Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 04:47 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Kimchee busts his *** for the money!
Old 04-05-2003, 08:25 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
I LOOOOVEE kimchee!!!! ............... oh wait, ................ that's at SOROBOL!!!

Anyway, dude, you should definitely post up any questions you have! I promise, we're not all that bad!
We rip on people in here 'cause we know who they are and what not.

You should try and come out to the track when we're out, or maybe to a cruise or something.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Hey Kimchee,

When I first got on the boards about 6 months ago, I felt the same way as you. Especially if you've been reading for awhile, I could see how you could form some pretty viscious images in your head. I've seen some people get TORN UP on these boards.

What you don't see, however, is the times when, Nolimit, who flamed the crap out of me for buying an E-bay uppipe, came out to my house, wired my Unichip harness, and helped install my boost controller. Or the time when StabMasterArson cane running down to my house at 8:30pm, missing his "favorite TV show" to help a poor helpless n00b get his exhaust on the car. Or the first day I met Rexstang and he invited me out to his house after the races... and so on and so forth.

Point of the story is: I used to think that these guys were scary . Sometimes we get a little harsh on these boards, but most of it is for show. Come on out to the track on a Friday night (usually after 9) and meet us at "Subaru Corner". You will find out that once we get to know you, we will try to help you, teach you, get you discounts on parts, get your car working when YOU jacked it up, entertain you, get you drunk, laid, etc. etc. etc. all for the low low price of growing a thick skin here on i-club.

If there is such a thing as Aloha, these guys personify it better than anyone I have ever met.
-Greg
Old 04-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Big Baller

Car Info: 93 BG5, 00&01 GM6, 06LGT, 07STi
Kimchee,
haven't seen you in a while, thought you disappeared or something.

Last edited by ImprezaRSX; 04-05-2003 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 5.4RS
Originally posted by Nolimit
...plus I got a lot of pent up anger I need to release!!
massaaaagae run will solve that
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2003, 11:11 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by ImprezaRSX
beatin' on Dan sounds pretty fun.
How did I get brought up in this? Oh well bring it on!
Old 04-05-2003, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Kimchee,

I think that the 3 biggest rules are 1) Don't come on here baiting people. That's probably pretty obvious. I think some of the guys love flaming folks that do that and you don't seem like that would be something you'd do. 2) If you throw a provacative opinion out and have no data to back it up, just that you've been tuning since you were in the womb and that's good enough; expect some critical words. From what you've said, I'd doubt you would do that either. 3) Do your research. It's too easy to do and truth be told, some questions are obviously n00b. I guess some people feel like they had to do the research at some time, so everyone else should as well. Personally, if I think I know the answer to the question, and it has been answered hundreds of times before, then I just don't reply. With that said, though, there are some quesions that seem pretty n00bish that really aren't, and deserve more discussion. If you can't find the answer, then ask away.

I'd tend to agree with you about the 'go-fast' stuff vs. the looks stuff. It is the primary, non-OT(read: ****) thing that gets discussed in here, but I'd disagree that everyone is only interested in 'go-mods'. Dan's looking at body kit's for his 240. Me, Steven, and Richard all have aftermarket headlights. I even thought of adding an additional wing to my car. I've got a set of Dom's old rims which I think are gorgeous but are more than likely heavier than the WRX stock rims. Even Sean likes some cosmetic-only things.

Lastly, like Greg said, as I've come on here (about 10 months ago, I think) I was a bit intimidated because where now I know little, then I knew nothing. I've been touched more than a few times for folks going out of their way to help me out on my car. Honestly, I've got a long 'hit' list of people who I feel that I owe more than a debt of gratitude. If Wes ever needs any help, if Sean ever needs any help, Dan, Jayson, Mike, Richard.....and that's just the short list. But to be honest, if someone if I've got the time and someone I barely know needs help, I'll try to do what's necessary. As I'm writing that last statement, though, I guess I do have to be sort of convinced that the person is serious about learning and bettering their car with some thought.

Im hoping that the threats on the Iclub are just threats. Hopefully everyone here is mature enough to not go around beating people up
Where do you live?

Seriously, there have only been a few chuckleheads that got flamed so bad it made you wonder if something could come out of it, but honestly if you were to read their posts, it would seem as if they were looking to instigate something beyond the normal, fun-and-games flaming.

Post up. You'll be happy you did.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:00 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
How did I get brought up in this? Oh well bring it on!
Don't make me tell everyone about the Rallisport.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by gpatmac
Don't make me tell everyone about the Rallisport.
yeah, you drive like RexProtege in that game. If you win it's because you've rammed me off the track.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Like I said, rubbing's racing.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:01 PM
Where is my beer?

This has nothing to do with anything .... but ...

....... ooouuuuuuuuuuccccchhhhh

..... my head is killlllllingg me!!!!!!!

Damn evil alcohol!!!!! I think I'm still drunk and it's already after 1!!!
Old 04-05-2003, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

Hey, give me a call. 368-5612.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Where is my beer?

Hey, give me a call. 368-5612.
Is that your new cell number?
Old 04-06-2003, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Yup.

Hey, np about the trax. I probably would have been that much more anxious if you and 18hr were there.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:59 AM

Kimchee,

I think that the 3 biggest rules are 1) Don't come on here baiting people. That's probably pretty obvious. I think some of the guys love flaming folks that do that and you don't seem like that would be something you'd do. 2) If you throw a provacative opinion out and have no data to back it up, just that you've been tuning since you were in the womb and that's good enough; expect some critical words. From what you've said, I'd doubt you would do that either. 3) Do your research. It's too easy to do and truth be told, some questions are obviously n00b. I guess some people feel like they had to do the research at some time, so everyone else should as well. Personally, if I think I know the answer to the question, and it has been answered hundreds of times before, then I just don't reply. With that said, though, there are some quesions that seem pretty n00bish that really aren't, and deserve more discussion. If you can't find the answer, then ask away.

I'd tend to agree with you about the 'go-fast' stuff vs. the looks stuff. It is the primary, non-OT(read: ****) thing that gets discussed in here, but I'd disagree that everyone is only interested in 'go-mods'. Dan's looking at body kit's for his 240. Me, Steven, and Richard all have aftermarket headlights. I even thought of adding an additional wing to my car. I've got a set of Dom's old rims which I think are gorgeous but are more than likely heavier than the WRX stock rims. Even Sean likes some cosmetic-only things.
Post up. You'll be happy you did.
Pat pretty much summed it up along with Seans advice to come out to a few events. I really felt nervous when I first started posting here. There can be a vibe of a "tight knit-core group" But these guys are really cool. Try and hit the tracks on friday nights, or a auto-x event, or the next cruise, or install day...any event you come out to: bottom line; there will be some fellow suby owner willing to offer advice, friendship, or help.

Steve

Oh and the only " go fast " mod I got is an intake