't do much for me as I only play on PC. If you're playing a FPS on a console you're doing it wrong. WaW sucks ***...no patches could help that fail-gasm.

I do agree that the multiplayer was handled poorly in MW2 but that is more Activision's fault than IW.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 PM

I wanted to try a fps on a console because everybody else has one. But mw2 will be the last fps that i will ever get for any console.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:36 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
FableIII is pretty fun, I really like RPG's. Fable 2 is one of the only games I got all the achievements in, before they added the extra content. I'm not thrilled by the graphics in Fable3 but the story is good so far (only about 5 hours in), some of the decisions you make in the beginning of the game made me really think! I wanna replay it after im done and pick all the evil things, kill innocent people etc. As for now, allll good path.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Oh and the new XBL update, cool! ESPN WHATTT!? hah
Old 11-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
Same old game play like every COD made.
Just wait till you play online you'll be hating on the same campers and bs that was on the last 2 COD's.
imma stick to my BattleField BadCompany series and Medal of Honor, thats what real FPS play LOL.
Pluse COD has ****ty servers and the best player with good connection always win.
It takes a whole mag to kill a player, when others take only 3 bullets WTF.
btw PS3 is the best! Anyone want to play GT5?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 PM

Try playing on the pc.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:12 PM

Car Info: Mbp 02 wrx vf34/ra gears
Ok I'll let u guys know how the game is tomorrow...buahaha!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
The wife preordered mine for my bday
Old 11-02-2010, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 2021 Crosstrek Sport
Originally Posted by BattleD01
COD has ****ty servers and the best player with good connection always win.
It takes a whole mag to kill a player, when others take only 3 bullets WTF.
I feel you on that one. Sometimes I'm like 'WTF?!?! I got a headshot on him yet he took me out!!!'

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
The wife preordered mine for my bday
She's a keeper! Haha! Lucky Guy! I dunno if I'm early or late but, Happy Birthday!

Quick Reply: Get ready for some call of duty: black ops