G35 Coupe - OMG!!!!!!!! woo WOOOOO!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 04:28 AM

I wish I had enough money to even dream of making the hard decision between the 35 and STI...... Dan and Peanut

But if I had the money I'd go STi all the way, reason is I'm young, don't need luxury right now, and want a car I can drive the **** out of, Plus like mike, I don't give a **** about everyday driving

Last edited by islandx; 04-27-2003 at 04:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:34 AM

Oh and peanut, get the coupe, the sedan is uglier than sin.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:52 AM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by gpatmac
WOOO WOOO is right!!

I got behind one on the KAM through PC. Beautiful.

I tried to keep a bit of a distance so he wouldn't think I was trying to scope him out and maybe race.

Street racing is bad, boys & girls.
Same here Pat, that silver sport coupe I saw was damn sweet. Jesus, I had a couple second thought of "Hmm, what was I thinking..." me being the big racer I am and seeing how comfortable the ride was in the G35. Oh well, all is good in the world and peace will overcome all, or something like that.

If anyone does get the G35 DO NOT take me for a ride, I wont cry out loud, but might a little bit inside. I do like the rougher ride and all and the sorta outright sport feel of the STi, but there are times when a nice smooth ride AND sleeper power would be nice.

Too many decisions in life I guess, but Im happy...
Old 04-27-2003, 06:53 AM

Originally posted by islandx
But if I had the money I'd go STi all the way, reason is I'm young, don't need luxury right now, and want a car I can drive the **** out of, Plus like mike, I don't give a **** about everyday driving
My thoughts exactly. If I lived on the mainland I think I would have gotten the G35 in a second. Then I could drive comfortably anywhere in the US, but here, heck I never drive more than 45 or so miles at a time (cept for lately) and the STi is great for that. I get sleepy driving anyways, so something as plush and comfortable as the G35 would put me to sleep...
Old 04-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by DaveWRX
My thoughts exactly. If I lived on the mainland I think I would have gotten the G35 in a second. Then I could drive comfortably anywhere in the US, but here, heck I never drive more than 45 or so miles at a time (cept for lately) and the STi is great for that. I get sleepy driving anyways, so something as plush and comfortable as the G35 would put me to sleep...

The ride is not that soft. It has huge 18"s on it and the suspension is hard, but a little forgiving. The seats are very firm, not mushy like in other luxury cars. I can wait to put one around some cones.

Plus, if you got a little sleepy all you'd have to do is turn the VDC off! wooo WOOOOOO!

I'm not trying to take anything way from the STi, the car f-ing rocks. If I could could have 2 cars the STi would be one of them, then a G35 coupe. But I can only have 1.

And after 2-3 years I think the G35 would be the better one to have.

Last edited by Mach5WRX; 04-27-2003 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
The ride is not that soft. It has huge 18"s on it and the suspension is hard, but a little forgiving. The seats are very firm, not mushy like in other luxury cars. I can wait to put one around some cones.

Plus, if you got a little sleepy all you'd have to do is turn the VDC off! wooo WOOOOOO!

I'm not trying to take anything way from the STi, the car f-ing rocks. If I could could have 2 cars the STi would be one of them, then a G35 coupe. But I can only have 1.

And after 2-3 years I think the G35 would be the better one to have.
Im afraid to ride in the G35 now. Hah. Everything I have heard its just amazing. I gotta agree that long term I bet the G35 is the one to have, but oh well. In 2-3 years give me a call and see how I feel about the STi. For now tho Im happy as can be.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:57 PM

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet... but I'd feel a lot more comfortable parking a G35 rather than a STI. Seems that vandals and punks pass up on the "classier" type cars, like the G35. These guys usually target cars that appeal to the youth market, because it's cars that these young punks usually can't afford. Jealousy plain and simple. They don't care about causing damage and pissing off middle aged people who drive BMWs, Merecedes, Lexus, or Infinitis. They want to inflict pain on the younger folk, like them, that typically drive an RSX, WRX, or STI I'd still get an STI over a G35, but I'd never leave it parked somewhere in public for more than 5 minutes.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by hiwrx
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet... but I'd feel a lot more comfortable parking a G35 rather than a STI. Seems that vandals and punks pass up on the "classier" type cars, like the G35. These guys usually target cars that appeal to the youth market, because it's cars that these young punks usually can't afford. Jealousy plain and simple. They don't care about causing damage and pissing off middle aged people who drive BMWs, Merecedes, Lexus, or Infinitis. They want to inflict pain on the younger folk, like them, that typically drive an RSX, WRX, or STI I'd still get an STI over a G35, but I'd never leave it parked somewhere in public for more than 5 minutes.
Agreed, I always take the Blazer to the malls. Stupid since you should be able to drive your car wherever. Oh well. I even hated parking it in Waikele for more than 30 mins. What can you do tho. If something happens it happens. I will cry, but gotta be prepared I guess...

Sometimes it would be so much simpler if I didnt like sports cars...
Old 04-27-2003, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Originally posted by DaveWRX
Agreed, I always take the Blazer to the malls. Stupid since you should be able to drive your car wherever. Oh well. I even hated parking it in Waikele for more than 30 mins. What can you do tho. If something happens it happens. I will cry, but gotta be prepared I guess...

Sometimes it would be so much simpler if I didnt like sports cars...
I went to Sorabol yesterday afternoon... there was a guy sitting on the curb outside ogling my car... I was EXTREMELY uncomfortable, but the food was AWESOME! Great Kimchi!
Old 04-27-2003, 05:03 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
I've driven all three (STi, G35 coupe and G35 sedan)...now you guys know what a problem I have...
Old 04-27-2003, 06:14 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
ohhhh great there goes my desire to get a g35
now everyone wants one
Old 04-28-2003, 01:47 AM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
G35 coupe = beautiful
G35 coupe +

= the total package
Old 04-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Angry Dan

I keep hearing that the G35's/350z will be supercharged from the factory soon. Just can't find any real info on it.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:38 PM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
I'm hoping that one day in the semi-near-future. Nissan decides to bring over the GTR. If so, ITS MINE - AND NO WIFE WILL TALK ME OUT OF IT PERIOD!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Angry Dan

Once again......"They" say nissan want's to make the next GT-R for the international market.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe - OMG!!!!!!!! woo WOOOOO!