Eviction of Kalaeloa Raceway Park? Support KRP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 PM

Car Info: 1995 dodge neon
I'm working on my letter now. Let me know what you think of my original draft.

To whom it may concern:

Willingly declining to support a safe motorsports facility parallels promoting unsafe public street racing and the dangers involved. How many more crosses do we need to put on the side of the road?

I own fast cars. I feel the need to drive them in a very spirited manner, one place or another mother fu(ker. I understand the danger and I am willing to die doing so, yet I would prefer to do it somewhere safer where I hopefully will not slaughter old ladies crossing the street.

I am not a teenager new to driving or a careless driver. I have a clean driving abstract. I have raced cars, legally, in multiple states. The lack of a proper facility is almost asking for illegal racing. I would like the names and addresses of anyone who opposes a motorsports facility. It seems only fair to block off the streets in front of their homes and race there, hopefully running over and dismembering their dogs and small children.

There are countless places for people to drive slowly (parking lots, public streets, H1, H2, H3) and I am against people driving slowly (***** gobblers). Should we close those places just because a few people don’t like them?

Freedom is disappearing and we are allowing it to happen. I hope I don't live to see the day when a people arent allowed to wear green shirts in public just because a couple of people don't like it.

If the people of oahu are going to ban something, it should be "skinny jeans".
The look terrible on girls, I don't know where they ever got the idea that they look good. Guys wearing them....should just have their butt's kicked on sight, and their gay single speed bikes, macbook air's, and eyeliner bottles crushed.

I respectfully ask for any help and support you can give to make this project a reality as quickly as possible.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Name:  DHHL.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  35.7 KB
Old 10-13-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by haole-pino
+10
Old 10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by spinplay01

To whom it may concern:

Willingly declining to support a safe motorsports facility parallels promoting unsafe public street racing and the dangers involved. How many more crosses do we need to put on the side of the road?

I own fast cars. I feel the need to drive them in a very spirited manner, one place or another mother fu(ker. I understand the danger and I am willing to die doing so, yet I would prefer to do it somewhere safer where I hopefully will not slaughter old ladies crossing the street.

I am not a teenager new to driving or a careless driver. I have a clean driving abstract. I have raced cars, legally, in multiple states. The lack of a proper facility is almost asking for illegal racing. I would like the names and addresses of anyone who opposes a motorsports facility. It seems only fair to block off the streets in front of their homes and race there, hopefully running over and dismembering their dogs and small children.

There are countless places for people to drive slowly (parking lots, public streets, H1, H2, H3) and I am against people driving slowly (***** gobblers). Should we close those places just because a few people don’t like them?

Freedom is disappearing and we are allowing it to happen. I hope I don't live to see the day when a people arent allowed to wear green shirts in public just because a couple of people don't like it.

The look terrible on girls, I don't know where they ever got the idea that they look good. Guys wearing them....should just have their butt's kicked on sight, and their gay single speed bikes, macbook air's, and eyeliner bottles crushed.

I respectfully ask for any help and support you can give to make this project a reality as quickly as possible.
Win!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Pulled this off of the the DHHL site

"Mission Statement: To manage the Hawaiian Home Lands trust effectively and to develop and deliver lands to native Hawaiians. We will partner with others towards developing self-sufficient and healthy communities."

Highlighted in red should explain it all. To me it sounds like the native Hawaiians are b*itching again about the Aina that was taken from them.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM

Car Info: STI
Although this does suck, and although I haven't really been involved with this issue, but as for the rhetoric regarding deaths from racing and reckless driving, and the encroachment on personal freedoms, does anyone have significant data to support these types of claims? I'm not producing a counterargument, but I'd like to know if there are supporting facts.

My fear would be that, if you dig up data on vehicle related (or racing related) deaths and accidents (racing related) prior to the track closure and compare that to data after the track closure, it may be the opposite. I don't know if this is a fact, but I would think knowing would be good.

That would be my biggest fear if I were going to lobby with that type of rhetoric. Someone has to do the fact checking because if the call you on it, it sort of destroys the credibility of all the written letters, and the burden of proof is not on them; it's with the letter writers. They don't really have to prove much of anything.

And last, I'm not sure if the DHHL would really buy into this type of rhetoric either. Their mission is not to serve the public.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx with hta68 1994 Honda accord h22a
It should be they look terrible instead of the Chad. Lol

Originally Posted by spinplay01

To whom it may concern:

Old 10-13-2010, 03:15 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
reido has a good point. I wonder if that sort of research has been done by now?

Either way, I sent in a letter supporting a track, not so much stopping street racing.

Thanks for everything you KRP and BTT volunteers have done, obviously none of this would have been possible without you guys.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:19 PM

haha. I was joking guys. Please, please do not write anything the makes it seem as if they are at fault for anything.

The worst thing you can do in any type of dissagreement (that you want to win) is place blame, offend, or make the other party upset.

We need to find the exact reason for not allowing the track to be open.
We should AGREE with their findings/reasoning and then after that, express a different way of looking at things and propose mutually beneficial solutions.

As usual, I agree with Reid. Homework shold be done. Without being the more informed side of the arguement, we are asking for disaster.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
I am continuously befuddled how the government and other interests get away with crap like this that so obviously benefits nobody but themselves.

Kind of like how we redo, and patch our roadways incorrectly instead of ripping them up and doing it right. Once. Versus redoing over and over. Wonder who okayed that gem of an idea.

I know there are motorsports enthusiasts here on the islands, instead of renting or working on borrowed land, why don't we band together and buy it? There has got to be some local companies that would benefit from such a facility, food stands, ect... I'm sure it wouldn't be that easy and of course there is a very limited amount of land on the island.... What's the largest obstacle to overcome? Insurance? Noise?

Last edited by Krang; 10-13-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:32 PM

Car Info: Pasoi!
On the 5 o-clock news, they said that the eviction notice was a "miscommunication" and that they withdrew their notice. Still something seems fishy.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Originally Posted by Aeros
On the 5 o-clock news, they said that the eviction notice was a "miscommunication" and that they withdrew their notice. Still something seems fishy.
Fishy for sure, but still good news!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by YuudaiSTI
Fishy for sure, but still good news!
Definitely. No worries... FOR NOW...
Old 10-13-2010, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Prob just testing our reaction time. Or waiting until after the commission!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:43 PM

Car Info: 1998 RS STi
Maybe they drafted the Eviction Notice to put on the side before the first event just in case KRP screwed up big time?
And by "*miscommunication*" it got mailed?

Quick Reply: Eviction of Kalaeloa Raceway Park? Support KRP!