December 2006 / January 2007 Meet Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
December 2006 / January 2007 Meet Schedule

All,

It's been a crazy year full of old and new faces at these meets. It has also been filled with a lot more drama than we all needed. For the last month of 2006 I'm going to be changing the day from Thursday to Friday. For the month of December that will be beneficial since there can be a total of 5 total meets instead of the usual 4. Further in January I'll be changing the day for each week in January so that those that cannot make the normal Thursday meets can get a chance to and this will hopefully get newer faces to these. After January, I plan on making things bi-weekly so that we can hopefully have more people come out to these things.

Since this is NOT the past and we're moving on towards future, if you'd like to invite other people from other CAR CLUBS, please (before the drama starts) consult us (i-club) as a group so that we can make a sound decision on it. Please remember that this is a Subaru meet so any outside CAR CLUBS are welcomed as long as the majority of the group from i-club votes that it's ok in advance BEFORE the scheduled meet. This does not include if you want to invite your friend to come that has another type of car or a couple of friends that can fit in a car or two that want to hang out with us.

Though things were different in the past with these meets, I for one am finding that our community in HIIC is not as strong as it used to be. Keeping it exclusive to Subarus will hopefully unify us a Subaru community again.

I will be updating this thread with the details.

This is open to suggestions...

Jon
Old 11-24-2006, 03:36 PM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
Thanks Jon.

It will be good to change to Friday, may be easier on some peoples scheduals. Hopefuly.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:38 PM

That's what I'm looking forward to. Also, any suggestions for new locations to attend? Starbucks is great but not everyone drinks coffee. Jama Juice is great as well but at that time of the night that's a lot of calories to consume before going to bed.

Jon
Old 11-24-2006, 04:47 PM

Shoot man, honestly I think that Starbucks are great, not because I drink it, but because they are easy to find, have decent parking, outdoor seating, and a website listing locations. That's hard to beat.

But then again, other stores fall into this catagory, fast food chains might be a good way to go, but I would think that parking would be more of an issue then.
Drive-thru nation and all. Grocery stores could be ok, but are offten deeper in residental areas, retail areas are usualy better for access and parking, closer to main roads.

If the demand comes back for weekly meets there could be a set bi-weekly meet of Starbucks, and then a Bi-weekly of something elce, just to change up the pace. (although, I don't think people are getting bored of the meets, don't know?) That way there could be an expantion of things to do, not just meeting up to hang out. Whit the moving of the meets to Friday nights, this could alow the club to take advantage of car shows, sports events, etc. if thats something people would want to do. Just a thought.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:16 PM

definitely... thanks for your input.

well the main reason why i'm thinking about going bi-weekly is because there isn't that much showing and if it's not as often then people might show up more you know

Jon
Old 11-24-2006, 05:23 PM

I have mixed feelings about bi-weekly, to be honest. However i think it will be good to try it out, I think it will show quickly whether the meets get larger or what happens, it's something needs to be tried out. once you see results, the club can go from there.

so thanks again man.

Dave
Old 11-24-2006, 06:00 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
I agree with Jon 100%. I know the meets started otu as a way to meet new people and sell cars or whatever, but the fact is that they have evolved into something that represents i-club. i believe that this will unify the group as well as bring new people to it, as we will have more of a chance to get to know them as individuals. Please feel free to bring your frinds, but be respectful and limit it to one car at a time. That way at least there is some control over what happens and we can all get along much better. Look forward to seeing everyone come out if you can to show your support for HIIC and make some friends!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:14 PM

Car Info: easystreet's ESX 344 Stage 4 Dyno Tuned
Originally Posted by 91sleeper
I agree with Jon 100%. I know the meets started otu as a way to meet new people and sell cars or whatever, but the fact is that they have evolved into something that represents i-club. i believe that this will unify the group as well as bring new people to it, as we will have more of a chance to get to know them as individuals. Please feel free to bring your frinds, but be respectful and limit it to one car at a time. That way at least there is some control over what happens and we can all get along much better. Look forward to seeing everyone come out if you can to show your support for HIIC and make some friends!
dittos
Old 11-24-2006, 07:22 PM

ok sounds like I have some support

well if there aren't any more suggestions or objections then I hope to post the schedule later on tonight.

To the people that are actively attending these meets... what side of the island is best for you? Anywhere you'd like to see more tours at?

Jon
Old 11-24-2006, 07:33 PM

My theory was: people downtown want to get out and the people out of town don't want to drive back in or hang around after work. May or may not be true.

I know I am more likely to hit up meets out west, have more fun out there too as I know I can chill longer, not have to drive through as much police-age, etc.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:23 PM

still need input
Old 11-25-2006, 12:48 AM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
i know we haven't had a windward side meet yet i know i know hardly anyone shows but still...
Old 11-25-2006, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
Jon awesome Idea, Friday would be a good day cause alot of people have weekends off. As for Windward meets they have had a few in the past but like you said usually not alot show up. Anyway keep up the good work!
Old 11-25-2006, 07:06 PM

Thanks guys... I'll keep everyone posted

Jon
Old 11-25-2006, 11:06 PM

friday is a good time-- away from the malls due to crazy shopping season- how about ewa starbucks? or kapolei.. my lil input he he..

Quick Reply: December 2006 / January 2007 Meet Schedule