Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:13 PM

Car Info: Storme..
you have the wrong idea sir..

very uneducated assumption

i suggest you leave.. k thx bye
Old 07-17-2006, 11:36 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX PSM WAAGONE & 1967 vee dub squareback
whoa! is there some kinda law that said "you can lower your car past a certain point". personal preference! you dont like a dropped car then dont drop yours! personaly I love to see all kinds of different subies!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:45 PM

Car Info: easystreet's ESX 344 Stage 4 Dyno Tuned
Talking

dont flame guys, i think we all need to point out that we all actually bought suspension for our cars (coilovers) instead of cutting our springs hehehe!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:47 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by esx344dreams04
dont flame guys
umm better him then you right boobie???
Old 07-17-2006, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 2003 Wrx Wagon
Cool

Originally Posted by donaudi
Well me personally i run about 14" from the center of the hub to the fenders. I can actually say i felt the difference from slamming WRX's because i have had mine down pretty low. But you know.... to each his own. I just hope SUBARU's dont end up like the sterotipical HONDA.

its far way far from it. like wat **** sed only at shows have i seen subby's slammed to the point they cant move!! or like me just for the hell of it!!

Originally Posted by scoobie8
whoa! is there some kinda law that said "you can lower your car past a certain point". personal preference! you dont like a dropped car then dont drop yours! personaly I love to see all kinds of different subies!
ditto!!

Originally Posted by esx344dreams04
dont flame guys, i think we all need to point out that we all actually bought suspension for our cars (coilovers) instead of cutting our springs hehehe!!!
Nah Bobby!! i jus hate wen people think that the world revolves them!! and thank God i didnt go that route with my suspension!! cutting or heating them things!! jus waiting for the real deal to come in!! LOL!!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:56 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Originally Posted by donaudi
I can actually say i felt the difference from slamming WRX's because i have had mine down pretty low.

Subarus don't handle as well when they're "slammed". Not sure about Hondas. I see Subarus here that are way too low in my opinion. There's a picture of one in this thread. That's just my opinion. It really depends on what you're going to do with the car. Driving on the street and trying to look like "rice"? By all means slam it to the ground. Daily driver and might actually drive the car rally style? Leave the ride height alone. Tracking the car (at a track)? Lower it to where it doesn't rub. In the end it's up to the individual, but I'm not a fan of "slammed" Subies on 19s or 20s. To each his own. Funny how you're critical about local cars when you've obviously made the same mistakes.

San
Old 07-18-2006, 12:12 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon JAVA BLACK PEARL
right with you san...this guy just admitted he slammed his car...and now hes slammin hi i-club??? im lost.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:28 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by sakebomb
right with you san...this guy just admitted he slammed his car...and now hes slammin hi i-club??? im lost.
holy sht it's eric!!!! wassup man
Old 07-18-2006, 12:46 AM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Born and raised on Ohau. Currently living and working in Maui. On vecation for a week here is Ohau....i'm down for chilling

Quote from OP. Old post, but not sure why he's talkin' smack in this thread. I leave in a few days, so I'll leave the R-compounds (on 17 X 8.5 SSR Cs) stacked up in my bedroom. It would be fun to play, I don't have the time. Too bad we don't have a track to race on.

San
Old 07-18-2006, 12:54 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
Originally Posted by sakebomb
What up Eric!!! Where have you been? Still in Cali? Kinda ironic for this thread but, I need you to do me a favor. Im getting a set of Zero-2s and am worried about ride height. If you have time, measure from the center bore to your fender for me please sir. I would appreciate it greatly.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:00 AM

I was born and raised in Ohau. And now currently living and working in Maui. I have slammed my car to test the results. I on occasion race with Maui SCCA. Please come out i'd love to race one of you guys with a slammed vehicle.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:16 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
"Bless The Lowered!!"
Old 07-18-2006, 01:19 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
Maybe things have changed over there since I left. The only ricer I know of is Chris and his super tucked wheels on his grocery getter, and his folgers brand coffee peformance exhaust.

Nah nah I kid I kid. But seriously most Subies I've seen on oahu were dropped correctly with either coils or performance springs. Curious of how many you saw cause they were few and far between and most weren't on here. I ask about i-club and they would rev the engines and drive off like an idiot. Stupid forums hawaii.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:28 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
^^dude, i couldn't stop laughing!!! Anyway car has a much smaller exhaust now, and i also feel like there are many ricey subarus out here, but then again, people will do as they please to their cars. Some like power, some handling, and for the vast majority here, exterior cosmetics. to each their own. i just hope our stupid governor and mayor would step up to the plate and give us some pavement to drive on.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:29 AM

You know what.. i wouldent be supprised if most of these guys i seen were these you kids who were going for a trendi car look. The area where i saw most of them were in Pearlridge area on a Sat evening. Well im just having fun. The whole reason i started this tread was to state my obervations while i was there. I can tell the difference between a properly lowered WRX and a slammed one. I thought it was pretty funny some of u guys got your panties in a bind over no reason.