dedicated to McRae

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:57 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM Bugeye & Kawasaki Z1000
yeah man thanks for posting it again. Im glad i got to see him live at this years x games.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:57 PM

Car Info: Renault Clio RS R27
I got that from Codemaster:

Hello.

As followers of racing games, and followers of Codemasters, I’m sure you have by now heard the very sad news of the death of Colin McRae, his son and two family friends.

For us all here at Codemasters, it was a privilege to be associated with a man recognised as a true great. He always took a keen interest in the game experience, wanting to make sure it was without equal in its portrayal of the sport. He was not prepared to compromise and was as passionate as us in making the Colin McRae games the best they could be.

For those of us who worked closely with Colin and got to know and admire him, we take great heart from this and recall great memories of his time in the dev studio. I’m sure that many of you out there reading this will also have wonderful memories of a first-class sportsman, whether from WRC coverage, or if you were lucky enough to meet him.

Many of you have already posted messages of condolence on the Codemasters forum, and we would like you to know that we’ve set up a dedicated page for this purpose on the Codemasters website here: www.codemasters.co.uk/colinmcrae

Personally, I’ll count the interview I did with him in 2004 as a memory I’ll forever cherish, and I thought I’d just pull a short quote from it to end this tribute to a friend of Codemasters, and an all-around "car guy"

RFT:
"OK. What is it about you as a rally driver that makes you better than the next guy?"

CM:
"For any successful driver, it’s confidence. Self-belief. But that’s in anything in life. If you’re confident in what you’re doing and you really believe in yourself that you can pull it off, then generally you will."

Rich "RFT" Tysoe
Codemasters
www.codemasters.co.uk

/sad
Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 PM

Car Info: My 2009 FIT for sale!!!!!!!!!!
dedicated to McRae

i dont know if this is a repost but...... it just brings a tear to my eyes.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci_p6ulyTRg

RIP McRae!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
Old 09-19-2007, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Thanks G. but I still say Colin Mcrae is "THE MAN"