Eviction of Kalaeloa Raceway Park? Support KRP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
Regarding the statistical data, there are no concrete records available to show an increase in street racing and the correlation of the closure of the park. We've already looked into it. Regardless, we tend to shy away from using that because it's just not the angle of approach...we're not trying to threaten anyone over it. But we do think that driver education is extremely imporant, and having a facility will curb street racing more than not having one will. It's hard to ignore that fact...

The word so far we've received from our Attorney is that DHHL is rescinding the letter of eviction due to a miscommunication. We are going to suspend events for November until we meet with DHHL per agreement.

As for now, though, we don't have any official papers in hand saying as such, so we're taking the same stance we've held for the majority of today in that we are being evicted. In addition, DHHL has cancelled our appearance before Hawaiian Homes Commission, so we won't be able to address them on this issue publically. That's all we've gotten so far...I'll be posting more info as soon as we receive it. We're not sure why this has happened, only that we believe it has alot to do with public pressure and for our benefit. Apparently, there was quite an uproar and the right people got a call.

We ask that everyone continue to send in letters of support, because this is not as straight-up as it seems, but we're very happy if a bit breathless at the sudden turn of events.

More to come...mahalo so much for your support, everyone. We'll keep moving forward.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by ArchangelX
Regarding the statistical data, there are no concrete records available to show an increase in street racing and the correlation of the closure of the park. We've already looked into it. Regardless, we tend to shy away from using that because it's just not the angle of approach...we're not trying to threaten anyone over it. But we do think that driver education is extremely imporant, and having a facility will curb street racing more than not having one will. It's hard to ignore that fact...

The word so far we've received from our Attorney is that DHHL is rescinding the letter of eviction due to a miscommunication. We are going to suspend events for November until we meet with DHHL per agreement.

As for now, though, we don't have any official papers in hand saying as such, so we're taking the same stance we've held for the majority of today in that we are being evicted. In addition, DHHL has cancelled our appearance before Hawaiian Homes Commission, so we won't be able to address them on this issue publically. That's all we've gotten so far...I'll be posting more info as soon as we receive it. We're not sure why this has happened, only that we believe it has alot to do with public pressure and for our benefit. Apparently, there was quite an uproar and the right people got a call.

We ask that everyone continue to send in letters of support, because this is not as straight-up as it seems, but we're very happy if a bit breathless at the sudden turn of events.

More to come...mahalo so much for your support, everyone. We'll keep moving forward.
Hey Mike,

By any chance you could give me a call whenever your "free" or you could email me the petition form so we can have our subie enthusiats sign it at the AUW 2010 event..
Old 10-14-2010, 01:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI

i think DHHL and the other KRP detractors just want to prove a point and say that "we can shut you down whenever we want to". if this is the scare tactic that they want to pursue, then they probably underestimated the supporters for KRP. maybe we should teach these guys what they teach kids in school, "SAY NO TO BULLYING!".
Old 10-14-2010, 01:28 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Originally Posted by kolohe_04sti
i think DHHL and the other KRP detractors just want to prove a point and say that "we can shut you down whenever we want to". if this is the scare tactic that they want to pursue, then they probably underestimated the supporters for KRP. maybe we should teach these guys what they teach kids in school, "SAY NO TO BULLYING!".

Damn straight!!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:03 AM

Sure Dub...little crazy right now, but sometime tomorrow.

Thanks all!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:49 AM
VIP Member

Sure Dub...little crazy right now, but sometime tomorrow.

Thanks all!
Awesome mike!! thanks
Old 10-14-2010, 01:31 PM

Here's the petition guys...Thanks!

http://www.kalaeloaracewaypark.com/m...RPPetition.pdf
Old 10-14-2010, 01:46 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
When would you need these petitions turned in by? I might be able to put one on the counter at our store.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Well, before Oct 27th.

MAJOR UPDATE!

The purse for Hula-X is insane!

Fastest car on the track gets $1000 buckaroos! 2nd fastest = $300, 3rd fastest = $200. Only rule is no unlimited vehicles, ie, only stock/modified vehicles!

So again:

1st Place/Fastest Lap Time = $1000
2nd Place/2nd Fastest Lap Time = $300
3rd Place/3rd Fastest Lap Time = $200

We had a great driver's meeting for both the Hula-X & Powderpuff Demo Derby. Everyone is excited and watching the demo run by Koa was awesome! The tabletop jump & mudpit is really gonna make the crowd go crazy! Everytime he landed off of the tabletop there was nothing but "Ooooh..." from the crowd. Great stuff!

Remember, this is run what you brung...it just needs to have wheels and be of sound construction. Helmet, Long pants, closed-shoes and just come and bring it!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:09 AM
VIP Member

Awesome Mike, Ill print this out and have each member sign it @ AUW 2010. Your coming? I know your super duper busy but just want to extend it to you again
Old 10-15-2010, 10:01 AM

If I can make it, I will...I know I'm already beat and we haven't even held the event yet. Lotsa prep work. Today, we're putting the red chevrons on the barricades. Doh.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Hey Archangel...you can tell the politicians that if a little town like Spokane, WA can have a 2-3 tracks then so can Honolulu.