Friday Meet, 3/07/08, WARD Starbucks @ 9:00pm

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by 04silverWRXSTI
Tonight was a great turn out
Nice too finally meet you and Neil!!Sick **** wheels bro Ill give you a call tomorrows about the BBS wheels!! Any hassles on your way home??

Originally Posted by 4080wrx
yeah big turn out tonight...lots of old and new faces
Jess, i wanted to talk to you and ds baruu about the swap but was trying to catch up with everyone and how they are doing, and stories here and there..My bad, maybe at the next meet..

Jon, what happened?? Another victimized case?? Too early for meet quota for 5.0... Hope it was just 1 ticket and not the typical Officer Hunt style.. Too bad the crowd next to us all was being negative on our rides!!Oh well...

On a side note, nice to meet the old & new faces and to catch up on things.. To the other sedan conversion wagon(Joel I think), sorry I never introduced myself..Bad manners and shame on me.. My name is walter by the way..
Old 03-08-2008, 09:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
i was too tired to drive back into town...hope everyone had a great time!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by dub81
Jon, what happened?? Another victimized case?? Too early for meet quota for 5.0... Hope it was just 1 ticket and not the typical Officer Hunt style.. Too bad the crowd next to us all was being negative on our rides!!Oh well...
Well if you're referring my incident with the local Sheriffs... They pulled me over for an UNSAFE LANE CHANGE even though I had my blinker on when changing lanes. I was like OMFG. I wasn't speeding, I wasn't weaving in and out of traffic. He was hugging my blind spot. He didn't pull me over when I got in front of him but rather waited until I came to a complete stop at a NEXT stop light. His partner then steps out from the passenger side of the vehicle only to stop at my passenger side rear quarter panel with his flash light looking inside my car. When I questioned what seems to be the problem he refers me to his partner which is doing the same thing on my drivers side. I ask the same question and without answering my question he asks if I have recon. I was like OMFG he didn't. I said I don't need recon since my car is legal and is completely OEM from Subaru. He contested my wing and after telling him it's OEM and offering to unbolt it to show him he states why do I have a 3rd brake light on my rear dash. i replied it's a crime to be safe? Needless to say after the continued harassment for about 20 minutes of looking over my entire car they couldn't find anything that wasn't subaru made on my car (externally, if they looked under the hood or in the car it's all Subaru anyway). After not being able to find anything to get me for they state "everything checks out (like it wouldn't)" and we really pulled you over for an unsafe lane change and that we felt it was a lack of respect for you to pull in front of us. Keep in mind that I didn't peel out in front of them or anything, I was going speed limit with my blinker on and changed lanes since my turn was coming up and they were hugging my blind spot.

NO TICKET FOR ME just a ruined night and a further understanding my law enforcement isn't respected.

Jon

Last edited by iNfEk; 03-08-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
oh i forgot to add that while questioning me about my wing the guy shinned his flash light in my face as if i were lying and to check if my eyes if they were dilated.

I guess this is how it goes since Sheriffs have a small jurisdiction area in Hawaii. I believe it's only within the pier area and near the airport.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:39 PM

Car Info: Pasoi!
I got pulled over this past wensday at the airport by the sheriffs. Second time by them and they both let me off with a warning. I think that the airport sheriffs are cool with airport employees. By no means that im goina use that to abuse the system. Both times I admit i did things subconsciously to get tickets. Still it sucks to get pulled over......
Old 03-08-2008, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
wow jon thats messed up i guess their running out of warrants to serve didnt know the state is turning the sheriffs into traffic cops now wtf?? i would figure that they have bigger fish to fry but i guess not huh?? anyways sorry to hear that....and yeah what a killer turn out!!! was nice to meet all the guys i havent met yet and hope to see you all out at the next meet..and wanted to thank all you guys and girls for showing my wife and youngin a good time and some sick cars!!!! bran i gotta say i love your ride man!!!! such a sweet wagon!! saw a couple of other really nice set ups too and like i said i hope to see you all at the next meet peace
Warren
Old 03-08-2008, 02:50 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by alienbreed69
wow jon thats messed up i guess their running out of warrants to serve didnt know the state is turning the sheriffs into traffic cops now wtf?? i would figure that they have bigger fish to fry but i guess not huh?? anyways sorry to hear that....and yeah what a killer turn out!!! was nice to meet all the guys i havent met yet and hope to see you all out at the next meet..and wanted to thank all you guys and girls for showing my wife and youngin a good time and some sick cars!!!! bran i gotta say i love your ride man!!!! such a sweet wagon!! saw a couple of other really nice set ups too and like i said i hope to see you all at the next meet peace
Warren
Thanks Warren. I think your next "project" should be talking the wifey into letting you pick up that '08 STi. It's sort of a wagon....
Old 03-08-2008, 02:53 PM

^^hahahaha weve already discussed that option but its all about the cha ching if ya know what i mean one day though thats for sure!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
STi family ftw! It'd be sweet if both you and your wife drove STis, that would be so badass, and yea, sheriffs that patrol the airport area are jerks, one time me and my friend got harrassed for "loitering" in the L&L parking lot even though L&L was STILL OPEN
Old 03-08-2008, 03:32 PM

^^^soon to be reality shes driving davids old car right now 91 turbo leggy with sti pinks does that count hahahahaha but if i do get into the 08 sti im sure shell end up with mine and that would be pretty sweet!!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:22 PM

Car Info: Black 05 STi
That sucks Jon. I think they purposely do stuff like that sometimes just to kinda see what you'll do. They throw their badges around too much.

b.s.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
Yeah Friday afternoon i got a ticket for unsafe lane change. Silver G35, I almost missed my exit (punchbowl) in traffic, and saw an opening so i took it. Then i see him behind me. He was kinda *****-like. I was in such a sour mood that i didn't want to sign it. You guys ever not sign a ticket?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:01 AM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
I think they make you sign the ticket so its saying they actually gave you the ticket instead of just acting like they were making up tickets that they didnt hand out, if that makes sense.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Jon, you handled it pretty well. Patience is definitley a virtue for you (20minutes)! Main thing you didn't get a ticket.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by 808subaru
Yeah Friday afternoon i got a ticket for unsafe lane change. Silver G35, I almost missed my exit (punchbowl) in traffic, and saw an opening so i took it. Then i see him behind me. He was kinda *****-like. I was in such a sour mood that i didn't want to sign it. You guys ever not sign a ticket?
totally depends on the cop if he or she is cool and just doing their job ill sign it but if theyre TRYING to be a doo doo head ill pull attitude and not sign.......i love the look on a donkey cops face when i refuse to sign......friggin priceless!!

Quick Reply: Friday Meet, 3/07/08, WARD Starbucks @ 9:00pm