Fine dining on O'ahu

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:16 AM

Car Info: ?
Donato's in Manoa has an awesome sirlion steak, if you decide to go their request the Chocolate Souffle at the beginning of the order as they only have limited quantities (this was when they first opened)

Verbano's in Kaimuki also has a very nice atmosphere and a nice selection of Italian foods and wines
Old 06-06-2005, 08:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Hmmm, Hiroshi's eh? Thanks for the heads up Mister 2, I didn't realize that the head chef left L'Uraku

San, sokka sokka? That's not too surprising an evaluation when I think about it now (especially considering that I'm from San Francisco haha). I always thought casual dining was O'ahu's strong point anyway And plus one for schoolgirls!

I'm thinking that maybe I should just take my mom to one of the hotel buffets in Waikiki instead. It's easier and I know that there's a few really good ones. Kinda th' lame way out yeah?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:20 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Choku Dori,

If the hotel buffet is going to be the answer, I hear the Hawaii Prince Hotel lunch buffet is good (956-1111, 100 Holomoana St, near Red Lobster)). Crab legs, seafood, etc. Haven't personally had it, but you're looking at a bit less than $30 per person. You're looking for the Prince Court. Also heard the hotel with the huge aquarium is pretty good. Again, haven't tried it personally. Personally, if I could find some some truck-stop style ginger-fried pork/onions on rice with seaweed and a raw egg on top, I'd be all over it. Gyoza and Japanese Asahi (not this lame crap we get) on the side. Kirei nihon'jin gakusei oishii des ne? So des. Anata no nihongo joozu ja nai! Gomenasai!

San
Old 06-07-2005, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

The one with the huge acquarium is the Oceanarium at the Pacific Beach Hotel. It's a tasty one! I was planning to go to the Sheraton Waikiki though, 'cuz that one's kick ****!
I'll have to try the Prince Hotel too, that sounds good!

Ah, gyoza to asahi nama biiru, chikkyu no rakuen kanaa? Iya iya, kirei na nihonjin no onna no ko to issho ni tabete nomuno ga rakuen da ze!
Old 06-07-2005, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
The one with the huge acquarium is the Oceanarium at the Pacific Beach Hotel. It's a tasty one! I was planning to go to the Sheraton Waikiki though, 'cuz that one's kick ****!
I'll have to try the Prince Hotel too, that sounds good!

Ah, gyoza to asahi nama biiru, chikkyu no rakuen kanaa? Iya iya, kirei na nihonjin no onna no ko to issho ni tabete nomuno ga rakuen da ze!
Sheraton Waikiki is nice fo sho. Never been to any Prince hotel cept the Hapuna Prince and it's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:10 AM
VIP Member

Ho Jacob, Sheraton Waikiki on a Tuesday night, canno' be beat! Rack of lamb, forearm-sized shrimp, paniolo BBQ beef ribs, JDM gals that can grind more than me but weigh less than half my weight, YEAH!!!!