Don't eat at L&L - Airport...found maggots in the food!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Byron's is still the truth!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:48 PM

Car Info: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
Originally Posted by playa7
Pearl Harbor L&Ls gots some health problems as well, you guys ever tried "Flies in your Fries!" me and a bunch of my co-workers were sharing some fries then all of a sudden at the bottom of the bag we found what we thought were burnt fries, upon further investigation turns out it was a shiet load of deep fried FLIES!...i showed the manager and all he said was "what found some critters?" "would you like more fries?" sheesh its no surprise that they lost the contract to serve food at Pearl Harbor.
That happened to me too LOL. They don't taste all that bad w/ a lot of ketchup

j/k
Old 10-19-2004, 12:48 AM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
okay thats ****ed up. at kahala's l&l, i got food poisoning from their lemon chicken. my suggestion is that if any of you get sick of any sorts go to the emergency room stat! get a doctor's note along with it's diagnosis and send/show that paper to the owner of l&ls. call your lawyer. also do not accept anything from l&ls, any kind of complimentary stuff. it's like saying your forgiving them for their stupidity. sorry that this happened. be healthy.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:46 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
yeah, i got shigellosis (sp?) at the ala moana one. (that's the sh*ts in your food). the cashier was the cooks wife or girlfriend, and she was really nice to me. i guess he was jealous as when i walked out to my car, i seen him standing by the back door behind the screen pounding his cleaver in his hand. i shoulda figured that was a hint from the start. nomo L&L's for me anymore. oh yeah, i was with crazy when she ate lemon chicken. it's not fun getting food poisoning, or sh*t in your food either. good luck, sue eddies pants off!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 02:47 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by Mister 2
That happened to me too LOL. They don't taste all that bad w/ a lot of ketchup

j/k

more like "more flies"..... man das f'd up
Old 10-19-2004, 03:34 AM

more gross restaurant stories:

the story of the hairy spicy tuna

a few months ago, i ordered a spicy tuna handroll from aloha sushi in dillingham. i took a bite and then looked at it, when i saw a hair sticking out of it. disgusted, i opened the whole thing up to find all the fish ENTWINED IN HAIR! i was so pissed and grossed out, i took it back and showed the worker there. the lady started handing me a new one. i told her i don't want any more of their food...just give me my money back. i'll never go back there again!

i wish i took a photo of it.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
Eww, Thats Fricking Gross Yo.. Cha Ching!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 05:32 PM

well I’m not trying to defend L&L, but a lot of restaurants fancy and normal are dirty as hell in their kitchen...i work at a delivery service and we delivery for over 36 different restaurants....i can give you some names of the places where you should not go...it really depends on the people working there...the owner can't be there 24/7...but it is the owners job to fire any incompetent managers that let their staff slack off and not do their job of keeping the place clean. Keeping a restaurant clean is a *****…my parents owned 2 on the mainland and we would stay till 3 in the morning twice a week to do a full detail job in the kitchen, everything had to bleached and scrubbed spotless… But anyways, finding maggots in your food is way off the chart…I still say a lawsuit would make it clear for them….especially if L&L is going to expand on the mainland…your not do all of us a favor but all of them also…
Old 10-19-2004, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Oh man, you guys are making me scared to eat out anymore

I always knew there was something inherently very bad about L&L
Old 10-19-2004, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
I'm surprise... damn... I like their Chicken Katsu & Garlic Ahi... have to be more careful now
Old 10-19-2004, 11:08 PM

yes, every single restaurant (good or bad, expensive or cheap) has gross happenings. i guess you just gotta go out and eat with the thought of "out of sight, out of mind." now i feel like barfing and cooking at home every night....not. heheh.

Originally Posted by Huby
well I’m not trying to defend L&L, but a lot of restaurants fancy and normal are dirty as hell in their kitchen...i work at a delivery service and we delivery for over 36 different restaurants....i can give you some names of the places where you should not go...it really depends on the people working there...the owner can't be there 24/7...but it is the owners job to fire any incompetent managers that let their staff slack off and not do their job of keeping the place clean. Keeping a restaurant clean is a *****…my parents owned 2 on the mainland and we would stay till 3 in the morning twice a week to do a full detail job in the kitchen, everything had to bleached and scrubbed spotless… But anyways, finding maggots in your food is way off the chart…I still say a lawsuit would make it clear for them….especially if L&L is going to expand on the mainland…your not do all of us a favor but all of them also…
Old 10-20-2004, 12:57 AM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Angry

That sucks... Man.. I used to eat L&L long time ago.. now mostly Loco Moco or Zippy's... but hey, there is no safe place to eat... there is always sthing wrong...
Old 10-20-2004, 12:55 PM

Car Info: 07 limited
get a lawyer and sue them... nuff said!
Old 10-20-2004, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
thats gross...

Quick Reply: Don't eat at L&L - Airport...found maggots in the food!