Does anyone know where to source a sheet of prismatic plastic (fluorescent light cov)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 02:49 AM

Car Info: Rust bucketo
Does anyone know where to source a sheet of prismatic plastic (fluorescent light cov)

I was trying to find where to locally get a sheet of clear prismatic plastic, commonly used in fluorescent light covers.

I'm not sure if the industry standard is the diamond (eggcrate) shaped lens, but the sheets that Home Depot sells aren't the type I need. I was looking for a square pattern. I tried Kilgo's (for the heck of it) and was redirected to places like Plastics Hawaii (Dillingham) and Dial Electric (Dillingham) but both places only carried the "diamond" shape. Someone told me to try Myn's Plastics (spelling?)

I found a website / manufacturer in San Diego called San Diego Plastics that carries the item, but i'm sure it'll be an arm and a leg to get a sheet since apparently the minimum order is ~$75.00.

Home depot sells this,

but i'd like to find this:

http://www.sdplastics.com/ALP/alplenses.html

It's probably a long shot, but does anyone know if it's possible to get a sheet or so locally?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You.
Dan

Last edited by caterpill; 05-04-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
there's a store that sells plastics and plexiglass/lexan items on dillingham, it's right after you turn up the street off king a few buildings after the jiffy lube.

edit: oh nevermind I just read you went there