Disrespect

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Disrespect

Just a question out of pure, innocent curiosity.

Why is it that everyone seems to find insulting other people on here so alluring? I, for one, find it pretty distracting.

It's obvious that when some jackass comes on here to bait everyone for his own enjoyment, the proper response would be to flame away.

On the other hand, when someone asks a question, and it has been asked many times before, why can't the response be, "This question has been asked a lot. If you were to do a search, you will come up with more information than you can possibly use."

When someone's typing or spelling ability aren't as good as you think they should be; even when you can't understand them, it doesn't seem like it's anyone's business. You might say, "Well, he asked a question. How can I answer it if I don't understand it?" A course of action might be to just ignore the question. Another might be to politely tell him that you can't understand his question, could he please restate it so that you can.

When someone states an opinion, and even when he won't listen to fact and staunchly remains married to his position, why doesn't everyone just leave him alone because he isn't worth a single keystroke?

Is it just part of the 'forum' culture. I can definitely understand playing around or joking. But some of the stuff that folks write is just plain old disrespect. It just don't seem right. All it does is make me ask why. It just seems like there are so many intelligent people on these forums who feel like they have some knowledge and no one else does, so they have to patronize or outright disrespect.

Flame away if you like. Don't really care. When I originally came on the boards, my impression was one in which there were thousands of people with thousands of different perspectives, opinions, and knowledge who were willing to share. Anymore, it seems like about half of the folks with the worthwhile information get off on hoarding their knowledge and putting down those who are trying to learn.

That's all I've got to say about that.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:09 PM
Big Baller

Car Info: 93 BG5, 00&01 GM6, 06LGT, 07STi
very well put you army retard.

No seriously, I totally understand. I admit I've flamed a person or two... well maybe two, but it does seem that some are more "flamable" that others.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by ImprezaRSX
very well put you army retard.

No seriously, I totally understand. I admit I've flamed a person or two... well maybe two, but it does seem that some are more "flamable" that others.
Don't get me wrong. For the most part, I agree. There are just some people who might think that they are posting one thing, when in fact they're actually posting something like, "hey guys, I'm a dumbass and I was hoping you could put me in my place today."

All I was talking about were folks who are asking genuine questions, just looking for a word of advice or guidance.

I guess getting flamed doesn't hurt anything but one's pride, but like I said, when I'm trying to find information and there's a flame-war going on, it's a waste of my time. It usually starts off as a good post until some peckerhead wants to 'look smart' and then it's on. About the time I realize where the thread is going, I've already clicked out of there.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:51 PM

werd
Old 04-04-2003, 12:04 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Pat, that's THE main reason I do not read outside of our forum, or on Nabisco's forum either.

Now, in here, you are fair game to get your dumb *** flamed.

off topic:
..... and by the way . ............
I F(*^(&^KING HATE THE F)*&^*&^KING COPS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I give up!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Where is my beer?

and Pat, we tried calling you a few times earlier, ..... we went down to the gulch and got attacked by a pack of dogs!
Old 04-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Where is my beer?

.... oh yeah and, ... did you have a run-in with somebody on the boards??
Old 04-04-2003, 07:06 AM
VIP Member

I went to bed at 10pm last night. Only have one lung now and all of my leg muscles have hardened and atrophied after the last 2 days PT runs. Also, I think I left my phone in my car.

What do you mean dogs? You mean pigs?

Now, in here, you are fair game to get your dumb *** flamed.
What that's telling me is that it is all just part of the game.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Where is my beer?

Originally posted by gpatmac
I went to bed at 10pm last night. Only have one lung now and all of my leg muscles have hardened and atrophied after the last 2 days PT runs. Also, I think I left my phone in my car.

What do you mean dogs? You mean pigs?

What that's telling me is that it is all just part of the game.
nope, ... I mean dogs, .... you know, dogs? (that was supposed to be a reference from the movie ****** )

Anyway, you puss , ... the comment about being fair game was only b/c this ain't no tech forum, ... and we all know each other.
I think some people just 'play a game' on the forums, but some people use it to boost their ego's and talk **** without the fear of repercussion. All that needs to happen is a bunch of people suddenly getting their asses beat to a pulp from someone they were talking **** to, ... then people might start thinking twice before posting like they do, ... cause you know half the time they'd get cold cocked for saying what they do!
Old 04-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Big Baller

Yeah!! We need a little Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back action.

Pat, Sean, Jayson and I can go door to door:
"did you post....?"

then beat the holy living snot out of them.
It would only take a few hundred people before word got to the boards that i-club regulators were coming around in fast subarus kicking the shtick out of people who act like a$$holes.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Where is my beer?

.... I think it's a good idea, ... we could get paid for it and do it for other forums too!!
We wouldn't be Moderators, ... we'd be Regulators!!!

plus I got a lot of pent up anger I need to release!!
Old 04-04-2003, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

That's like the night I graduated Basic Training. 5 FEB 1988.

Some ******** that had been picked on by everyone in the platoon went from bunk to bunk, going down his list, and invited each guy that had punked him into the day room. When they got in there, it was sort of like a party atmosphere...camera's & an audience. One by one, he fought everybody on his list.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Nolimit
plus I got a lot of pent up anger I need to release!!
We could put the gloves on if you want. I'm only about 190. Or we could rassle. Do a little of that brazillian ju jitsu.

Or both of us could just box or wrestle Dan.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Big Baller

beatin' on Dan sounds pretty fun.

He looks like my little brother (only skinnier) and it would be kinda nostalgic for me.