Does anyone Drift R/C's here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:19 PM

Car Info: ?
Talking

wassup guys, I just got my car2, HPI Nitro RS4, it's used so needs a tune up........anyway the park by house has huge parking lots to drift, race what not in, it's across the street from Waipio Gentry Jack in a Crack.........I'm down, couple of my friends got cars so I'm pretty sure they'll be down to go...
Old 11-17-2005, 08:38 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I just gotta reassemble my front diff and I'm good to go. Randy should be done building his car soon. I'm going to fix Jerry's steering and Guat's car is always RTR. I already have some cheap cones from Walmart (the sorta flat ones used for things like soccer) to make courses with.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Car Info: toaster
tb02 any good to drift with? just got back into it again, been doing this for about 14 years, stopped when i had my suby. sold all my stuff to upgrade to a stage 4

picked up a tl01, im not to happy with it, was considering the tt01 as another cheap cost effective car. im not too intrested in picking up a higher end TC to drift and grip with, I would rather get a separate car for both, less hassle with set ups.

and how are brushless motors? they were just coming out when i stopped about 4-5 years ago.

man i miss my ta03 and tc3

Last edited by kawshon1; 11-17-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:18 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
My friend has a TC4 and he loves it. His reason being that he's been into grip RC racing since he was really young and knows the owner of Sandy Flemmings. The owner of Sandy Flemmings owns a TC4 so parts for it are guaranteed to be in stock.

The TB02 is pretty good for drifting, but you can ask Barry or some of the other guys their opinions on what they are currently running.

So far Jon, Randy, I, and another friend of mine have TB-02s and love them. They have very good adjustability as far as toe-in/out, negative/positive camber and a few other things. Also, some of the parts are better on the TB-02 vs. the TL/TT-01s (i.e. metal vs. plastic parts). Parts for the TB-02 are also more readily available both locally and online.

As far as brushless, they're pretty nuts. They're faster and have longer run-times, but have slightly less responsiveness compared to non-brushless type motors.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:32 PM

Car Info: toaster
thanks, and yeah I live down the road from sandy's and know Dave for many years. hmm what to do now haha
Old 11-18-2005, 01:28 AM

Location: was living on oahu..but now im on the big island of hawaii
Car Info: 2004 WRX
wassup everyone darn i havent posted in a long time...hehe.... i use to be one of them hardcore r/cers back in the day .. my drift r/c's have been in storage for almost a year now...yes its not fun when u r/c by urself ....we use to go costco iwalei (sp) ever since ive moved back to the big island i havent played with them since ..dont know if the drift r/c thing is here but yah these things are a blast ...heres my two r/c's.pics are kinda old.....tc3 upgraded to novac brushless ,one way rear diff and tons of other stuff...micro rs4 w/ mamba brushless.....

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone Drift R/C's here?-digital-cam-pics-055.jpg  
Old 11-18-2005, 02:02 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
well I'm trying out my hand at a brushless system and let me tell you it's worth every pretty penny that I paid for it. it responds very well. only thing with brushless is that you'll have to find the CORRECT gearing for your chassis to make the most of the motor. to low of a gear ratio will burn out the ESC.

also the TB-02 is a great chassis however most people will have the cheaper tt-01 which isn't bad either.

HMMMMMM sounds like somethings happening here :banana:

do I SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL i-club R/C day

Jon

I'll have to look into more cones though! THIS!!! could definately be a weekly things so that we make the most of our investments

Jon

well I'm trying out my hand at a brushless system and let me tell you it's worth every pretty penny that I paid for it. it responds very well. only thing with brushless is that you'll have to find the CORRECT gearing for your chassis to make the most of the motor. to low of a gear ratio will burn out the ESC.

also the TB-02 is a great chassis however most people will have the cheaper tt-01 which isn't bad either.

Jon

I'll have to look into more cones though! THIS!!! could definately be a weekly things so that we make the most of our investments

Jon

Jon

Jon
Old 11-18-2005, 02:37 AM

Car Info: 02' WRX wagon
Seeing these pics makes me want to build another one
Old 11-18-2005, 02:50 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx
What would be the best r/c car to buy if you want to start off in the hobby i was looking around on the internet and its all greek to me.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:56 AM

Car Info: 02' WRX wagon
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHZB9&P=0

I love the TC4 or the TC3(older version) They are both great cars. I have owned 2 of these and they were both great. You can find parts for these almost anywere, and tons of upgrades too. They have a ready to run kit for like $250, you could get everything you needed plus extra parts for probably under $350. If you go with the kit you are going to spend a little more about. The kit is almost $220, so figure about $500+ for everything you need and some extra parts. If you are looking for a good way to get started check ebay I bought one off there and it was great car. I paid $250 for it and it had everything.

Other cars that are good are the HPI RS4's, and the Team Losi(< can't remeber the name of the car)

If you want a good link to check out osme rc drifters go to www.rcdrift.org they have some good pics. Its been awhile since I have been on there so sorry if it is out of date.

Bryan

Last edited by Grey16; 11-18-2005 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:58 AM

so would anyone be up for this R/C thing if it's planned? how many would actually show? what's better... Day or Night? it might end up being during the evening since businesses will be closed and MOST people aren't working.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:49 PM

Car Info: ?
i'll be down...2 go, Waipio park has a lot of parking and room to play around...but they close the gates @ night....so nighttime probably gotta go 2 iwilei...
Old 11-19-2005, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
damn...finally i'm done with my R/C....yay.....

Quick Reply: Does anyone Drift R/C's here?