DIRT for XBOX 360....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:38 AM

Car Info: My 2009 FIT for sale!!!!!!!!!!
DIRT for XBOX 360....

guys even played that game yet??? what you guys think if you played it??? i heard good/bad things about it...... i bought it..... it gets pretty hard....
Old 07-08-2007, 03:11 AM

Car Info: Storme..
I was gonna buy it yesterday I saw it at gamestop... Xbox360 games break the bank
Old 07-08-2007, 03:18 AM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
I got it the day after it came out so I have been playing it for a few weeks with the 360 steering wheel. As far as realism I would say it comes pretty close, but physics wise the cars dont seem to handle quite right. The AWD cars handle almost indentically to the FWD and RWD ones but after getting used to that I think the game is pretty awesome. Just my $.02 though.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:09 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru Wrx
i have forza 2, if any1 has this game, how is it compared to dirt?
lol ya xbox360 games breaks the bank
Old 07-08-2007, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 05 Aspen White STi 02 PSM Bugeye RIP
im interested in Dirt too.. just saw an ad for it the other day.. have to admit though.. im a diehard Gran Turismo fan.. and when GT 5 or whatever they are gonna call it comes out its time for a PS3. yep.. sorry i said it.. PS3. the only reason to buy one is for Gran Turismo.. otherwise Xbox takes the cake most times..
Old 07-09-2007, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 2006 STi
dirt is fun end of story......
Old 07-09-2007, 10:35 AM

Car Info: WRX
I am on the last Tier in dirt. The game has great graphics, and is fun. It has a arcadey feel, it's not like Forza 2 physics. The steering is mainly the arcadey part. Overall a very fun game. The crashes are the best part.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 PM

thanks i might pick up the forza 2.......
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
I heard there are longevity issues concerning XBox 360 consoles... better hang on to those warranties.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:47 PM

i just got the xbox 360 elite(newest verison 120gigs) they said it was inmproved but i dont know....

Originally Posted by luktang
I heard there are longevity issues concerning XBox 360 consoles... better hang on to those warranties.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx
I like Dirt better than Carbon but could still have been better...

I'm on the fourth Tier.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:26 PM

Car Info: Slower than the guy with all the money :(
Originally Posted by ej20boost
thanks i might pick up the forza 2.......
Get the game, and send me a friend request. My gamertag is STi COUPE. Join some games we have online, some forums hawaii guys do drift sessions if you want to do that.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Dirt is fun as hell. I set the Force feedback on the wheel all the way high, it's a freakin work out. A lot of fun though.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:32 PM

Car Info: Slower than the guy with all the money :(
forza drifters
Attached Thumbnails DIRT for XBOX 360....-6fefe20381824c49b03903bwb5.jpg   DIRT for XBOX 360....-c21ca17b79c34c06a08dd45le4.jpg   DIRT for XBOX 360....-07_07drift1.jpg   DIRT for XBOX 360....-07_07drift2.jpg   DIRT for XBOX 360....-07_07drift3.jpg  

Last edited by 2.5 DOHC; 07-09-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by luktang
warrantys were extended to 3years of purchase date

Originally Posted by Microsoft
Microsoft Extends Warranty for 3 years and offers refunds...
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm

"As of today, all Xbox 360 consoles are covered by an enhanced warranty program to address specifically the general hardware failures indicated by the three flashing red lights on the console. This applies to new and previously-sold consoles. While we will still have a general one year console warranty (two years in some countries), we are announcing today a three-year warranty that covers any console that displays a three flashing red lights error message. If a customer has an issue indicated by the three flashing red lights, Microsoft will repair the console free of charge—including shipping—for three years from the console’s purchase date. We will also retroactively reimburse any of you who paid for repairs related to problems indicated by this error message in the past. In doing so, Microsoft stands behind its products and takes responsibility to ensure that every Xbox 360 console owner continues to have a fantastic gaming experience."

Peter Moore explains the new warranty
http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support...rranty-wma.wma

Expanded Xbox 360 Warranty Coverage FAQ
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...arrantyfaq.htm
Q: What are you rolling out that is new?
A: While we maintain our one-year console warranty (two years in some countries), Microsoft is extending the terms of its Xbox 360 warranty to three years for certain general hardware failures which are indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. This will apply to new and existing customers and we will retroactively pay back the out-of-warranty repair costs paid by customers for console problems indicated by the three flashing red lights.

Q: How does this warranty differ from your existing warranty?
A: Currently, any Xbox 360 is covered by a one year manufacturer’s warranty (two years in some parts of the world). If the console is out of warranty, there is a charge to have it repaired. It then comes with an additional one year repair warranty. With these changes, there is effectively a three year warranty with no charge for repair for general hardware failures indicated by the three flashing red lights error code which displays on the console.

Q: Is this effective worldwide?
A: Yes, these policies are global. The new policies are now being instituted in our customer service centers around the world, which may take a few days to fully implement.

Q: When does the policy change go into effect?
A: These new policies are now being instituted in our customer service centers around the world, which may take a few days to fully implement. They will apply to new and existing customers. For the latest information, customers should visit Xbox.com.

Q: Is there any health or safety issue at play here?
A: This is in no way related to any sort of product safety issue.

Q: Do I get a refund?
A: Yes, we will reimburse any customer who was out of warranty and paid for repairs due issues indicated by the three flashing red lights error message. Customer should expect to receive a check in 10-12 weeks.

Q: How does this affect my extended warranty bought from my retailer?
A: You’re still covered under your existing warranty for issues outside the scope of this specific three-year warranty.

Q: Have you identified a root cause that can lead to failure?
A: There is not a single issue that we can point to as being a problem. We test the product extensively, including accelerated life testing, but the nature of the console itself is very complex, as it’s a consumer electronic product that contains more than 1,700 different components and 500 million transistors.

There are a variety of scenarios that can cause a general hardware failure. Only the indicator (the three flashing red lights) is always the same.

Q: Who do I contact with further questions?
A: Please contact your local Xbox Customer Service (1-800-4-MY-XBOX in the US and Canada).

Quick Reply: DIRT for XBOX 360....