Dealer Techs

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:37 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
it's garbage like this that always ruins my day. you gonna complain to the BBB if they run out of coffee in the waiting room too? i'm not saying what they did was right but unless you've never made a mistake before (and subsequently are in fact jesus christ) then just go back and tell them the trouble is still there. give them a chance to make it right and i'm sure they will. the only time you should go to the BBB is if they refuse to do the work. people nowadays need to learn how to deal with their own problems, it's no wonder the government thinks they need to control everything.
No I would not tell the bbb about coffee and I am far from perfect and have many mistakes. However, tape to fix a issue the guy prolly paid 100 $ + on wasnt a mistake. The manager should have called him and informed him about the "quick" fix vs let the man find out himself. It is my initial reaction to protect others from ignorance like that. BBB is not what people think. You can leave feedback and notes if the person or business makes things right. Imho that gives them the credibility that in the end, you leave happy. Tape. Lmfao! I want to know whats going to happen now. In my eyes, that place lost all credibility, bit has the choice to make things right... we'll see.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 PM

Car Info: 07 STI
Originally Posted by moto96793
No I would not tell the bbb about coffee and I am far from perfect and have many mistakes. However, tape to fix a issue the guy prolly paid 100 $ + on wasnt a mistake. The manager should have called him and informed him about the "quick" fix vs let the man find out himself. It is my initial reaction to protect others from ignorance like that. BBB is not what people think. You can leave feedback and notes if the person or business makes things right. Imho that gives them the credibility that in the end, you leave happy. Tape. Lmfao! I want to know whats going to happen now. In my eyes, that place lost all credibility, bit has the choice to make things right... we'll see.
Pretty sure he already stated he DID NOT pay because it was under warranty...
Old 04-07-2013, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
My wifes van is under warranty as well and we have found several quick fixes done to her vw van. Its the inconvenies that come with having to take the vehicle to the same dealership for the same things over and over causes issues. Perfect example a couple months ago my wifes treack links to her auto door an wiring harness fell apart because they didnt fix it properly after a recall issue. Yes, they used a paper clip to fix the track. When we took it in. A few weeks later it was having issues. So we took it back and voiced our opinion and theybagreed to order the parts. 1 month later we call them to see if the part came in cause its now 3 weeks last the dayvthey said they were going to call us cause it takes 4-7 days.. lol, they fixed it and nownit isnstopping mid track. Fluff that ****. We live 20 min away from the dealership and it sickens me. Why pay the extra 2k for a warranty when the inconvenience is still there? Sorryvall. Just fed up with the bullsh1t of life!

Last edited by moto96793; 04-07-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:22 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
there is so much fail here i don't even know where to start so i'm just gonna say you're entitled to your opinion and heaven help the next fastfood worker who gets fired because he forgets to put pickles on your hamburger....
Old 04-08-2013, 12:05 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti
The only better option I could think of for that type of repair would be stick on zip-tie bases, however, there might not have been enough clearance. Could have certainly used better tape though, perhaps that's all he had?

I wouldn't expect anyone but the most **** of us to do it the "correct" way.

Foam adhesive underneath the wires, zip tied down to adhesive bases, then taped.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:45 AM

Car Info: VF39'd EWG bugeye/ 99' Miata
However, tape to fix a issue the guy prolly paid 100 $ + on wasnt a mistake.
I'm sure that in the first post he stated that it was covered under warranty.

My wifes van is under warranty as well and we have found several quick fixes done to her vw van. Its the inconvenies that come with having to take the vehicle to the same dealership for the same things over and over causes issues. Perfect example a couple months ago my wifes treack links to her auto door an wiring harness fell apart because they didnt fix it properly after a recall issue. Yes, they used a paper clip to fix the track. When we took it in. A few weeks later it was having issues. So we took it back and voiced our opinion and theybagreed to order the parts. 1 month later we call them to see if the part came in cause its now 3 weeks last the dayvthey said they were going to call us cause it takes 4-7 days.. lol, they fixed it and nownit isnstopping mid track. Fluff that ****. We live 20 min away from the dealership and it sickens me. Why pay the extra 2k for a warranty when the inconvenience is still there? Sorryvall. Just fed up with the bullsh1t of life!
I don't know where to begin with this, there are so much spelling errors and words that don't make sense that it's making my eyes bleed from trying to decipher the post. But just think that VW and Subaru service is like apples and oranges. Servco takes way better care then whatever service you got
Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
Originally Posted by die_lawn
I'm sure that in the first post he stated that it was covered under warranty.

I don't know where to begin with this, there are so much spelling errors and words that don't make sense that it's making my eyes bleed from trying to decipher the post. But just think that VW and Subaru service is like apples and oranges. Servco takes way better care then whatever service you got
HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE.
Call the Typo Police....
I read it fine, only had to go over a few of the words twice. You need a beer before reading it

To OP:
At any rate it sucks at what they tried to do in order to rectify the situation and a pretty lame attempt. Bottom line, Subarus... rattle. End of story </thread>.

Now I've had service through Servco as well, and I'll just add my 2 cents. If you go in for something you want fixed:
First off, check it out yourself before going in if at all possible and know what you are talking about 100%.
Be forceful, be an ***, and don't take ANY lame excuse from the Service Manager people. I called BS 3 times on the unsaid person there last time, hint(he's not bald). So let that be an example of the crap they try to pull. I went back 2 weeks later after my appt and practically threatened him into fixing the issue. In which, in the end... it was.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
I dont even know whats being argued anymore. that fact that it was warrantied and paid $0 or the fact the techs did a halfass yet quick fix.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:29 PM

Car Info: Legacy 2.5GT
Originally Posted by sigterm
HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE.
Call the Typo Police....
I read it fine, only had to go over a few of the words twice. You need a beer before reading it

To OP:
At any rate it sucks at what they tried to do in order to rectify the situation and a pretty lame attempt. Bottom line, Subarus... rattle. End of story </thread>.

Now I've had service through Servco as well, and I'll just add my 2 cents. If you go in for something you want fixed:
First off, check it out yourself before going in if at all possible and know what you are talking about 100%.
Be forceful, be an ***, and don't take ANY lame excuse from the Service Manager people. I called BS 3 times on the unsaid person there last time, hint(he's not bald). So let that be an example of the crap they try to pull. I went back 2 weeks later after my appt and practically threatened him into fixing the issue. In which, in the end... it was.
What happened to your car that you had to call BS 3 times?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Car Info: VF39'd EWG bugeye/ 99' Miata
Originally Posted by sigterm
Bottom line, Subarus... rattle. End of story </thread>.
Once you modify your car, you'll be hearing more then just a rattling sound haha
Old 04-08-2013, 02:37 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
Originally Posted by kabochaKing
What happened to your car that you had to call BS 3 times?
Power Steering pump was bad in an '11 sti.
Originally Posted by die_lawn
Once you modify your car, you'll be hearing more then just a rattling sound haha
haha yep, never fails!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 PM

Car Info: Legacy 2.5GT
Oh I see