ever ordered from hypersports?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 PM

Location: mr. police officer,im not as think as you drunk i am....
Car Info: 02 wrx
Question ever ordered from hypersports?

i ordered a radiator w/fans for the rex on 11/6/04. its been almost a month since i've ordered it and every time i call to talk to **** they tell me he's either helping somebody, on the other line or my favorite, downstairs. WTF!!!

Last edited by 1tyme; 11-29-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Want me to go in and ask since I live 5 minutes away?
Old 11-29-2004, 11:49 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
I NEVER ORDER FROM THEM! THEY ALWAYS SCREW PEOPLE OVER.

They sold my brother a "COMPLETE" motor (SR20DET/auto) but everything wasn't there and it wasn't complete. Also they ensured that the motor was running but a few days after we got it sludge poured out of turbo turbine area. Also the belt tension screws/brackets were bent...etc.

To make a long story short they were asked to get the right parts to get this thing all together but they ended up giving him the wrong pieces and no one seemed to know what was going on except the guy that ordered the motor.

You might want to check to see if they actually ordered it!

good luck!

Jon
Old 11-30-2004, 02:38 AM

Car Info: Rust bucketo
I've heard a lot of negative sh*t about hypersports... you must need da hook-ups.

Most normal paying individuals looking for an honest purchase have to go down a long a$$ road to get their parts... Then again, SOMETIMES, everything does go as planned. ironic . . .
Old 11-30-2004, 03:03 AM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
I hate to say it but ever since Ross took over it has gotten worse. When Chad and Mike an the show **** was different.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:46 AM

Car Info: 07' Saleen SC281
I can't wait to see how long it's going to take Ross to get me another driver's side front strut for my STi. I recently got my STi "pink" springs in the mail 2 weeks ago and was looking forward to installing them. I live in Ewa so I went to the Ewa Checker to rent a strut spring compresor. Their tool was broken and the guy behind the counter called every other Checker on the island and no strut spring compressor was to be found. After being P.O.ed by the lack of all the Checker stores on the island not having a spring compressor I went to HyperSport. Ross quoted me a price of 150 to do all the springs. I did'nt think that was to bad so I let them do the job. After I got the car back home it started making a wierd clicking sound every time I turned lock to lock. I called Ross on a Thursday and he told me nobody would be able to look at the car untill Monday. My STi is my everyday car so I had to continue driving it untill Monday. All through the weekend the noise was getting worse and I stopped driving the car. Monday, as I was backing out my driveway, something let loose on the drivers side. As I pulled back in the garage and popped the hood, the rubber cap that goes on top the strut covering the top nut had came off and so did the nut - both were laying on top the strut tower. Upon further inspection, the threads that the nut screws onto were totally rounded to smooth metal about halfway down the threaded stud. Right where the threads were stripped, the whole stud was bent slightly. My friend and I went back to Checker to see if they got a new spring compressor and they did'nt, instead they directed us to the Kailuia store which had 1 compressor. After we went to Kaliua and got the compressor we took the strut out and found that the top of it was totally screwed up. My friend managed to get it back together and get the nut at the top semi-tight. When the nut hits that smoothed out spot, it just spins and will not tighten. I took the car back to HyperSport and after Ross sent a mechanic to look at it, he agreed to pay for a new strut.
I'm not pissed at Ross but I am pissed at the shadetree mechanic that f@!#ed up my car and let it go. What a SOB not owning up to his mistake when he did it. I'm so glad that the nut did'nt come off all the way while I was driving - I'd hate to see what that may have caused. Ross is a pretty cool guy and I'm glad he agreed to pay for another stut but if that's the caliber mechanics he has working for him - I'm kinda skeptical about letting them touch my car again.
HyperSport also ripped me on my HKS Carbon/Ti catback. They charged me 9 bills for the catback and 60 bucks for shipping. I should have looked on the internet first. I deal with Mauromotorsports alot and Anthony could have gotten me that same exhaust deliverd here to Hawaii for 818 using 2nd day air. I know this has been a little long, but I thought I'd share it anyways.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:46 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Should have posted up you needed help I have spring compressors and have swapped out a few springs. They probably stripped the threads when they were smokeing that nut on with a impact gun...
Old 11-30-2004, 08:50 AM

Sad to say, but local shops are the very LAST resort to get parts. Unfortunately, the local shops can't compete with mainland vendors. Lot to do with the high overhead, shipping costs, yadda yadda yadda...
Never, ever go to Where's My Refund
Old 11-30-2004, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx green
i ordered some blitz parts in march of 04 and i went in there the beginging of november and they said that they never recieved there blitz shipment in and asked if i still wanted to wait for my **** grrrrrrrrrrrr bad customer service!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 11:20 AM

my friend had a civic type R motor conversion...cost almost 8K for everything....they did the swap but never got in the ECU...so he's been running the stock ECU with a type R motor for about 2 years now...i would never go there personally....i only trust SpeedGear and Sonics...

Hugh
Old 11-30-2004, 12:46 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
my brother-in-law is also a victim. He got a sohc vtec w/turbo installed and they took over 7 weeks to do the work. Then he had to take it back because they used black tape for some of the wires and the wires were a tangled mess. The car also ran like S@#$ when they gave it back to him and they ended up working on it for another 2 weeks. To make all of that even worse, when they gave him his car back it had no gas. And I don't mean it was full and now it is on E. He couldn't even make it to a gas station...He ran out of gas on the same street as Hyper and had to buy a gas can and feed his car. Now after about 4k miles the car smokes like crazy.....F- for Hyper, I would not even let them wash my car or even stare and drool at it. For ordering parts I would rather do my own ordering on-line.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
OMFG!! i think playa7 got the meanest run-a-rounds from them... something like they were supposed to order his vf34 turbo kit and when it came in, they supposedly sold it to someone else and has been waiting ever since..... theres alot more to this story... take it away playa7......
Old 11-30-2004, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
wow hypersports suck
Old 11-30-2004, 05:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
So sad...they used to be pretty good.

How could they possibly think they could run their company like this? Don't they know that it's a small island and the word eventually spreads?
Old 11-30-2004, 05:53 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
I tell u..its all Ross/s fault...Travis is a pretty good mechanic and tuner but he is all alone it seems. All the talent there left for bigger and better things.

Quick Reply: ever ordered from hypersports?